SORT BY Relevancy
This show will be highlighted with an interview with KevinMD, arguably, who has the most influential blog/website in the medical blogosphere at KevinMD.com. He will be talking at the Texas Medical Association meeting on Jan 29, 2011. I'll also be talking about what's going to be happening to the Doctor Anonymous Show on BlogTalkRadio. Finally, I'll be giving a tip of the hat to a long time BTR show who will be finding a new home at the end of this month...
Michael Zhuang is founder and principal of MZ Capital, a fee-only registered investment advisor firm located in the Greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
Michael earned dual Master Degrees in Mathematics and Quantitative Finance from Carnegie Mellon University. He was also a PhD candidate for Financial Economics. After completing all training and exams, he decided his true calling is not in academia. The PhD training taught him how to think rigorously and research thoroughly.
From 1999 to 2000, Michael worked as a financial engineer for Societe Generale, the biggest French banking group.
From 2000 to 2003, Michael was hired by PG&E National Energy Group to launch their weather derivatives trading business. Within 2 years, he became one of the top 3 traders in the field. Nevertheless, he saw first hand the crooked ways of the financial industry where everything goes to make a buck. That experience motivated him to launch MZ Capital.
Michael is active in the community. He twice sponsored Melodic Impact, a musical fundraiser for kids with cancer. He volunteered as an instructor for Toastmasters International's Youth Leadership Program. He was on the board of Special Love, Inc., a non-profit devoted to kids suffering from cancer. Recently, he also completed Leadership Montgomery.
Michael's investment approach is based on the Nobel Prize winning research of Eugene Fama. He is also deeply influenced by three people: Warren Buffet on value-orientation and patience, David Swensen on multi-asset-class investing and decision framework, and John Bogle on minimization of costs for clients and stewardship of clients' money.
Michael is a regular contributor to Morningstar and Physicians Practice. He also blogs at The Investment Scientist and KevinMD
Tune in and hear Kevin Pho, MD discuss why social media is important in health care. Kevin received his medical degree and completed residency at Boston University School of Medicine and is a member of the 2010 class of New Hampshire’s 40 Under Forty, recognizing the state’s emerging leaders. He is board certified in internal medicine and practices primary care in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Dr. Kevin is a blogger, and participates on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn facilitates his own group. KevinMD.com is the web’s leading destination for provocative physician commentary on breaking medical news.
The Wall Street Journal calls KevinMD.com a “punchy, prolific blog that chronicles America’s often dysfunctional health care system through the prism of a primary care provider,” while others have noted that “a lively comment stream on one of Kevin Pho’s posts provides more insight on the day-to-day realities of health care than any piece of journalism can ever hope to impart.”
Forbes.com hailed KevinMD.com as a “must-read blog,” and CNN.com named @KevinMD as one of its five recommended health care Twitter feeds.
Voted the best medical blog of 2008, KevinMD.com is the web’s most influential health care social platform, with over 47,000 RSS subscribers and 40,000 followers on Facebook and Twitter.
Rise Of The Patient Talk Show continues this year, 2013!
We are entering the segment: Socializing Health care and informaiton
In this episode I interview Dr. Kevin Pho!
Dr. Kevin Pho is a board-certified internal medicine physician and founder of KevinMD.com, which Forbes called a “must-read health blog.” Klout named him the web’s top social media influencer in health care and medicine, and CNN named @KevinMD one of its five recommended Twitter health feeds.
He is also co-author of the book, “Establishing, Managing, and Protecting Your Online Reputation: A Social Media Guide for Physicians and Medical Practices.”
Transforming his social media presence into a mainstream media voice, he has been interviewed on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, and his commentary regularly appears in USA Today, where he is a member of their editorial Board of Contributors, as well as CNN and the New York Times.
Social Media is not coming to healthcare, it's already here. Social Media is changing healthcare conversations and will be integral in driving innovation in 2013. Dr. Kevin Pho is highly recognized as an early adopter to social media, trusted influencer and convener of thought leadership in the healthcare industry. Please join me and Symplur co-founder, Tom Lee as we inteview Dr. Kevin on the many shades of social media in healthcare. Dr. Kevin is cited by major media, including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times,Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, FoxNews.com, British Medical Journal, SmartMoney Magazine, Detroit Free Press, Forbes.com, NPR, CNN.com,Newsweek, TIME.com, Chicago Sun-Times, Boston Globe, Indianapolis Star, AOL News, and American Medical News. Join us as we put Dr. Kevin in the hotseat!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (446 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (70 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (34 chatters)
- Ms Blue (32 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (26 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (22 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (22 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (21 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (13 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (10 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (10 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (6 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (6 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (5 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- I AM SUPERWOMAN RADIO (4 chatters)
- WARRIORS IN CHRIST (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (3 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (3 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- Unseen World (2 chatters)
- TheWriteStuff (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- The Astrology Tarot Show (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LJT Radio (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Sex Energy Goddess13 (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (0 chatters)