SORT BY Relevancy
Often times we take for granted just how important technology literacy is in our personal, professional and academic lives. For example, I am a diabetic and therefore it is very important for me to monitor my glucose levels; I use Microsoft Excel to track my glucose readings, the times at which I take my glucose readings, the food that I have eaten that day and I also track the highs, lows and averages for the week. I even have charts and graphs to display trends in a pictorial way. Tracking this information allows me to make any necessary changes to my diet, exercise routine and the occasional treat - a piece of "real" lemon cake (not sugar free). That is just one of many ways that I use technology to help me on a personal level. It is only through knowing about Microsoft Excel and spreadsheets that I would have known to use this program to help me with my health.
Listen in to learn more about the different Microsoft Office Suite applications (that you probably already have on your computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone) and some of the ways you can use them personally, professionally and academically.
Wouldn't it be an incredible if your feelings of depression could be explained as a biochemical issue; not an emotional weakness. Science has proven that emotions can be created and managed using nutrients and other biochemicals that can be identified using BioAcoustic software. Is anything stressing you?
Join us on our next Happy Hour as we evaluate the vocal frequencies of listener volunteers in terms of the biochemistry that keeps us happy and balanced.
The first step toward biochemical harmony for those who want to create optimal function for their lives; an informative lesson for those who want to increase their foundation of BioAcoustic Biology and Sound Health
Sound Health Options
Dr Rich Long on Making Literacy work for All
The July 3, 2014 issue of Rolling Stone features an incredibly compelling article by former Vice President Al Gore. Entitled, "The Turning Point," Mr. Gore stresses we will ultimately prevail over climate change...but that irreversible serious damage is taking place.
Stating there is a climate change "tunnel" and we are "well into it," Mr. Gore urges us to "put a price on climate denial in our politics." He discusses major economic trends in the climate change battle. In this show, we go one step beyond the Rolling Stone article...With regard to rising seas, I discuss how society also needs to put a value on responsible financial preparedness to protect the millions in harm's way as the oceans grow. Call it Sea Level Rise Financial Literacy.
Join host Mitch Chester for a short, but compelling look at how your level of financial understanding can get you, your family and your community, ready for the consequences of sea level rise.
Join Dr. Cherilyn Lee, co-host Karlynn Cammon and special guest Dr. Jeffrey Benton as they discuss the New Trauma Release Technique™ that releases aches and pains from the cellular level of the body. Dr. Benton uses advanced chiropractic techniques which include Applied Kinesiology and Neuro-Emotional Technique to heal the body. He locates, identifies, and removes the underlying cause of your pain. As a result, he reconnects the body to the creative life force, resulting in optimal function.
THEY SAY WOMAN ARE MORE EMOTIONAL THEN MEN BUT IS IT TRUE?
Emotional intelligence can be defined as the ability to monitor one's own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior.
This week on Talk-N-Angels Radio Show, we invite Dr. Stephen Oliver to join us to talk about emotional intelligence, for it is gaining popularity in the business world as a measure of intelligence that can be considered equally important and sometimes more important than IQ. But what is really intriguing is the idea that the use of "gut instinct" is brought into this conversation, and as we always talk about on this show, listening to your gut is using your intuition.
Has intuition found its way into mainstream academia? How do you know your level of emotional intelligence? We'll find out this and more on Wednesday, 7/9/14 at 7 pm right here on Talk-N-Angels Radio Show.
Dr. Stephen Oliver is one of this area's most respected Human Resources, organizational development and training professionals. An academic with a broad range of consulting, training and teaching experience, he engages with students and leaders in Corporate America and has earned high praise as an active facilitator, motivating coach and dedicated mentor.
Through his management consultancy HRCVision, Stephen works with organizations as a Leadership and training consultant focusing in the areas of critical thinking, strategic planning, leadership development, emotional intelligence, and diversity in the workplace.
For more information about Stephen and his consultancy, HRCVision, please visit his website at hrcvision.com
Join the Young Media Critics on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, 5 p.m. EST, as they talk with Frank W. Baker, media literacy education consultant and author about the importance of medial literacy education to children, parents and other concerned adults who work with young people.
Frank W. Baker is a media literacy education consultant and the author of three books, including Media Literacy In the K-12 Classroom (ISTE, 2012). He contributed two chapters to Mastering Media Literacy (Solution Tree, 2014). In November 2013, Frank was a co-recipient of the National Telemedia Council‘s annual Jessie McCanse Award given for individual contributions to the field of media literacy over at least 10 years. Follow him on Twitter @fbaker.
Kids A to Z strives to empower parents and set children up for success. The show addresses the areas of development (i.e., physical, intellectual, social-emotional, emotional, and moral), how they influence each other, and how to best foster them. Topics such as the effects of TV on the brain, how physical activity benefits cognition, and the benefits of bilingualism are just a few themes.
Early childhood experiences are critical. They set the foundation for skills across the lifespan. Specialists find parents often lack fundamental knowledge or receive misinformation. There are also alarming trends of decreased science and math scores and increased numbers of obese and special needs children in the US. Kids A to Z provides parents with information and ideas to enable all children to thrive. The developmental range for the show is birth to five years. Parents, grandparents, and related professionals in childcare are all part of the target audience.
"Brains in Toyland" are what children are. In this segment, Dr. T interviews a child development professional, such as a psychologist or physical therapist, to provide expert information so caregivers know what they need to foster and how. Children learn and grow through play. In the next "All-Star Play Room" segment, Dr. T interviews a guest who offers a child-centered product or service, such as piano teacher or a tae kwon do instructor, to suggest ideas for toys and activities that foster development. In the final "Ask Dr. T" segment, Dr. T and her professional guests meet with parents and children who engage in activities related to the topic of the day. The professionals also field questions from the audience and share case studies answering questions caregivers may not know or feel confident enough to ask.
Thanks for tuning in.
Up to 35 million kids between the ages of 5-18 are playing organized sports and the trend continues towards kids beginning at even earlier ages.
More than 3.5 million children under age 14 receive medical treatment for sports injuries annually and according to the Centre of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) more than half of all sports injuries are preventable.
Kids are not always receiving proper training or coaching. Only one of every five coaches, with teams under age 14, say they have been trained in motivational techniques. Just one of every three are trained in skills related to the primary sport they coach.
The National Youth Sports Health & Safety Institute is becoming the recognized leadership and advocacy group with the latest research and evidence-based education, recommendations and policies to enhance the experience, development, health and safety for youth in sports.
Dr. Bergeron of the NYSHSI joins us at BEYONDtheCheers on Wednesday,June 4th at 7PM EST. Listen to a repeat broadcast each Friday at NOON on AMFM247. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448. Ask a question, or email in advance. BtC is on the air any time → via iTunes Radio on any iPhone, iPad or on iTunes.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (383 chatters)
- John Baptist (101 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (20 chatters)
- Hex Education (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (18 chatters)
- canadianglen (16 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (16 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (15 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (13 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (12 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (11 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (11 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (10 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- 12kyle (8 chatters)
- Dave in the City (8 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- Quagmire America (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (6 chatters)
- Americas Most Haunted (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- angelicar (4 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- The Stack Off (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- illblogradio (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (3 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Love Productions (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (2 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- Wicked Space Radio (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- The Versus Podcast (1 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- That Nerd Show (1 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (1 chatters)
- The Dr Kim Show (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (0 chatters)