SORT BY Relevancy
Micheal’s guest this week will be Susie Wilson, who will be discussing “Aging & Sexuality”.
Susie Wilson is a state and national leader in the fight for effective sexuality/family life education and prevention of adolescent pregnancy, Susie planned and managed the operations of a resource, advocacy and technical assistance organization committed to improving sexuality education programs in public schools and community agencies. She served for 23 years as the executive coordinator of the Network for Family Life Education (since renamed Answer) at Rutgers University’s Center for Applied and Professional Psychology.
Micheal Pope is the Executive Director and CEO of ASEB (Alzheimer Services of the East Bay). She has worked with seniors for 20 years following the philosophy that aging is simply part of our life’s journey. The sacredness of this journey will be the topic of the broadcast, and should stimulate a lively discussion.
Ms. Pope’s first guests will include:
Frances Kakugawa--former caregiver for her mother who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. She is a poet and author of 7 books, including the popular series of children’s books featuring Wordsworth, a mouse with memory loss who writes poetry.
Lydia Missaelides--Executive Director of California Association for Adult Day Services (CAADS), which supports the development of adult day services as an alternative to institutional care. Governed by an 18-member Board of Directors, CAADS is a membership-based association supported by dues, grants, and educational activities.
Frederik Verbogen--Former international ASEB intern from the Collabriv organization. Frederik grew up in a town close to Bruges (a dementia-friendly community in Belgium) and he will share insight based on this experience.
‘ Life is a Sacred Journey ’ is on the rise. Don’t get left behind!
This week's topic is ' The Benefits of Technology For Seniors.' The show airs on Thursday, October 17 at 5 PM.
Our two guests are Linda Simpson and Valerie Steinmetz. Linda Simpson works with It’s Never Too Late, a company that has been highlighted by the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, National Public Radio and other smaller media outlets. Described as; "Innovative, today — tomorrow, it will be demanded."
Valerie Steinmetz is with the Center for Technology and Aging whose mission to improve the independence of older adults dealing with chronic health care issues by promoting the adaption and diffusion of beneficial technologies.
Tune in to 'Life is a Sacred Journey' next Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 05:00 pm. Micheal Pope's guests will be Sheri Hartman and Lauren Eppinger, who will be discussing their new roles as navigators for ASEB’s Family Support Program. ASEB’s Family Support Program offers a comprehensive “care management” resource to help families devise a long-term care plan tailored to meet the personal needs of their families.
Sheri Hartman has been in practice as a geriatric social worker, consultant, counselor and care manager for over 15 years. Having obtained an undergraduate degree in Women’s Studies from San Francisco State University, Sheri received a Masters in Social Work (MSW) from California State University, Fresno, in 1990 with an emphasis on clinical practice. She became a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in California in 1995. Sheri has worked with such varied organizations as the Institute on Aging in San Francisco, Senior Alternatives in Oakland and Jewish Family and Children’s Services of the East Bay in Berkeley.
Lauren Eppinger earned her bachelor’s degree from University of Colorado and her MSW from University of Denver. Lauren is an LCSW in the sate of California. Lauren started her post-graduate career over ten years ago at Alzheimer’s Services of the East Bay (ASEB) in Berkeley. Lauren served as ASEB’s Social Worker and Program Director for ASEB’s Berkeley Adult Day Health Care center. Lauren has worked as Medical Social Worker at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and as a Care Manager for Santa Cruz County’s Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP). Lauren is proud of her role in social work, whose core values include social justice, integrity, dignity, and worth of the person.
Tune in to 'Life is a Sacred Journey' this Thursday at 05:00 pm! Micheal Pope and her guests celebrate National Grandparents Day!
This week’s guests will be Marion DePuit who is grandmother of five girls age 5 to 10 years old. She is an accomplished health professional who is providing health education to patients and novice nurses at bedside, in the classroom, hospital, community, and in formal academic settings. Her primary professional work for the last sixteen years has focused on educating and mentoring faith community nurses, and lay leaders in health ministry in faith communities in the San Francisco Bay area.
Dora Rivers will be the second guest on Thursday’s show. Dora Rivers has been working with ASEB for several years and she is also grandmother.
The third guest will be Jacob Schonfield. Mr. Schonfield was born in London. He grew up in a Jewish household and attended a Jewish Day School started by his father. In 1947 at the age of 20 he moved to the United States through a scholarship to study at the Yeshiva College in New York. He graduated with a BA major in Psychology. Today, he is the proud grandfather of two beautiful grandchildren; Rabecca and Theo. his son will be getting married this next Saturday.
This show also will be dedicated to Desiree Rene Owens, who died peacefully surrounded by family and friends who loved her, and her spouse and soul mate, Leslie Ross, on August 18, 2013 at 12:50am. Desi worked in a variety of settings including community mental health centers, a range of long-term care settings, adult day health care programs, community health clinics, and academic settings. Her select areas of interest included: aging and the arts, Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, caregiving, death and dying, healthcare among underserved communities, long-term care, and mental health issues.
Second Chances. They are given to each of us everyday in our relationships, careers, health--you name it and your second chance is waiting for you.
Sherry Pierce and Beth Brownlee, certified life coaches, will be discussing your Second Chances in life. These oppportunites present themselves daily and there is no better time to receive them than today. Please join Sherry and Beth as they talk about Trust Your Journey Through your 2nd Chances in Life.
TRUST – An incredible word that shows strength, faith and hope.
YOUR – It is all about you. Individual and Unique. There are no two journeys alike.
JOURNEY – It’s about life. There are many ways to get to that one truth--that one destination.
Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
Tune in to 'Life is a Sacred Journey’ on October 3, 2013 Thursday at 05:00 pm! Micheal Pope's guest will be Assembly Woman Nancy Skinner.
Assembly Woman Nancy Skinner, who was elected to the Assembly in 2008, represents The 15 Assembly District incorporating the East Bay communities that stretch along the I-80 corridor from Hercules to Oakland. Assembly member Skinner serves as Chair of the Assembly Budget Committee, where she presides over the Assembly's annual budget process that determines the expenditures of the state for the upcoming fiscal year. Skinner formerly served as Chair of the Assembly Rules Committee and Chair of the Assembly Natural Resources Committee.
How do you prepare for all the transitions of life? Whether it is a change in your marital status, the death of a loved one, or going through and extreme emotional crisis? How do you make these transitions and still be able to thrive during the process? Join us as we talk with two women who have two different approaches that help with the many transitions in life.
Carole Ann Drick, RN, PhD, TNS, TNSCP has a passion for quality of life which began as an early advocate for natural childbirth and now as a focus on death with dignity. The underlying thread is her work in shifting consciousness. She is a leader in holistic nursing and presently the Director of Conscious Awareness Inc. in Austintown, OH. Her latest book is “Golden Room: A Practical Guide for Death With Dignity”
Rebecca L. Norrington is a student of the Universe and IT’s Laws. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology along with decades of education and training on topics from Spirituality to Human Behavior. Rebecca is an Author, Radio Host, Speaker, Happiness Specialist, Spiritual Consultant and Fitness Instructor. Rebecca is the host of RealitySpirituality.com that can be heard LIVE every Sunday at 7:00am PST.
Wellness Woman Webinar
DeStress The Mess
As we continue to move down this journey we call life, we find ourselves moving to the next stage of our life...the next ACT of our life. Join us as I talk to Julie Shifman, inspirational, award-winning speaker, author of "Act Three - Create The Life You Want After Your First Career And Full Time Motherhood" We will discuss how to create a roadmap to follow using some key components to help you turn this life transition into an exciting journey that will lead you to the best stage of
Are you anxious about a relationship? Work? Raising your kids? Time in a day? Then you try to stop your anxious thoughts and that just creates a greater awareness of "worry." It is amazing how anxiety can control our lives and keep us from being all we can be on our journeys.
Join Sherry Pierce and Beth Brownlee, certified life coaches, as they discuss how to best Trust Your Journey through Anxiety. They look forward to your calls and working with you to provide some relief for the anxious moments in your life.
There is no doubt one of the most important decision in your life, and the one that will have a direct impact on every other decision you make, is the commitment to accept and love yourself. This decision will directly affect the quality of your relationships, your career, your faith, and everything in between.
Join Sherry Pierce and Beth Brownlee, certified life coaches, as they discuss Trust Your Journey--Loving You! They look forward to your calls and helping you on your journey to loving yourself.
Everybody thinks they have it but, no one does. At least, not all the time! That's right. Integrity is elusive. One moment you're IN integrity. The next you're out. So, it's not a solid, set, & foundational state. It's a fluid, ebbing & flowing state. The goal in life is to live consciously aware of our behaviors and how they effect our lives & others.
Join Nicole Greer, the Vibrant Coach on July 8th at 12:30pm on her BlogTalk Radio Show to dialogue on how character and the 48 Vibrant Virtues can impact your state of integrity. Each of us has a "TILT" or a bent toward one behavior.
We can have a propensity to be resilient without understanding the missing wisdom that is causing us to fall down so we can rise back up. Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to be so resilient? Wouldn't harnessing some wisdom be REALLY helpful?
We can also have a tendency to be seriously courageous! Great, as long as we are not putting others in harms way. Wouldn't it be great to be courageous, strong, and outspoken while still considering how others FEEL who may be impacted by our valient efforts?
We can be tilted toward wisdom. Great. But, if we never try anything new and just rely on the wisdom of yesterday we'll never uncover new territory & learn to be resilient!
We can be slanted toward serving others & selflessly moving through life serving humanity. Beautiful. Except when we enable others & don't challenge those around us to risk.
What is needed is coaching & a tool to help us see how resilience, courage, humanity and wisdom are vital to our integrity!
Email me for the show prep link!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Channel Panel (336 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (167 chatters)
- John Baptist (90 chatters)
- AlimBey (80 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (66 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (35 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (24 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (21 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (21 chatters)
- Omega Man (20 chatters)
- The Intuitive Messenger Show (19 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (14 chatters)
- dtm radio (13 chatters)
- DDP Radio (12 chatters)
- Ahura Z (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (11 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- Arctic Ice Hockey (10 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (10 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- Rev Max Ryan (9 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (9 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (8 chatters)
- Karen Tate (8 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (7 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (7 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (7 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (7 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (7 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (7 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (6 chatters)
- GraveYard Radio (6 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (5 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (5 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (4 chatters)
- Sistar Cassandra (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (4 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (4 chatters)
- Billy D Online (4 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (4 chatters)
- LCS (4 chatters)
- Methylation and Gut Health (3 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (3 chatters)
- First Love Radio (3 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (3 chatters)
- V RADIO (3 chatters)
- Tionna Talks (3 chatters)
- The Stew Radio (3 chatters)
- They Might Be Taping (3 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (3 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (2 chatters)
- STACK HOUSE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- RefJeremy (2 chatters)
- David Jerry Wes (2 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (2 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- DLFootball (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- BGERZY N SUKI SUK SHOW (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Grok Radio (1 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Gathering of the Saints Radio (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- Pauly D (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Room 101 (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Straight Independent Radio (1 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (1 chatters)
- Talk 2 Me Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- THE BRYANT ORR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- twomucht (1 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (1 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The Relationship Handbook Live (1 chatters)
- Tim Gatto Unedited and Uncut (1 chatters)