SORT BY Relevancy
Jose Reyes of Jazz Con Class Radio will be interviewing author and historian Cary Ginell. They will be concentrating on all the jazz related projects Cary has been involved with and is currently working on. Cary has also written an array of jazz related books on legendary musicians and on essential jazz dicographies. Listen in and or call in, enjoy!
Cary Ginell is a veteran radio broadcaster, folklorist, and author of seven books on American music. Cary has annotated dozens of albums for labels such as Naxos, Living Era, Texas Rose, Rambler, Bear Family, Rhino, Revenant, and Origin Jazz Library. He has been honored five times by the ARSC (Association for Recorded Sound Collections) with awards for "Excellence in Historical Recorded Sound Research" for his books, "Milton Brown & the Founding of Western Swing" (University of Illinois Press, 1994), "Discography of Western Swing & Hot String Bands" (Greenwood Press, 2001), "Good Vibes" (Scarecrow Press, 2003) (an autobiography of jazz musician Terry Gibbs), "Old Shep: The Recordings of Red Foley" (Bear Family Records), and "Hot Jazz for Sale: Hollywood's Jazz Man Record Shop" (Lulu.com) The Gibbs biography also won the prestigious ASCAP/Deems Taylor Award for music journalism in December 2004....Learn More
When someone mentions standards in education most people assume they are referring to curriculum or instructional standard. Get ready to delve into the world of technical standards that serve as the foundation of our digital offerings. We’ll take a look at a wide variety of such standards and examine how they impact your product implementation, platform support, and business development.
For those of you who shy away from the technical, this is an opportunity to unwrap some of the jargon you hear but have been too embarrassed to ask about… xml, HTML5, APIP, Dublin Core, RDFa all sound familiar but you have no idea what they mean? Stop just nodding knowingly and learn what you need to know to engage in discussion about how to apply these standards to make the best products.
For those propeller heads out there, we have a seat at the Table for you as well. Get up to date on the latest happenings on several different standards and join the online discussion. It’s a veritable technical feast!
Knowledge is key to driving business and structuring your solutions so you can address the needs of your customers. Join host Michael Jay and guests as they explore the structure behind standards and answer questions such as:
How are instructional standards continuing to evolve?
What are the impacts instructional standards have on teaching and learning?
What standards are used by publishers and development shops?
What impact do standards have on my business?
Experts and beginners alike can embrace the value of understanding more about standards, and the common misconceptions.
1. Bethann Canada, Director of Education Information Management
2. Jim Goodell, Senior Analyst at Quality Information Partners, Inc.
3. Matt Howard, Manager of Digital Experience Strategy at Zaner-Bloser
TONIGHT WITH BROTHERS ON THE MOVE AT THERE 2ND ANNUAL DANCE
HOSTING WITH BIG RAY - NAJEE Jerome Najee Rasheed, known professionally as Najee, is an American smooth jazz saxophonist and flautist. He attended New England Conservatory of Music in Boston where he studied with George Russell and Jaki Byard.
Joe Sample, who became a jazz star in the 1960s as the pianist with the Jazz Crusaders and an even bigger star a decade later when he began playing electric keyboards and the group simplified its name to the Crusaders, died on Friday in Houston. He was 75.
HOST BIG RAY
Whew! Told you it was going to be busy in September and October! With multiple guests and time changes :) Case in point: our show for 9/25/2014! First at bat: the respected Saxophonist/Teacher and Champion of the Baltimore Jazz Music Education Project, Greg Thompkins! The annual fundraiser for BJMEP is coming up on October 4th - at Towson State University. On the roster: Bari Sax Great, Claire Daly! And Claire will join Greg on "Hybrid Jazz!" That will be in the first hour of the show. And we'll learn how to help this great cause - with ways for you to consider having your own organization where YOU are :) In these days of pulling music out of our schools, we have to re-prioritize! When you hear Greg talk about this, you'll know how important that is. And Claire's career would be enough to discuss for THREE hours! If you remember, she was a guest on the show over a year ago. It will be great to welcome her back.
Mycah Chevalier is no stranger to us, either. Whenever she visits, our songstress/writer always has something exciting to share. THIS time, it's her much-anticipated event at Blues Alley - on October 8th! She will have some of the best musicians with her - in this region or any other . And those in attendance will get to hear the songs that we have played MANY times since 2011. Including "Back N' Forth", Mycah & Dawoud Said's take on "In a Sentimental Mood" and her duet with Kenny Wesley - the Michael Franks' song, "When I Give My Love To You." The time always FLYS by with our Creole Gurl! And, if she wants, we'll have fans call and say hello. Whatever Mycah wants, Mycah gets. LOL!
Join us for a special Noon to Three Show on 9/25!
Alan (Giants of Jazz Radio) and Jose (Jazz Con Class Radio) are very honored to have with us jazz historian, jazz journalist and author Scott Yanow. We will cover his biography in detail and then concentrate on "West Coast Jazz." We will decipher this sub-genre of "Cool Jazz" by discussing its roots and its history. We will also touch on the 60's Jazz scene in both the Los Angeles and San Francisco areas. Join us, listen and/or call in!
Scott Yanow (Bio):
.....Jazz Journalist and historian. Since then, I have been involved in many projects. Being the Senior Editor for the 3rd edition of the All Music Guide For Jazz resulted in a countless number of my CD reviews and biographies being utilized throughout the internet including Pandora Radio. In addition to having written ten books so far (most recently The Jazz Singers) and writing for the Jazz Heritage Club, I have written several episodes for the popular jazz radio series Jim Cullum's Riverwalk - Live At The Landing.
I have written over 750 liner notes, hundreds of press biographies and press releases, and it has been said that I have reviewed more jazz recordings than anyone in history. I have contributed to virtually all of the major jazz magazines including Downbeat, Jazz Times, Jazziz, Cadence, Coda, The Mississippi Rag, Jazz Forum, Jazz News, The Jazz Report, Planet Jazz, Jazz Now and Jazz
Improv. These days I write regularly for Jazz Inside, Downbeat, Jazziz, Los Angeles Jazz Scene and The Jazz Rag.....Learn More
ARTHUR LEE "ART"PORTER, JR.(AUGUST 3, 1961-NOVEMBER 23,1996 WAS AN AMERICAN JAZZ SAXOPHONIST. Arthur Lee "Art" Porter, Jr. (August 3, 1961 - November 23, 1996) was an American jazz saxophonist.
PORTER HAS BEEN INDUCTED INTO THE ARKANSAS JAZZ HALL OF FAME AND THE ARKANSAS ENTERTAINERS HALL OF FAME. PORTER RECEIVED THE ARKANSAS JAZZ HALL OF FAME LIFETIME ACHIEVENEMT AWARD IN 1998.
BOBBY LYLE IS A JAZZ SOUL JAZZ AND SMOOTH JAZZ PIANIST. HE WAS BORN IN MEMPHIS ,TENNESSEE BUT GREW UP IN MINNEAPOLIS. MN. HE MOVED TO LOS ANGELES IN 1974 AND SOON WENT ON THE ROAD WITH SLY AND THE FMILY STONE. THIS LED TO A MEETING WITH WAYNE HENDERSON OF THE JAZZ CRUSADERS WHO THEN TOOK HIM TO CAPITOL RECORDS FOR HIS FIRST SOLO RECORDING DEAL IN 1977.
HOST TONIGHT BIG RAY
This is Mike OLi, the host of Smooth Caribbean (Jazz) with a touch more..., I wanna fulfill your need to relax, unwind and shake away this busy day. I invite you to "visit for the experience" Smooth Caribbean Jazz, soulful R&B and, music from The Mother Land - Africa . . . how about Lite Rock, as well as a touch of kool modern Jazz. Looking forward too it. Check out our music channel 'WatchMusicChannel.com' to catch-up with us or anything you might have missed prior.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- John Baptist (92 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- in5d (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (17 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (14 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- David and Wes (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (2 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Unseen World (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (0 chatters)