SORT BY Relevancy
LeBron James has elected to opt out of his deal with the Miami Heat. What does this mean? Should it comes as a surprise? Will he stay in Miami? Is he a bum if he leaves? If he does leave, where will he go? Should he stay in the Eastern Conference because it's easier? Also, I'll go over some of the NBA Draft prospects that aren't ranked at the top. I'll discuss who I like out of the batch of top power forward prospects as well.
Lots of responses to my sourced story on there being a 90 percent chance that LeBron James signs with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Boggles my mind that people are shocked, given that LeBron is an unrestricted free agent.
But people are shocked.
That's what makes July the best month in the NBA.
Get a grip (sorry to steal your line, Pat Riley) by repeating to yourself this phrase: "LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent."
Here is more on LeBron-to-Cavs possibility, in interview with Spence Checketts and Gordon Monson in Salt Lake City on 1280-The Zone.
LeBron James met in person with the Cleveland Cavaliers over the weekend.
On Sunday night, the infamous Dan Gilbert rant from 2010 disappeared from the Cavs Web site.
This morning, I reported that James' inner circle -- from his wife to his business manager to his best friends -- are unanimous in their belief that James should return to the Cleveland Cavaliers as a free agent.
Pat Riley and the Miami Heat will get another chance to sell James on their vision and their plans for the next few years, and that meeting will happen in Las Vegas after James arrives there Monday.
By Wednesday, when James' camp opens, this story should take several more twists and turns.
For a reading on where things stood as of Monday morning, I went on the Jeff Blair Show in Toronto and discussed the latest developments.
So I was listening to the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN Radio this morning, and he was totally misreporting what I have been reporting. Lucklily, I have the telephone number to the studio, so I called Colin and he put me on the air.
And from there, I put up with him trying to ascertain who my source is on my LeBron James-to-Cleveland story. And I held my ground.
Rarely have I been under as much scrutiny as I am now after reporting Wednesday that LeBron is returning to the Cavs. Since it is my job to defend myself and defend my reporting, I did just that with Colin. I think the both of us ended the interview happy with how it went.
Give a listen, and you will learn a little something about reporting, sourcing and the way the newsbreaking business works.
Only one Web site, my Web site, is reporting that LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers. There is some skepticism out there, which is only natural.
When the mainstream media is not reporting something as fact, people have their doubts. And I am OK with that.
But I am standing behind my story, which I did this morning on 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland on the Kiley & Booms show.
This interview got a little testy, which also is OK for me. I have thick skin.
Join Jai-Hov and Coach Lock as they discuss the hottest news of the past week, analyze the cause/effect of Lebron's 2014 Free Agency decision and debate the best/worst free agent contracts in NBA history.
Some very smart journalists and sports talk radio hosts have been downright dismissive of the possibility of LeBron James returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers. What part of "unrestricted free agent" did they not get?
The LeBron story is front and center today because of the possibility that he might return to the Cavs.
A plugged in source told me he believes that chances of Decision II being known as Redemption Night are about 75 percent. Naturally, this has folks in Miami in disbelief and denial, and folks in Cleveland in a different stage of disbelief. They are so snakebitten in Cleveland, they don't want to believe it could happen because of the chance that they'll end up being let down. They are fatalistic in Cleveland, in case you hadn't heard.
But the fact remains that a James/Cavs reunion is quite possible, as I discussed in this interview with Joe Llull, Anthony Lima and Dustin Fox on 92.3-The Fan in Cleveland.
We are in the midst of one of the most historic NBA free agency summers ever.
- On tonight's show, we will discuss Lebron James' upcoming decision on whether he will return to Miami or head back home to Clevleland.
- Lebron James and his agent Rich Paul met with Pat Riley today in Las Vegas
- Cavaliers are doing all they can to lure Lebron to town. Today they cleared $24 million in cap room by completing a three-team trade with the Celtics and Nets.
- The Cavs are also reportedly pursuing Ray Allen and Mike Miller
- Could the Cavs trade away Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love? Should they?
- We will discuss which team is the better fit for Lebron, Miami or Cleveland?
- Carmelo Anthony has reportedly decided to resign with the Knicks, barring a "last minute change of heart."
- Phil Jackson can turn things around in New York if Melo returns? Could they soon be championship contenders?
- We will interview former NFL player Jovan Haye
- We will close the show discussing the Argentina victory over Netherlands today, as they will meet Germany in the World Cup Final.
- PJ Hariston was charged with assault and battery after punching a high school kid in the face. Getting off on the wrong foot?
NBA free agency officially kicks off on July 10, but The Broad Street Line has the early word on where some of the league's premier talent will wind up. Will the "Big 3" go their separate ways? We'll answer those questions and a LOT more.
Later in the show, we'll grade Nerlens Noel's NBA debut, give you our plan on how to dismantle the Phillies, rate the best QBs in the NFL, and get you caught up on the rest of the past week in sports as only we can. So come and take a ride on The Broad Street Line: The future of sports talk radio has finally arrived.
Bobby Krivitsky and Adam Lowenstein bring you Inside the Game from 6:00 to 7:00 pm ET on Wednesday, June 25.
They give you everything you need to know about the NBA Draft and the league's upcoming offseason, including the LeBron James Decision Part II and the Melo Drama. Then, Bobby and Adam discuss the World Cup and preview the United States/Germany game. They finish with some Red Sox talk as well as their opinions on the new Home Run Derby format.
Let your voice be heard by calling into the show at (347) 215-7771.
You can follow Adam on Twitter at @StatsAdam and Bobby at @Bobby_K91.
Wes Goldberg and David Ramil discuss LeBron James’ decision to opt out and become a free agent, potential destinations for the four-time MVP and how this effects the Miami Heat’s plans for the offseason.
The Miami Heat beat the San Antonio Spurs Sunday night 98-96 behind a masterful performance by LeBron James. Just in case people had doubt in James' abilities physically or mentally, once again, he silenced most doubters. I'll go over the first couple games of the series and talk about Game 3 and the series going forward. Just how good are the Spurs? Should they be favored despite Miami now holding home court advantage in the series? What adjustments, if any, does Gregg Popovich's club have to make heading into Miami?
Join Host Live Chats
- Straitway (19 chatters)
- Conservative Report (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- The Portal (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (11 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (5 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (4 chatters)
- KDCL Media (4 chatters)
- NWP radio (4 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (4 chatters)
- The War Room (4 chatters)
- tiferetjournal (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- Autistic People (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (3 chatters)
- JASmius (3 chatters)
- Living Astrology (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (2 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (2 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (1 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- Dawatul Hikmah (1 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- LyricalForte (1 chatters)
- Mike Wood (1 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (1 chatters)
- Whats Your Why (0 chatters)