SORT BY Relevancy
Stephanie Kelton, Chair of the Economics Department at the University of Missouri, Kansas City joins us to discuss Modern Monetary Theory and how the MMT policy recommendations compare to those of Keynesians, Monetarists and Real Business Cycle advocates. Stephanie appeared on Up with Chris last January, ostensibly to talk about the trillion dollar coin, but didn't really get a chance to explain why it's actually not a crazy idea.
Follow @StephanieKelton @JayAckroyd
Jay and Stephanie talked earlier. Listen here.
David Brin explores transparency, security, privacy & openness in The Transparent Society: Will Technology Force Us to Choose Between Privacy and Freedom? (Winner of the Freedom of Speech Award of the American Library Association).
Links and more
This is their second conversation about The Transparent Society, and its implications in the 21st century, as well as the pros and cons of alien contact. Listen to them in Sept 2010.
Veteran campaign strategist, journalist & author Glenn W. Smith stops by to talk with host Jay Ackroyd about Texas as harbinger for the nation. Follow @GlennWSmith @JayAckroyd
Read Glenn at Progressive Voices & Firedoglake
More at http://virtuallyspeaking.us/virtually-speaking-with-jay-ackroyd/2013/5/7/glenn-smith-virtually-speaking-with-jay-ackroyd
Engaging the surveillance state, good news and bad. Editor, writer & social media consultant Ian Welsh - "The horizon is not so far as we can see, but as far as we can imagine" - comes by to continue his extended conversation with host Jay Ackroyd.
Read Ian here Follow @IWelsh @JayAckroyd
More at VirtuallySpeaking.us
American investigative journalist — economics and tax issues — and author David Cay Johnston talks with host Jay Ackroyd about debt peonage and neo feudalism.
Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense and Stick You With The Bill, is about hidden subsidies, rigged markets, and corporate socialism.
Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich—and Cheat Everybody Else, a New York Times bestselleron the U.S. tax system that won the Investigative Reporters and Editors 2003 Book of the Year award.
Temples of Chance: How America Inc. Bought Out Murder Inc. to Win Control of the Casino Business is an account of how the junk-bond kings usurped mob control of the casino industry in the 1980s. Johnston discusses corruption in the industry and the role of the federal and state governments in that corruption.
The Fine Print: How Big companies Use "Plain English" to Rob You Blind was released in September 2012.
Who are 'we the people'? How might clear majorities of people prevail given that all the electeds (mostly) are against us? Dave Johnson, Gaius Publius, Stuart Zechman and Jay Ackroyd consider the political environment often described as left, right, center and the inverse relationship between the views of the people with power and the general populace.
For example, large majorities in both Republican-supporting voters and Dem-supporting voters favor No Cuts to Education, Medicare and Social Security.
How do we bring this popular coalition together in a way that wins? What are our best strategies for doing that?
Militarization of the police. A former Baltimore Police Dep't officer Peter Moskos teaches at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the CUNY Graduate Center in the Department of Sociology. He is the author of Cop in the Hood: My Year Policing Baltimore's Eastern District Follow @PeterMoskos
Daniel Marans, of Social Security Works, stops by to discuss the Back to Work Budget of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and proposals to expand social secuirty benefits. See the membership of the Caucus.
Jay Ackroyd hosts. Follow @nosocseccuts @DanielMarans @Jayackroyd
Jay Ackroyd chats with American journalist Dave Weigel — Slate political reporter and MSNBC contributor. They'll talk about the factions of the US convervative movement, their role and influences on US policy and the US Congress. Follow @daveweigel @jayackroyd Links:
Toronto based social media consultant, editor and writer Ian Welsh writes at IanWelsh.com. Formerly the Managing Editor of FireDogLake and the Agonist, his work has also appeared at Huffington Post, Alternet, and Truthout, as well as the now defunct Blogging of the President (BOPNews). In Canada his work has appeared in Pogge.ca and BlogsCanada.
Ian and Jay talk about how the events in Boston illuminate the intelligence and military apparatus now operating in the US, in support of an increasingly oligarchic system of governance throughout much of the OECD.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (121 chatters)
- New Colony Network (29 chatters)
- Straitway (24 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (24 chatters)
- reactionariez (23 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (19 chatters)
- johncinque (19 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (17 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (16 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (16 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- 62196 (13 chatters)
- The Missing and Exploited (12 chatters)
- Sounding Off with Tank and Tony (11 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (10 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (10 chatters)
- Rachel Marie (9 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (9 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (8 chatters)
- Rev Dr Catherine M Gross (8 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (8 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (6 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (6 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (6 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (4 chatters)
- CrsRadio The Knowledge Station (4 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- Radio PI (3 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (3 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (3 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- HME Radio (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (2 chatters)
- Susan Puzio (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- Sports on Tap (1 chatters)
- AVERadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- 63504 (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- JiggyBox Radio (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (1 chatters)
- LCS (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)