SORT BY Relevancy
Takuma Sato quickly progressed through the ranks to compete in Formula One. He left F1 and joined the IZOD IndyCar Series in 2010. Since then, Sato, is the only Japanese driver competing full time in the IZOD Series.
2012 IZOD INDYCAR SERIES Will drive the No. 15 Honda-Dallara-Firestone entry in his first season with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
• Finished 13th in IZOD IndyCar Series standings for KV Racing Technology.
• Recorded seven top-10 finishes, with a best of fourth at Mid-Ohio.
• Earned pole positions at Iowa and Edmonton.
• Led four races for total of 61 laps.
In 1996, he started karting and in 1997 won the Kanto region championship.
In 1999, his first full year of car racing, Sato competed in Formula Opel Europe and British Formula 3 National Class B for Diamond Racing.
• Won the British Formula 3 championship for Carlin Motorsport with 12 wins, 17 podium finishes and six pole positions in 25 races. Won the famed Macau Grand Prix, Masters of Formula 3 at Zandvoort and the International F3 race supporting the British Grand Prix at Silverstone Served as test driver for British American Racing.
• Finished third in British Formula 3 for Carlin Motorsport with four wins, six podium finishes and six poles in 12 starts Also competed in French F3 winning at Spa and raced in F3 European Cup races.
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing is owned by retired driver Bobby Rahal, racing aficionado David Letterman and businessman Mike Lanigan.
Thursday Night Thunder with host Adam Sinclair (@faborplumbs) and co-host Mykkal Mulalley (@Mykkal61) review the Rolex 24 at Daytona with superfan Vickie Miller and IndyCar SportsCar Podcast host Missy Linker.
We will also delve into the world of NASCAR, talking briefly about the caution rule for the truck series, as well as what we think Tony Stewart might do for 2016. We'll also get into the IndyCar preseason developments, as well as whatever other motorsports news is on the radar.
Fasten your seatbelts, and get ready for a raucous ride through the auto racing world!
Thursday Night Thunder with host Adam Sinclair (@faborplumbs) and co-host Mykkal Mulalley (@Mykkal61).welcomes Mazda Road to 24 competitor Kenton Koch back into the Thunderdome to talk about the Rolex 24, and how his 2015 championship in the Cooper Tire Prototype Lite Powered by Mazda series helped him prepare for this weekend's action at the world center of racing.
Then, switching gears from four wheels to two, we welcome the 2014 WMX championship winner Marissa Markelon to the program to talk a bit about motorcycle racing.
We also delve into the world of NASCAR controversy, talking a bit about the caution clock coming the the Camping World Truck Series in 2016, as well as whatever other racing news pops into the discussion.
Early last fall, the Sports Car Club of America announced a new entry-level pro formula car program, Formula 4. When most people think of junior formula programs in the US, the Mazda Road to Indy is the first to come to mind. While the combination of USF2000, Pro Mazda and Indy Lights makes for an excellent program for those seeking a career in IndyCar, it's lack of inclusion in the Super License program makes it a challenging path for those seeking a career in Formula 1.
Paul gives us the complete details on the origins of the Formula 4 program, how it fits into the SCCA Pro Racing program, and into the larger American junior formula car racing landscape.
On today’s show World Footprints explores the plight of the endangered Panther, we chat with one of the rising IZOD Indycar stars Simona de Silvestro, and we also view Catholicism through the lens with Father Robert Barron. As a special bonus, we added some sound bytes and interviews from the DC Stop Modern Slavery walk to end human trafficking.
Panthers once roamed the entire southeastern United States; from Florida to South Carolina and Louisiana. However, the panther was added to the Endangered Species List in 1967 and today the remaining population is isolated in South Florida.
Simona de Silvestro is one of a handful of female Indycar racers and she is one of the most prominent racecar drivers on the track. We spoke to Simona shortly before the crash that claimed the life of Dan Wheldon.
Just in time before Easter we will chat with Father Robert Barron's about his Catholicism documentary. The documentary illustrates the history and treasures of a global religion shared by more than one billion people around the world by exploring art, architecture, literature, music and all the riches of the Catholic tradition.
Visit World Footprints for breaking travel news and award-winning journalism.
This week, Thursday Night Thunder with host Adam Sinclair (@faborplumbs) and co-host Mykkal Mulalley (@Mykkal61) gaze into the future of auto racing with the drivers of Panoz Delta Wing, Katherine Legge and Sean Rayhall. Katherine Legge and Andy Meyrick return for a third year to compete for Panoz DeltaWing Racing in the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship. They are joined by Georgia native Sean Rayhall who proved his driving prowess behind the wheel of the coupe at the recent IMSA Daytona Test.
Legge and Rayhall will campaign the full season with Meyrick joining for the endurance events.
The 2016 season looks set to be an exciting one for Panoz DeltaWing Racing. With the new name comes an impressive new livery reminiscent of the legendary Panoz ‘Spirit of America’ LMP1 Roadster S 14 years ago which continues to be a fan favorite to this day. This new livery represents Panoz continued focus as a U.S.-based designer and manufacturer of exclusive luxury sports cars with a truly successful motorsports heritage.
Panoz DeltaWing Racing returns this year with one goal in mind: To consistently demonstrate the coupe’s competitiveness and be on the podium. The team enters 2016 following strong performances where they were up front and on-pace with the leaders in several of the late-season races including Lone Star Le Mans and Petit Le Mans.
Tune in for Thursday Night Thunder with host Adam Sinclair (@faborplumbs) and co-host Mykkal Mulalley (@Mykkal61) as we ring in the New Year with our guests.
We welcome 10 year old Cody "Wildman" Wilds at 8:05 p.m. to discuss the bright future of modern motorsports, including sprint cars, late models, and a touch of NASCAR.
Then, TA2 Champion Gar Robinson joins us at 8:25 p.m. to talk about the Trans Am Series, as well as the Roar before the Rolex 24 and the upcoming Rolex 24 at Daytona.
We look forward to an exciting 2016 season, and look forward to having you spend your Thursday nights at the home of speed on the world wide web, Speedway Digest Thursday Night Thunder!
Join Host Live Chats
- ParanormalReview (21 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (15 chatters)
- Ms Blue (14 chatters)
- Witch School (14 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- BeverlyD (11 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- BigSarge101 (7 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (6 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (6 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (5 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- thelordshour (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- CenterStage (3 chatters)
- Free Fire Friday Gun Talk (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz0 (1 chatters)
- My Psychic Connection (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- The Haitian FREE Thinkers Show (1 chatters)
- True Hockey Talk (1 chatters)
- Thirdphaseofmoon UFO Sightings (0 chatters)