SORT BY Relevancy
Glenda R. Taylor is a writer, editor, poet, organization and Community development specialist, philanthropist, and cultural historian who has an extensive knowledge of American history as it relates to African-American history and culture. The author of eight books, Taylor has been featured in The New York Times for her exhibits on American history and culture and in 2010, she was selected by the New York Daily News as one of America’s Great People.
African American women are losing their hair at alarming rates. Black women's scalps have been characterized as a "chemical wastelands."
Our guest work with The Healthy Hair Project™ (HHP). HHP aims to fight hair loss, create safer technology and re-grow the hair of 1 million African-American women through their “Green Sciences.” They recently met with members of the Congressional Black Caucus to discuss the hair loss epidemic, working to impact federal changes in regulation.
Kimberly Weekes is a senior fundraising professional with over 20-years experience in philanthropy, human service management and "Go-Green" sustainability. She serves as HEALTHY HAIR PROJECT CEO - Project Coordinator, as well as, East Coast Division Consultant of Elijah's Blessing Community Service of Baltimore, MD.
Additionally, Cristina Williamson is Blogger and Coordinator for HHP Donate A Hair Story Program. HHP is collecting 1000 hair loss stories to tell OUR stories from OUR perspective.
The ladies will focus on the results of HHP's ground-breaking research and the heartbreaking outcome in terms of chemically induced hair-loss, disease and deaths.
Join us: Monday, October 28, 2013 | 12:30PM | Call-In: (917) 889-8070 | Listen Online: http://ow.ly/q7q1v
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thurs. Oct. 31st, 8pm-11pm EST as we discuss, the essons learned from TLC Documentary “Crazy, Sexy, Cool”. @TheAHNShow #TheAHNShow
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/462748530449218/#
1 Hour – Did you see the movie about R&B/Hip-Hop Group TLC, “Crazy, Sexy, Cool” on VH1? They talked about their terrible contract they had and how they went bankrupt even though they sold 10 million albums? We’ll also share an article from Rapper/Actor/Producer David Banner which gives money advice to aspiring entertainers.
2nd Hour – 10 Ways We Know The Ancient Egyptians Were Black
3rd Hour – Also recent article discussed how most European-Americans (White People) think that African-Americans are better off financially than they actually are.
Detroit: Friday, Nov. 1st - Sunday, Nov. 3rd Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show is doing 3 lectures in the Detroit area. All of them are FREE - Donations will be accepted. The African History Network will have DVDs on Sale. PLEASE bring the youth. If they don't show up it's because you didn't bring them. This message will Empower and transform them. Visit http://tinyurl.com/k2vfa8e for more details.
Listen to The African History Network Show Thursday, 8pm - 11pm EST at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TheAfricanHistoryNetworkShow or visit www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
Weekly we address PANDEMICS that have infiltrated the land.
IF 2 1/2 TIMES MORE AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN ARE LIKELY TO BE KILLED THAN WHITE WOMEN BY THEIR PARTNERS, WHY DOES THERE SEEM TO BE SUCH A "SILENCE" IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY? WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT?
Join Rory and Sheila for a candid conversation with Dr John Jackson to discuss the study of the African American male and Shawn Dove, campaign manager for Open society, a program for Black Male Achievement. This is a show you don't want to miss!
8:30 PM Eastern Time Patrick Interviews Actor ANTHONY L. GURINO
ITALIAN-AMERICAN ACTOR ANTHONY L. GURINO TAKES ON ANOTHER ROLE OF HELPING IMPROVE THE LIVES OF CHILDREN WITH HIS FOUNDATION “DAD’S AWAY”
With more than a dozen acting credits to his name, it certainly can’t be denied that Italian-American actor, Anthony L. Gurino isn’t new to the industry. Born and raised in Howard Beach, NY, Gurino is a Meisner-trained actor and has studied at a number of highly-regarded programs in both New York City and Los Angeles, including the Esper Studio, Actors Alliance, New York Film Academy, and with the highly-respected acting coach, James Brill at the Legendary Neighborhood Playhouse.
This program is hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire.
Will The Shortage of Available African American Men Force African American Women To Marry Men Of Oth
What used to be undercover is now out in the open - men of other ethnic groups desire black women. Is the idea of marrying only within one's "race" obsolete? If so, with the shortage of available African American men, will African American women be forced to broaden their choices? With high profile men such as the former Mayor Richard M. Daley dating a younger, attractive African American woman, Dr. Adele Cobbs, perhaps other women will consider other options. How will African American men respond if particularly the successful African American women no longer seek them out as potential mates? What social impact could this have? Is this a step toward progress and a less "racially divided" society?
This week's "Gift from the Elders to the Next Generation" series, is hosted by NCEBC Queen Mother, Dr. Adelaide Sanford and will feature a lively and parent-empowering conversation with Dr. Sharon Washington.
All NCEBC Stakeholders should please plan to join us for this live discussion.
Dr. Sharon Washington is an education anthropologist and the founder of Anthropologi Educational Research and Development, an international firm created to bring “education” back to schools. She is also the author of The Educational Contract, which tackles the difficult job of explaining why so many African American students do so poorly in school by peeling back the layers of why their parents let them, and explaining how the 1954 US Supreme Court case Brown, which was intended to bring equality to education, actually has contributed to the phenomenon. The Educational Contract calls for a deep spiritual work in our public educational system and calls for parents to lead that movement—a movement in the practice of freedom and participation in the transformation of our world.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (457 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (57 chatters)
- NTEB (27 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (22 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (20 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (19 chatters)
- TimBinnall (19 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (18 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- New Colony Network (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (15 chatters)
- RCRadio (14 chatters)
- Curious Times (14 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (13 chatters)
- Love Productions (12 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (12 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (11 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (11 chatters)
- Walking in Energy (10 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (9 chatters)
- Tribe Radio (9 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Americas Most Haunted (8 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (8 chatters)
- Jay King Network (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (8 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (8 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (7 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (7 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (7 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (7 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (7 chatters)
- Cubanarama (7 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (6 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (6 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (6 chatters)
- Talk2Q (5 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (5 chatters)
- dtm wicked (4 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- Universal Black Improvement Radio (4 chatters)
- Walk in the Darkness (3 chatters)
- The Annoying Peasants (3 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (3 chatters)
- AACONS (3 chatters)
- Immortals Beyond the Illusion (3 chatters)
- drinkfive Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- mashahba (3 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Suite Radio Broadcast (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- MoodSwings (2 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (2 chatters)
- Roxx Radio (2 chatters)
- Rykers Underground0 (2 chatters)
- Dial In Channel Up (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- 1YAHFearingMan EstX1969 (2 chatters)
- BGERZY N SUKI SUK SHOW (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- Chris and Duane (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- TEAM Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (2 chatters)
- Vittles and Voices Radio (2 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (1 chatters)
- The Lucid Dreamer Show (1 chatters)
- CarltonBurgess (1 chatters)
- churchboi (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- BeardsG3 (1 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (1 chatters)
- JIMMY LEE (1 chatters)
- Howling Wolfs Raido (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- Stupid America0 (1 chatters)
- PWP Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Music Art and Comedy Show (1 chatters)
- MMAPowerTalk Radio (1 chatters)
- KDCL Media (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (0 chatters)
- Word of Love and Faith (0 chatters)