SORT BY Relevancy
In the "Michael Cuddyer: Mindfreak" edition, Jeffrey and Greg discuss the films of Werner Herzog, Jeffrey and David Roth discuss the films of Ron Howard, and then Jeffrey and Greg discuss the merits of the TV show, "Sliders." This has been the worst offseason ever, you guys. There is also kvetching about James Shields, an in-depth analysis of the playoff odds of our two favorite second-division sports teams, and a lot of discussion about the 2003 Mets.
On this episode of the Yanks Go Yard Radio Show, brought to you by KNODA.com, host and senior staff writer Ricky Keeler gives his thoughts on the Yankees signing of Scott Baker to a minor league contract and the conflicting reports surrounding the team's interest in James Shields.
At 9:05 PM ET, Ricky will be joined by Matt Kardos and Dan Pfeiffer of Rolling Thunder to discuss their top 15 Prospect Lists. Plus, we will talk about the 2 Yankees who made the MLB.com's Top 100 prospect lists, the Yoan Moncada impact on the farm system, and which Yankee prospects do they think will have a big year in 2015?
Then, at 9:40 PM ET, Hunter Samuels, the co-editor of Kings of Kauffman, joins the show to talk about James Shields. What did he see out of Shields in Kansas City and which teams should be in the running for the pitcher's services? Does his big-game performances hurt his value that much?
If you want to interact with us during the LIVE show, call us at (347)-324-5455 or tweet us: @YGYRadioShow
Tuesday, November 17th, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, "War a Week" Radio is proud to present a special "Cotto gets stripped" edition of "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields, sponsored by Affordable Dentures!!
Kicking off this evening's 90 minute program, Coach Ronnie will engage in an all-new segment of "Fact or Fiction"!!
- Will Floyd ever consider working with Golden Boy Promotions and Oscar De la Hoya in the future?
- Will Floyd and Al's business decisions prove to be detrimental to the long term health of the sport?
- Did Oscar give Ronda Rousey the "blueprint" on how to beat Holly Holm?
- Would a Canelo loss to Cotto mark the beginning of the end for Golden Boy Promotions?
- Would a Cotto loss to Canelo mark the beginning of the end for Roc Nation Sports?
- Was Miguel Cotto wise to "stop pay" on the check to the WBC four days before the Canelo fight?
- Does Cotto need a knock-out to win Saturday night's main event?
- Is David Haye capable of making a comeback in 2016?
- Will Arthur Abraham attempt to unify the 168 pound division now that SOG is a Light Heavyweight?
Coach Ronnie will also give our listeners his final thoughts and official prediction for Cotto/Canelo!!
Join us for another all new edition of "Real Boxing" with veteran fight coach Ronnie Shields!
Tuesday, November 10th, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, "War a Week" Radio presents an all-new edition of "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
To kick off this evening's 90 minute program, coach Ronnie will participate in another segment of "Fact of Fiction"!!
- Will Floyd Mayweather Jr. attempt to get number 50 to open up the new MGM Sports Arena in 2016?
- Will Tim Bradley take on Canelo Alvarez or Gennady Golovkin in 2016?
- Will Brandon Rios stay retired?
- Will fight fan see Vasyl Lomachenko take on Guillermo Rigondeaux in 2016? Yuriorkis Gamboa?
- Is Floyd Jr. correct when he states "They" want Andre Ward to lose?
- Is Mayweather right when he states "They" want the next big star of boxing to be a caucasian?
- In Money May's world, are "They" the fight fans or the promoters and networks?
- Lomachenko wants the fans to determine his next opponent. Will he suffer the same fate as Adrien Broner?
- Is Teddy Atlas getting too much credit for Rios victory, or not enough?
- Will age be a factor in Canelo vs. Cotto?
- Will Edwin Rodriguez take on Adonis Stevenson in 2016?
- Will Deontay Wilder go out of his way to avoid Alexander Povetkin?
- Will Miguel Cotto be forced into retirement by Canelo Alvarez?
- Will Erislandy Lara carve Dejan Zaveck for Thanksgiving dinner?
- Will Lucian Bute shock the UK by defeating James DeGale on November 28th?
Tune in to "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
Tuesday, October 20th, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, 'War a Week' Radio presents a special "Golovkin, Crawford, Cotto, Ward, and Kovalev" edition of "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
To kick off this evening's 90 minute program, Coach Ronnie will share his thoughts on this past week's events on HBO PPV, NBC, Spike TV and ESPN!!
- Did Lamont Peterson overtrain for Felix Diaz?
- Is there anything referee Joe Cooper should or could have done differently in Williams/Colon bout?
- Was Fonfara vs. Cleverly a "FOTY" candidate?
- What is wrong with Devon Alexander?
- How good is Triple G and Chocolatito?
Coach Ronnie will also analyze the upcoming match-ups on the boxing calendar?
- Crawford vs. Jean, 12 rounds for the WBO 140 pound Championship
- Eubank Jr. vs, Jeter, 12 rounds for the interim WBA Middleweight title
- Thompson vs. Scott, 10 round Heavyweight special attraction
Join us for another edition of Real Boxing with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!
Tuesday, September 22nd, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, "War a Week" Radio presents "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields, and special guest conditioning expert Danny Arnold!!
Kicking off this evening's exclusive 90 minute program, renowned condition coach Danny Arnold will discuss the recent PED and IV controversy surrounding USADA, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the NSAC, while educating our listening audience on the various roles of a conditioning coach within a prizefighter's long, and often grueling training camp at the Arnold's Plex facility in Stafford, Texas.
At the 30 minute mark, Coach Ronnie will once again participate in an all-new segment of "Fact or Fiction"!!
- Will Manny Pacquiao face Lucas Matthysse in his first fight back of 2016?
- Will the Pacman look for a new trainer in 2016?
- Will Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fight Badou Jack for the WBC Super Middleweight title in 2016?
- Will Andre Ward eventually concede to taking less than a 50% purse split just to make a fight with Triple G a reality in 2016?
- Will Terence Crawford be the next fighter to defeat eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao?
- Will Gennady Golovkin get knocked out by David Lemieux on October 17th?
- Will Deontay Wilder have trouble against Johann Duhaupus in front of a big NBC audience?
- Is Andre Berto fabricating his alleged $4 million purse earned for fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr?
- Will Viktor Postol outbox Lucas Matthysse on October 3rd?
Join us for an all-new episode of "Real Boxing" with elite level trainer Ronnie Shields, and special guest conditioning expert Danny Arnold!!
in Pop Culture
Writer/Critic Bennet Pomerantz chats with guests from all walks of media on the Betty Award winning ANYTHING GOES
His guest tonight is Paranormal author Melanie James
USA Today Bestselling author, Melanie James spent 14 years as an IT systems administrator before tiring of the hustle and bustle of the technology world. She's doing what she loves, by writing paranormal comedy, steamy paranormal, and contemporary romance books. Melanie has a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in Leadership and Development, with a minor in Women's Studies. She is working on her Master's Degree in Adult Education at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
Melanie is married to a wonderful man who supports her dreams and goals. She has two children, three step-children, a beautiful daughter-in-law, and an adorable grand-baby.
Sign up for news and updates from Melanie. All you have to do is copy the link below and paste it into your browser! http://eepurl.com/TnKn5
Ways to follow Melanie on Social Media
J. F. Shields/MCTS Alumni Association
J.F. Shields/MCTS Alumni Association Annual Christmas Parade will be Saturday, December 12 at 10 a.m...line-up 9 a.m!!!! If you would like to participate please contact Sherley Smith (2517892322), Jonh C. Stallworth, or Bobby Nettles..Registration Deadline: December 9th!
Welcome Mighty Panthers!!! This page is here to connect all Alumni of J.F. Shields/MCTS. It is designed to keep you all informed of various activites, updates about the reunion, and much more information. We are happy you "Like" the page & now you go add another step and join the association. Annual Dues is $25.00 or if you would like to become a Lifetime Member you can for a one time fee of $500.00. Thank You Mary Louise Lett-Lee, President.
The alumni association mission is to protect, promote and foster the welfare of the school, to create and nurture beneficial relationship between the school, its alumni, the community and friends by using the talents & resources of the members. We serve as a chairtable and educational entity for the support of the school, its,students & community.
jfshields.ning.comMissionThe alumni association mission is to protect, promote and foster the welfare of the school, to create and nurture beneficial relationship between the school, its alumni, the community and friends by using the talents & resources of the members. We serve as a chairtable and educational entity for the support of the school, its,students & community.
@wcsteelerfan, aka James E King III presents 'Tha PUGILIST KOrner, our weekly show dedicated to the art of boxing, on both the amatuer and professional levels
Every Sunday, I'm joined by 'Iceman' John Scully, as we discuss the weekend's action and important upcoming bouts.'Iceman' John Scully (born July 28, 1967) is an formerly a world-ranked professional light heavyweight, he is now a boxing trainer and an analyst for the ESPN Classic television network.
In November 2010, "Iceman" John Scully was inducted into the fifth class of the Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame at the Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino in Connecticut.
Scully brings his sense of old school honesty and tenacity to Tha Weedend Wrap. He's also currently head trainer, for the UFC Gym, Winter Springs, Fla.
We close Tha Weekend Wrap with our segment, 'Straight Talk' w/ Trainer Ronnie Shields. Ronnie Shields (born June 6, 1958 in Port Arthur, Texas) is a former professional boxer and has become a prominent trainer in the sport. He works out of the Plex Boxing Gym in Stafford, Texas.
Join us as we discuss our renowned sport, both in and outside the squared circle, every week.
BIBLEBOOKCLUB:OT: Ezekiel :37:1-38:23, NT: James 1:19-2:17, Psalm: 117:1-2, Proverbs: 28:1, IN today's NT scripture, James gives some advice to those who have come to trust in Jesus. James 1:19-23 says Dear brothers, don’t ever forget that it is best to listen much, speak little, and not become angry; for anger doesn’t make us good, as God demands that we must be. So get rid of all that is wrong in your life, both inside and outside, and humbly be glad for the wonderful message we have received, for it is able to save our souls as it takes hold of our hearts. And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. FRIENDS, GOD WANTS US TO BE LIKE HIM! WE REFLECT GOD WHEN WE OBEY HIS WORD AND DISPLAY HIS CHARACTER. JESUS SAID WE MUST PICK UP OUR CROSS DAILY AND FOLLOW HIM! ITS NOT EASY, BUT THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL BE THERE TO HELP US!
Santiago da algunos consejos a los que han llegado a confiar en Jesús. Santiago 1: 19-23 dice Recuerden esto, queridos hermanos: todos ustedes deben estar listos para escuchar; en cambio deben ser lentos para hablar y para enojarse. Porque el hombre enojado no hace lo que es justo ante Dios. Así pues, despójense ustedes de toda impureza y de la maldad que tanto abunda, y acepten humildemente el mensaje que ha sido sembrado; pues ese mensaje tiene poder para salvarlos. Pero no basta con oír el mensaje; hay que ponerlo en práctica, pues de lo contrario se estarían engañando ustedes mismos. El que solamente oye el mensaje, y no lo practica, es como el hombre que se mira la cara en un espejo:AMIGOS, Dios quiere ser como él! Reflexionamos DIOS CUANDO obedecer Su Palabra y mostrar su carácter. JESÚS DIJO QUE DEBEMOS tomar nuestra cruz cada día y seguir ÉL! No es fácil, pero el Espíritu Santo estará allí para ayudarnos!