SORT BY Relevancy
Our June 22 10pmET show:
We talk with Frances Negrón Muntaner about a "The Latino Media Gap" study that explores the problems with U.S. media and Latino representation.
We cover the great, the bad and the ugly at World Cup 2014 with Rafael Collazo of Ray's Podcast.
Larry Lester was one of the founders of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum (NLBM) in Kansas City, Missouri, and he served as its Research Director and Treasurer for five years (1991-1995). He was instrumental in the development of the Museum's business plan and licensing program that became its primary revenue stream in the start-up years.
He left the NLBM in 1995 to start NoirTech Research, Inc., combining his expertise in research and technology to strategically track the African American experience in sports and entertainment.
Lester is co-chairman of the Jerry Malloy Negro League Conference, the only academic symposium dedicated exclusively to the examination and promotion of black baseball history. The Conference offers scholarships, library grants, and raise funds to purchase headstones for unmarked graves of players.
Lester is the author of eight books, and has written forewords to four other books. He is listed as a contributing researcher to more than 150 publications on African American history, and has served as a consultant on numerous sports documentaries with ESPN, ESPN2, PBS, CNN, et al.
More information can be found at his website: www.LarryLester42.com
The voice of Paterson N.J. is Raising The Roof with Luis Velez..
The Hispanic influence in Paterson has become such a force that they are no longer a minority, as it stands today the latino community has dominated the the population of ethnicity per square mile. The latino pride that has surfaced in and around the city is amazingly unified, an example that needs to be taught....
Luis Velez is a prime example of latino pride and we are honored to have him join us...
ITS TIME FOR YOUR FIX!
KICKIN' IT with DONNA & RO
This show, Donna Walker of The Bigg Chat teams with Romay of STEEL Magazine to talk with actor and owner of Pitchvine Productions, Larry Syid Wright.
FOLLOW #KIWDR on Facebook!
THE NEXT GUEST ON THE AUTHOR LARRY TOOMBS GOSPEL RADIO SHOW IS VICE PRESIDENT DOUG HERALD, HE IS VICE PRESIDENT OF WORNICKS FOODS AND A 20 YEARS PLUS PASTOR AND CEO OF ETERNITY AND A HUMBLE MAN WHO GENUINE DESIRES TO HELP OTHERS AND INSPIRE THEM. TUNE INTO MY GOSPEL RADIO SHOW LIVE TOMORROW TUESDAY JULY 8, @ 4PM CENTRAL. CALL MY SHOW AT 6464780999 PRESS 1 TO REACH THE HOST AND TALK LIVE WITH DOUG, MYSELF AND CO-HOST AUTHOR KENNY TAYLOR AKA DIVINE LOVE AND REGULAR CAST MEMBERS. CALL IN AND ASK ANYTHING YOU WISH.
9:30pm to 11:30pm Est. Call-in#646-716-5495 www.blogtalkradio.com/thelarryloveshow
If u would like to talk with the host, press #1 on your phone and the host will be with you shortly.
Larry Bell joins us with another unique solution that he has developed.
We upload new content daily, so check back often!
Arnulfo Hernández, Jr., is an attorney in Sacramento and co-author of a book on WW II that focuses on the men of Company E, 141st Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion, 36th Texas Division, 5th Army, who saw action in North Africa, Italy and Southern France. Company E was the only All-Chicano Company in the Army in WW II. The title of the book is, “The Toughest Chicano Fighting Soldiers in WW II!” A memorial in El Paso pays tribute to the Fallen Sons of El Paso of Company E, many of whom paid the ultimate price in the failed attempt to cross the Rapido River in southern Italy in January of 1944.
The company was based in El Paso, Texas, and the majority of its members were from Bowie High School from El Segundo Barrio in the Southside of El Paso, the same school from which Arnulfo graduated years later. Many of the men of company E left high school before graduating to answer the call of duty and serve in WW II. They serve with honor or were killed in action or went missing in action under honorable conditions while fighting the Nazi war machine bent on subjugating those not of the claimed human master Aryan Race. They fought as Americans against a racist Nazi enemy, although they were not always treated as Americans back home before, during and after the war. On July 25, 2014, a special graduation ceremony for the members of Company E will be held at Bowie High School in El Paso, Texas. High School Diplomas will be awarded to 4 survivors of Company E, all in their 90’s. Other “posthumous” High School Diplomas will be presented to widows and next of kin of Company E members. They are all entitled to receive their High School Diploma under Texas State Law.
HOLMES VS EARNIE SHAVERS I 3/25/78
HOLMES VS LEON SPINKS 6/12/81
HOLMES VS GERRY COONEY 6/11/82
Currently working on different projects dealing with immigration, specially the deportation and dividing of families.
Born in 1947 in “El Barrio,” in Arizona in an aunt’s house next to the railroad tracks. Born to one Leonila Larriva, 32, a one-armed Mexican national from Chihuahua (who had run away from PanchoVilla’s revolution), and one Young Jim Fong, 25, Chinese national from Canton, China. “Parents” never married due to ban on Chinamen marrying white women, even though Mexican women were not considered to be “very white” then. I learned early, swimming in the womb, that justice and law could often be opposing forces.
At age three was given a quarter by the “father” and taken to the movies by a half-sister and never returned. I was never to eat rice and poke at fisheyes with my chopsticks with the “father” again. “Father” was lost forever.
In coming years they wondered the border towns of Mexicali, Nogales, and Tijuana with a one-armed mother. Slept on cardboard boxes, ate from dumps. Stole whatever was not tied down. The “mother” sold her body at times because she was never very good at making tortillas to sell because of her one-arm situation. Please read poem “Awake in a Mexicali Dream” included for a view of a small child’s life on the border. “Mother” joined the “father” to be lost forever.
In 1951 he went to live in USA projects with half-sister and her husband. Started first grade at the age of eight. Met “Dick and Jane.” Was put in closet for speaking sing-song Spanish to them.
Graduated from Arizona State University. Became a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Philippines. Received his MFA, Ceramics degree from University of Hawaii.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (172 chatters)
- John Baptist (89 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (88 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (14 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (12 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (9 chatters)
- Finding Relisha Rudd Show (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (8 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (7 chatters)
- Know It All ABCs of Education (6 chatters)
- sun752 (6 chatters)
- Tarhaka (6 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (5 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (5 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (4 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (4 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (3 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- Wicce Women (3 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (3 chatters)
- The Superior Must Awaken (3 chatters)
- The Phantom Zone Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- The Truth Is Out There0 (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- AuthorJadeJones (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- Rose Chat (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (2 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Littany (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Madden Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Mathis Media Hub Radio (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Get It Out Radio (1 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (1 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (1 chatters)
- Erica Q Cooper Talk Show (1 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Red Room Radio (1 chatters)
- The BadBoy and The Doc (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (0 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (0 chatters)