SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode, executive editor Curt Franklin talks with Tom Daly, president and CTO of Dyn Inc, about the challenges and opportunities that the Internet's change to IPv6 will bring to enterprise IT and its internal and external customers. Tom is an expert in Internet architecture and will help listeners understand how to plan for the shift, how to coordinate critical activities with their ISPs, and how to implement IPv6 in ways that will minimize disruptions and maximize benefits to the organization.
The IPv6 Day event organized by the Internet Society on June 7 and 8 showed a lot of support for the new version of the Internet Protocol from content and service providers -- and the need for more action on the user side. IT pros worldwide are being challenged to face up to the need for dual-stack support. We'll be talking today about how they are or aren't likely to meet that challenge, and why.
Andrew Blum is the author of Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the Internet, the first book-length look at the physical heart of the Internet itself.
When not immersed in the Internet’s depths, Blum writes about architecture, design, technology, urbanism, art, and travel. Since 1999, his articles and essays have appeared in Wired, The New York Times, The New Yorker, Bloomberg Business Week, Metropolis, Popular Science, Gizmodo, The Atlantic Online, Architectural Record, and Slate, among others. He has degrees in literature from Amherst College and in human geography from the University of Toronto, and lives in his native New York City with his wife, daughter, and a black shepherd mix.
Today, we have the pleasure of speaking Qing Li who is the Chief Scientist at Blue Coat Systems. Qing works with customers to help them transition their networks to the IPv4-IPv6 dual stack environment. He also advocates for the security of those networks is maintained both during and after the transition.
Phil and Stephen welcome author and futurist Alex Lightman back to FastForward Radio. Alex is one of the recipients of the Economist's 2010 Innovation Awards.
About our guest:
Alex Lightman is an author, entrepreneur, and futurist, who has made significant contributions to the adoption of IPv6, 4G wireless broadband, wearable computers, and augmented reality. He has authored several books on technology and society. His book 'Brave New Unwired World: The Digital Big Bang and the Infinite Internet' was the first ever published on the subject of 4G wireless technology.
In the last three weeks, he published "Reconciliation: 78 Reasons to End the US Embargo of Cuba" and, on Oct. 21, received the first Economist magazine Reader's Award, given for "the innovation that will most radically impact the world over the next decade 2010-to-2020", based on five months of voting in over 200 countries and a panel of 32 judges, in recognition of his innovation of 4G wireless.
This show is focused on the technology professionals but the information applies to most professional careers.
Former Microsoft Recruiter and Founder of Corporate Global Technical Professionals Association (www.cgtpa.org)give raw, hardore tips about Corporate Technical Hiring secrets to give you an edge and land a job quick.
John discusses myths about offers, interviewing, resumes, phone screens, hiring managers, recruiters, on hire shares and powerful phrase to to turn a "no-hire" to a hire. much much more
Michael Surkan has worked in IT for 20 years. He was an IT manager, and an lab director at PC Week Labs, conducting technology product reviews and analyses. Until July, Michael worked at Microsoft for 9 years working in product and program management. He was a program manager in the networking group of the Windows division, responsible for such technologies as the Windows Firewall and IPv6. Recently, Michael has been sharing the things he has learned from his career on his blog, http://surkanstance.blogspot.com/ and to groups like this one. He is also conducting research on what long term impacts the recession might have on the IT industry.
Limor Schafman Presents: Dave Green Command Information-Ubiquitous Connectivity & Internet of Things
A new world of connectedness and communication stands before us. Now and increasingly in the future a type of network will evolve where things are directly connected, P2P, to other things. IPv6, Internet Protocol version 6, is one of the enabling technologies that will make it happen.
Dave Green, Vice President of R&D for Command Information (www.commandinformation.com) will discuss the Internet of Things, what ubiquitous connectivity can be if pushed to the edge of current and near future technology, and the impact it will have on Internet operations, social networks, collaborating, content distribution, and mobile and wireless communications.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (126 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (98 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- reactionariez (17 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (10 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (10 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (7 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (7 chatters)
- Bellesprit (7 chatters)
- DerekLambert (7 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- I AM SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- DHead Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (2 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- House of Hu Humanity United (2 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The FabLife Radio Show (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (0 chatters)