SORT BY Relevancy
Recently, I had an opportunity to chat with Rockford IceHogs first-year defenseman Joe Lavin.
Lavin was named IceHogs' Rookie-of-the-year for the 2011-12 season
In his first pro season, Lavin has quietly risen into the top tier of upcoming Chicago Blackhawks prospects on the defense. Lavin turned pro last April after completing his collegiate career as the captain of the University f Notre Dame where he was a regular pair-mate with another Blackhawks’ prospect, Stephe
This week on Fieldstone Common, Marian Pierre-Louis interviews Lucianne Lavin, author of Connecticut's Indigenous Peoples: What Archeology, History, and Oral Traditions Teach Us About Their Communities and Their Cultures.
More than 10,000 years ago, people settled on lands that now lie within the boundaries of the state of Connecticut. Leaving no written records and scarce archaeological remains, these peoples and their communities have remained unknown to all but a few archaeologists and other scholars. This pioneering book is the first to provide a full account of Connecticut’s indigenous peoples, from the long-ago days of their arrival to the present day.
Lucianne Lavin draws on exciting new archaeological and ethnographic discoveries, interviews with Native Americans, rare documents including periodicals, archaeological reports, master’s theses and doctoral dissertations, conference papers, newspapers, and government records, as well as her own ongoing archaeological and documentary research. She creates a fascinating and remarkably detailed portrait of indigenous peoples in deep historic times before European contact and of their changing lives during the past 400 years of colonial and state history.
Lucianne Lavin is Director of Research and Collections at the Institute for American Indian Studies, a research museum and educational center in Washington, CT. She received her M.A. and Ph.D. in anthropology from NY University. She is an archaeologist who has over 30 years of research and field experience in Northeastern archaeology and anthropology. Dr. Lavin has written over 100 professional publications and technical reports on the archaeology and ethnohistory of the Northeast.
For more details and upcoming schedule see: http://www.FieldstoneCommon.com
Common Sense with Joe Alexander offers listeners the opportunity to listen to and engage in provocative discussion of contemporary issues from a common sense perspective. Joe Alexander was raised in Baltimore, Maryland. Over the last 23 years, he has lived and worked in the United States, Africa, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East. Follow him on Twitter at @CommonSenseJA.
Join us on this edition of The JOE ALLEN Show when we react to the Hell in a Cell pay per view.
Plus, I'll announce the winner of The Joe Allen Show facebook page "Like" contest drawing!! The winner gets a special prize from Joe Allen. To enter, go to facebook.com/joeallenshow and click "Like". Drawing will include ALL "Likes" to The JOE ALLEN Show Facebook page.
If you like WWE, you will like this prize.
All this and much more on this edition of The JOE ALLEN Show!!
in Pop Culture
Leeann Tweeden and Dana Commandatore talk about whatever they want with whomever they want in this weekly 1-hour conversation between friends.
This week, the Tomboys chat with The King of Dirt, TJ Lavin about being a BMX dirt jumper, television host, actor, producer, entrepreneur, husband, and being a sheepdog.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (126 chatters)
- NTEB (94 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (65 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (42 chatters)
- Curious Times (29 chatters)
- Ms Blue (28 chatters)
- Love Productions (16 chatters)
- GraveYard Radio (15 chatters)
- drdeath26 (15 chatters)
- ankhkakek (15 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (14 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (14 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (14 chatters)
- ARC Studies (13 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (11 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Puerto Rico Reptiles Radio (11 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (9 chatters)
- torihartman (9 chatters)
- Kawakab (9 chatters)
- New Colony Network (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- BWIG Radio (6 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- MOUNTAIN CHILD (4 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (4 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (4 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Vince in the Bay (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- amyalkon (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- chocmami (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (2 chatters)
- NOCTURNAL FREQUENCY RADIO (2 chatters)
- MoodSwings (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- I AM U Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (2 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Seamheads (1 chatters)
- Ski And Critical (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Warn paranormal radio (1 chatters)
- Jay Rex Music live Talk (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Debra SeS (1 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (1 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (1 chatters)
- Blues Unchained (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)