SORT BY Relevancy
October 23, 2014 - LIVING A RICHER LIFE ~ Life Changing Talk Radio
THEME: Leveraging Intersectionality or LI – What is it and why is it important?
Dr. Fay Cobb Payton – Professor, Researcher, Diversity, Inclusion & Technology Advocate and the author of “Leveraging Intersectionality: Seeing and Not Seeing”
THIS WEEK’S MESSAGE:
Intersectionality is a term that was coined by American professor Kimberlé Crenshaw in 1989. Intersectionality is most commonly defined as the interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage. This scholarly and progressive view of "valuing diversity" originally encompassed "women" and their experience of oppression in varying configurations and in varying degrees of intensity. Yet, the prospective has been extended into include all people who have experienced cultural patterns of oppression. The theory is that cultural patterns of oppression are not only interrelated, but are bound together and influenced by the intersectional systems of society. Examples of this include race, gender, class, ability, and ethnicity. According to one leading expert, "through an awareness and the leveraging of intersectionality, we can better acknowledge and ground the differences among us, gain the benefits of inclusion within both academic and corporation environments and enhance the global society as a whole." What is the Intersectionality and why is it important?
Adult entertainer, Mia LI has just one year of experience within the industry and has done feature, gonzo and kink films. The 24 year old asian beauty describes herself as "adorkable aspiring for arousing". It's easy to see from her work she's done exactly that. Join us as we talk to Mia about her career.
Crohn’s disease may affect as many as 700,000 Americans. Men and Women are equally likely to be affected, and while the disease can occur at any age, Crohn's is more prevalent among adolescents and young adults between the ages of 15 and 35.
Ulcerative colitis may affect as many as 700,000 Americans. Men and Women are equally likely to be affected, and most people are diagnosed in their mid-30s. The disease can occur at any age and older men are more likely to be diagnosed than older women
What is being done to research and find the cause of these diseases? For that we ask Dr. Ellen Li.
Dr. Ellen Li, MD, PhD, a gastroenterologist and research scientist, is Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the Department of Medicine at Stony Brook University School of Medicine. Dr. Li oversees the clinical, research and training of a Division that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and liver.
Dr. Li’s major research interest is on defining the role of the gut microbiome in digestive diseases, particularly inflammatory bowel diseases, colon cancer, and functional GI disorders (e.g. irritable bowel syndrome). Since coming to Stony Brook in 2009, Ellen has launched an interdepartmental Digestive Diseases Biobanking Core, with the generous support of the Simons Foundation, that will provide an infrastructure that encourages collaborations between clinicians and basic scientists in conducting clinical translational research.She is the author of 77 peer-reviewed articles and several chapters in the Textbook of Gastroenterology.
Strategies of Success
Host Brian A Cohen DTM
Listen to Pao Lee Talk Show: Mloog kev sib tham los ntawm Senator Foung Hawj, tias yuav ua li cas khaws tej tshuaj seem hauv vaj tse.
Every Tuesday on the Li*La show there will be entertainment news and music. Call 347-237-4253 to be apart of my live broadcast and discuss topics with ya girl li*La. To have your music played live throughout my broadcast email me your name, demo, and a brief description of something that makes your music unique. Ecgarland22@gmail.com
The Mile High Show’s co-pilots Jet Setting Jasmine and King Noire takes listeners on a Fantasy Flight with award winning adult entertainer Lethal Lipps AKA the "Deep Throat Diva" for an open and frank discussion on ‘sexual hang ups’. Lethal shares her personal and professional insight on how she’s overcome both internal and external stigmas placed on working within the adult film industry. Lethal Lipps is “Bigger than ” and more than just her “Orgasmic Oral” skills.
Ethan flies with Big B and Laura as the esteemed Mr. James Braswell is coming home with his new baby girl. He talks about:
Offensive Halloween Costumes
All this at 4pm
Our guest this week is Tanya Binford. This self-sufficient lady just finished her Loop single handed. Fairly new to AGLCA, Tanya started the Loop in April of this year, and she’ll tell us about her adventure.
Topics may include:
Story about Why she Did the Loop Alone – if not too personal
Route that she Took
Type of Boat and the Reasons it was Suitable for a Single-Handed Journey
Conquering Locks & Docking Single-Handed
Help Along the Way
Isolation or Loneliness Experienced?
High Points of Trip
Low Points of Trip
Advice to Others Considering Single-Handed Loop
Would she do it Again?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (492 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (94 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (35 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (21 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (18 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (14 chatters)
- Curious Times (14 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (10 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (9 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (8 chatters)
- OPWR (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (3 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (3 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (2 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisMedia (2 chatters)
- Straight Talkin Show (2 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- EmilioDiaz (0 chatters)