SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Today we are discussing the 14 Mindfulness Trainings of the Order of Interbeing - founded by Thich Nhat Hanh - Part 2. On Saturday we practice as a community, sharing ideas, experiences, and wisdom. It is fine just to listen in as well. You can join us in conversation or share in the chat room. Not only are we mindful of our breathing but we are also mindful of our speech and actions.
in Self Help
Practicing in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh on Thursday we will focus on looking deeply and listening deeply. Today we are looking at the 14 Mindfulness Trainings of the Order of Interbeing - founded by THich Nhat Hanh.
in Self Help
On Saturday we practice as a community, sharing ideas, experiences, and wisdom. It is fine just to listen in as well. You can join us in conversation or share in the chat room. Not only are we mindful of our breathing but we are also mindful of our speech and actions. Today we are dicussing the 14 Mindfulness Trainings of the Order of Interbeing - Part 1
in Self Help
Mindfulness is a term that you frequently hear. Focus, being in the moment, Zen, being in the flow--all of these refer to the concept of mindfulness. Eckhard Tolle's groundbreaking book, "The Power of Now", was centered around getting into that state. But how do you do it? How do you get there? It's not as easy as it sounds! The good news is that you don't have to go to an ashram in Nepal to study the techniques from monks. We'll talk about them tonight!
Living a Fertile Life: Experiencing the Path of Mindfulness retreat will provide a week long experience in learning the theory and application of mindfulness as it applies to: managing stress, improving brain function, cultivating mindfulness-oriented meditation for stress reduction, mindful movement techniques to deepen the mind-body connection, mindful communication techniques to strengthen relationships, utilizing mindfulness to enhance problem solving abilities and exploring mindfulness as a practice to improve physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
The retreat will offer 2 hours of daily learning content for 6 consecutive days taught by Helen Adrienne, LCSW. Larry Cammarata, Ph.D. will provide an additional 1.25 hours of daily learning content for 7 consecutive days. This is a total of 20 hours, 45 minutes of learning content for the participants during the 7 nights, 8-day retreat.
Doctors of the USA welcomes Debra E. Burdick, LCSWR, BCN, a licensed clinical social worker, board certified Neurofeedback practitioner, and author of four books about her Holistic Approach to Success with ADHD, to talk about mindfulness and how to incorporate mindfulness into our daily lives. Listen in as she shares with us the many benefits including improved concentration, a sense of overall well-being, and, a better regulated stress response. Listeners are assured of improved moods, concentration, sleep, and success in school, at work, and in relationships.
Debra is a licensed clinical social worker, board certified Neurofeedback practitioner, and online expert at SelfGrowth.com, located in Washingtonville, NY and Estero, FL. She helps people improve their lives using psychotherapy, Neurofeedback and Mindfulness. A frequent speaker for CMI/PESI and other organizations, she teaches workshops on Mindfulness Skills as well as ADHD to psychotherapists, teachers and other helping professionals, nationally. Mindfulness training for business leaders and executives is another of her passions.
Debra’s most recent book, published in 2013 by CMI/PESI, is titled Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients. 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities and Worksheets. Her CDs help with ADHD, sleep, and mindfulness.
To connect with Deb and to receive 2 free special reports and access to a wealth of free resources about mindfulness, ADHD, depression, anxiety, treatment options, brain health and more, visit The Brain Lady website.
Follow her on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Visit our Doctors of the USA website.
in Self Help
Frank Ostaseski is a Buddhist teacher, international lecturer and a leading voice in end-of-life care. In 1987, he co-founded of the Zen Hospice Project, the first Buddhist hospice in America. In 2004, he created the Metta Institute to provide innovative educational programs and professional trainings that foster compassionate, mindfulness-based care. Frank’s groundbreaking work has been widely featured in the media, including the Bill Moyers television series On Our Own Terms, the PBS series With Eyes Open, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and in numerous print publications. AARP magazine named him one of America's 50 most innovative people. In 2001, he was honored by the Dalai Lama for his many years of compassionate service to the dying and their families. He is the author of the Being a Compassionate Companion audio series. For more info: www.mettainstitute.org
Like America Meditating on Facebook
ADHD! Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder! Wise Woman, have you been diagnosed? Do you know someone who has? Come listen to this ReWind and RePlay on The Sharon McWilliams Show with Paula Borsody, an ADHD coach who uses a softer side for the ADHD wise woman: Mindfulness and Meditation!
Paula Borsody is an excellent ADHD guide, a compassionate life coach with certification and experience in the field of ADHD. For contact, check her out on Facebook and LinkedIn. Join us Monday evening for this special relisten! There is great wisdom shared here!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (473 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (175 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (79 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (49 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (46 chatters)
- KDCL Media (24 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (22 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (18 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (15 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (13 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (12 chatters)
- Puter Shack (12 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (11 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (10 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Omega Man (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (8 chatters)
- dtm radio (8 chatters)
- FRNARadio (8 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (7 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- Army Wife Network (7 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (6 chatters)
- MCR Media Sports Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- BioXIndividualized Medicine (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- Kraze Radio (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- Straitway (3 chatters)
- The hour of truth0 (3 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (3 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (2 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD BLOG (2 chatters)
- bapnation (2 chatters)
- Become The Source (2 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Mayhem Zone (2 chatters)
- Timothy Burns (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Wellness Smart Radio (1 chatters)
- VertiKal Bistro (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- SarahandSophia (1 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Talk 2 Me Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- BlazinRy Radio (1 chatters)
- DOT COM RADIO1 (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (0 chatters)
- Current Trials and HLN (0 chatters)