SORT BY Relevancy
This will be our first radio show on Blog Talk radio. We are so excited. On this show we will talk about the Campaign for Youth Justice, our mission, and ways that you can get involved. We'll also discuss an important hearing on proposed legislation in Washington, D.C. that will remove young people from DC Jail and put them in a facility of their own. We'll be joined by Liz Ryan, President and CEO of the Campaign. Please make sure you call in with your questions and comments.
JUSTICE: Restoring balance. In our last two shows we have spoken about editing out that which no longer serves or enhances your life, and protecting yourself from distractions and detractors. This week we go further, exploring ways to counteract those who would try to block you or force you onto a path you do not desire. The detractors, the malefactors, the controllers—all are fair game. The Sorceress will perform a ritual to enable you take control of any situation and eliminate the influence of those who would try to dominate you.
Please visit our website at darkmattersradiocagliastro.com for more information on us and our work, and to listen to archived episodes of the show as well as replays of the "Sorcery ih the Moment" segments, rituals performed by the Sorceress for the benefit of the listeners.
To contact us, you can write us at the following email addresses:
The Sorceress: email@example.com
Chris Rogue Ostrowski: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victor "The Voice" Furhman: email@example.com
Morgan St. Knight: firstname.lastname@example.org
A commonly accepted definition of Justice is that it is a moral standard of all men to one another requiring them to perform their social and moral as well as legal obligations to each other and to grant to each other all that fairly be granted.
The importance and significance of justice can never be underestimated in the affairs of men. This is so because according to Pope Pius XII, just as, in fact, there can be no peace without order so there can be no order without justice.”
Verily, justice occupies the highest place in the hierarchy of human values. Under the Old Testament particularly in the Book of Micah, the teachings of the prophets of Israel were summarized into one verse only: “to do justice; to show constant love and to live in humble fellowship with God.”
Actually, justice is synonymous with righteousness in the sense that what is righteous is just and what is just is righteous.
Indeed, it is important to be just for according to Confucius “heaven gives long and good life to the just.” His statement finds strong support in two biblical passages, to wit:
“Righteous men – men of integrity – will live in this land of ours. But God will snatch wicked men from the land and pull sinners out of it like plants from the ground.” (Proverbs 2:21-22)
“The Lord puts a curse on the house of wicked men and blesses the homes of the righteous.” (Proverbs 3:33
Tonight we will discuss the Criminal Justice System and why it is not working for black people. We will also discuss a case here in Inkster, Michigan concerning the beating of a 57yo African American Male below:
Fighting back tears, a Detroit man and longtime auto worker with no criminal history, described how Inkster police officers dragged him from his car one night in January, choked him, beat him and Tasered him during a traffic stop that was caught on patrol car video.
"He was beating me upside the head," Floyd Dent, 57, told a horde of reporters and TV crews during a press conference at his attorney's office Wednesday afternoon, as tears trickled his cheeks. "I was trying to protect my face with my right arm. I heard one of them say, 'tase the M...F. '"
The Jan. 28 incident was caught on police video cameras and is making national news. It shows Inkster police pulling over Dent in his 2011 tan Cadillac near South River Park Drive and Inkster Drive shortly before 10 p.m. The two officers approach with their guns drawn. As Dent opens the door, they pull him out and shove him to the ground. Dent does not appear in the video to be resisting arrest.
1. In the News 2. Joan Biskupic talked about her life and her career covering the Supreme Court. She also responded to viewer questions and comments. Ms. Biskupic is the author of three biographies: Sandra Day O’Connor,American Original: The Life and Constitution of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, and Breaking In: The Rise of Sonia Sotomayor and the Politics of Justice 3. Book Talk
The juvenile justice and criminal justice systems ensnare far too many black and brown boys and men. Increasingly, women are caught in this dangerous web too. On this episode of Know-It-All, we are exploring the contours of some of the barriers to mental health and developmental wellness for communities of color that can lead to mass incarceration.
Dr. Troy Waller is a licensed professional counselor with 15 years of counseling experience. He explains the implications of the breaks in various systems - education, criminal justice, and health care - that keep those systems from adequately protecting and serving black and brown people. He'll share his insights about how these systemic failures manifest and show up in the lives of adults, no matter their socioeconomic status.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and founder of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which creates education equity plans and promotes equity in education in compliance with federal civil rights law.
Juvenile Life Without Parole PT. 2
MILLER v. Alabama
JACKSON v. State
Defining Shepardizing - Old school, New school Same Rules
News that Matters The Dea privileges of Many
Cases-in-law So many case included. Why are they important?
Prisoner's Perspective – First steps in fighting your case by Gerald Cashwell
Virtual Siteseeing Tour Bus goes to: How To Shepadize website and the National Organization of Victims of Juvenile Lifers (NOVJL),
UN - RIDDLE – The Brennan Center for Justice - What caused the Crime Decline?
Inclosing - #n2codes
Preview - Mindset Management Monday presents Lives in Lay-Away
Ms. Taylor, a children's advocate from Memphis, Tennessee, will be our special guest. Call in at (818)572.2947. The Memphis Shelby County Jail continues to violate citizens' rights 12 years after the secret arrest and wrongful death of Larry Neal, this station director's mentally, physically disabled brother who was murdered there on August 1, 2003. Children incarcerated in the jail as adults suffered neglect and brutality. The U.S. Department of Justice investigated and found the jail at fault. It entered an Agreement with the jail. Yet Memphis officials refused to issue a resolution supporting the United Nations' Declaration of the Rights of a Child when Ms. Taylor made that simple request.
Investigative Findings on Juvenile Court
USDOJ Investigative Report
The memorandum of agreement between DOJ and Shelby County Gov
Cassidy McMillan is an award-winning Filmmaker, Actress, Speaker and Media Contributor. Her current film which she Directed/Produced/Wrote, is the award-winning Documentary Film on bullying and precedent setting bullycide court case, Bullies And Friends, which is being prepped for worldwide release with a global distribution company. For the Documentary, Cassidy worked with educators, parents, students, counselors, government leaders, and law enforcement and judicial officials. Due to her work and research, Cassidy is a recognized Expert, Speaker and Consultant on bullying prevention, relational aggression, and legal issues regarding youth bullying and the juvenile justice system. Cassidy's a Member of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, (SAG-AFTRA), and acts in TV, Film, Theater, Commercials, Voice-Overs. She's worked on projects for Showtime, NBC, Warner Bros., AMC Network, ABC, Discovery, etc. She helms McMillan FilmWorks, Ltd an independent film company in California which works to produce projects on causes and issues affecting our world including Social Justice, Animal Rights, Bullying, Environment. Visit http://www.cassidymcmillan.com/#!gallery/c2143 to learn more about Cassidy and her film work.
Join Host Live Chats
- War on the Horizon Live (28 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (18 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (15 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (12 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (12 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (12 chatters)
- Bill Murray (11 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (7 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (5 chatters)
- Northern Wellness (5 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- Bellesprit (4 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (3 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- TIS Network (2 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (2 chatters)
- The Initiative Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Picks Place Radio Hour (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- SSRN (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (2 chatters)
- Big D Darryl B (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Euphoric Network (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- Melanin on the rise (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (0 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (0 chatters)