SORT BY Relevancy
When President Obama pushed his health care overhaul plan through Congress, he counted labor unions among his strongest supporters. But some unions leaders have grown frustrated and angry about what they say are unexpected consequences of the new law -- problems that they say could jeopardize the health benefits offered to millions of their members. The issue could create a political headache next year for Democrats facing re-election if disgruntled union members believe the Obama administration and Congress aren't working to fix the problem. "It makes an untruth out of what the president said, that if you like your insurance, you could keep it," said Joe Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. "That is not going to be true for millions of workers now."
Back in the day, over 100 years ago, the average worker had no rights whatsoever! In some cases, a 60-72 hour a week job was commonplace. There were no Child Labor Laws. A man of 40 years of age could be working next to a child of 10 years of age. Many children barely completed six years of school. We at The Coffee Club would like to know what your views are...In today's society, what does Labor Day mean to you??? Call us at 646-595-3275; the coffee is optional.
Issue: Corporations, job creators and even some workers do not respect our labor. Who's to Blame?
Though both corporate productivity and corporate profits climb, workers' wages remain stagnant. CEO's continue to see big payouts, even during economic downturn. Corporations are being accused of wage theft. America can't even get our legislators to respect our labor through increasing the minimum wage.
However, without the productivity of the worker you don't have profits. Why don't workers get paid more for their productivity? Laborers, they get no respect.
Is the government to Blame for not raising the minimum wage?
Would a $2.00 wage increase kill business and force them into layoffs?
Do you feel that a worker's productivity is not always worth a certain wage?
Do workers even know what their labor is worth?
Today On The Boochcast, we celebrate Labor Day. We talk about the origin of Labor Day, The continued popularity of Guardians Of The Galaxy and Lets Be Cops, what went down at the Respect My Hustle Urban Festival, Recap NXT, talk to NFLExporter Lance Goodman, and Women Smuggled Stolen Watches In Vaginas.
It is time Americans take down the GOP veil of deceit and work once again to strengthen American Unions. Unions are responsible for everything good about working class Americans way of life. GOP lobbyist are responsible for everything that has contributed to the crushing of American unions. The top 1% of Americans own 42 percent of the USA. Without unions being in American history, think about what America would look like today. Our soldiers are on food stamps all across America. A lady dies in Florida because of lack of finances to purchase life saving drugs. A lady dies in New Jersey, while sleeping in her vehicle, getting rested up so she could work a second shift on her full time job. Unions are representative of workers. The union is a collective body that speaks and negotiates the wishes of workers to CEOs and politicians. Lobbyist are a collective body that speaks and negotiates the wishes of CEOs to politicians.
Without unions would USA have:
Ended child labor
40 hour work week and paid overtime
Worker's comp benefits for workers injured on the job
Unemployment insurance for workers who lose their jobs
A guaranteed minimum wage for workers
Pensions for workers
Healthcare insurance for workers
Paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays as standard benefits for most workers
the right for public sector workers to collectively bargain
Occupational Safety and Health Act
Family Medical Leave Act
Lobbyist are there for American Legislative Exchange Council, who are a body of corporations, headed up by CEOs whose goal is to develop wealth through massive unemployment of the American worker. This happens because of the GOP. GOP protects CEOs with laws to outsource US jobs, and bring in Foreign workers to do jobs, claiming Americans won't do the jobs, or can't do the jobs. Call this crap!
Join me "In the Pickle Barrel" as we tke a look at the fickled world of labor on this special day we call Labor Day. It has been a year made up of the good, the bad and the ugly as the US tries to come to terms with a fluctuating economy.
Politics has certainly played a big role in our condition. Unending issues across the oceans have added to the crazy economic times. It has indeed been a strange year.
Join me at our new time 8AM-10AM (Monday-Friday).
Special Message: In just a few days you will also be able to join me "In the Pickle Barrel" on the new FreedomReigns Network (more info to follow).
Use itunes? You are in luck! Yep, also in itunes.
WE ARE REMINDED THAT GOD WANTS US ALL TO ENTER INTO THAT REST. JESUS HAS ALREADY PAID THE PRICE FOR US ALL. ON THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY, REMIND YOURSELF TO ENTER INTO THE REST OF THE LORD... MATTHEW 11:28 REMINDS US ALL "TO COME UNTO ME ALL YE THAT ARE HEAVY LADEN ... AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST. PRAYING THAT YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY OF CHILLAXING.... WE ARE ALSO PRAYING FOR THIS UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR. WE NEED THE LORD TO CONTINUE TO BE A FENCE AROUND OUR CHILDREN OF EVERY RACE, COLOR AND CREED. WE THANK GOD IN ADVANCE.
CLICK ON AND LISTEN TO "PRAYER" THAT HAS BEEN PREPARED ESPECIALLY FOR YOU. YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!! "HAPPY LABOR DAY" NOW ENTER INTO THE SWEET "REST" OF THE LORD!
LABOR DAY-CELEBRATION...SEPT 1, 2014
Definition of LABOR...hired and paid by the day.
LABOR DAY is a holiday celebrated on the first monday in September. A celebration of the American Labor Movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of their country.
LABOR DAY, a Federal Holiday was created in 1882 to give workig indiviuals a DAY OF REST, NO SO TODAY. Most retailers still operate as normal, parades, cook-outs and shopping are a common occurrence on this holiday.
A celebration of all men and women who have dedicated their lives to defining their inqenuity, their skills, cleverness in planning an extravagant landscape.
Honored Guests, Mr. Wise, General President of IronWorkers...
Mr. Hilton, IMPACT CEO...ETC.
Mans quest for power...etc.
Ironworkers a breed unto themselves...etc.
Classic and Creative Construction...etc.
The "BOW"...the 'TOPPING OUT' ceremony...etc.
On this week’s show:
J Floyd and his daughter will talk about their relaxing Labor weekend, plus their good bad and ugly..LOL
We’ll also discuss the importance of Labor day and why to enjoy the time off ..
And as a special bonus, we’ll celebrate a very special person's birthday today, J Floyd Sr..
Listen in and relax on this wonderful Labor day..
You are hereby invited to Joyce Barrie and Friends Labor Day Celebration Party. We are joined by Kurt Fitzpatrick and his favorite celebrities. Join the festive barbeque, talk to the celebrities, have fun; just don't drink and drive! "ENJOYCE"
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (77 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (48 chatters)
- The Portal (34 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- in5d (20 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (14 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (13 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (11 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (11 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- Trek Talking (10 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (8 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (8 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (8 chatters)
- Living Astrology (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (6 chatters)
- Random Rants (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (5 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- Straitway (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- LyricalForte (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)