SORT BY Relevancy
Hilarie Cash, PhD, the Founder of reSTART ,an five-year-old Internet Addiction Recovery Program in Fall City Washington joined Lon on October 7, 2014 to describe the need for internet and computer addictions and what her students need. She was especially proud of one of her graduates being interviewed for NBC's TODAY show, which increased phone calls of inquiry. Currently she works with young adult males, but this NBC program has encouraged her in plans to expand the program, or start new programs for adolescents and/or females, meeting what she sees as a growing need.
By Rabbi Yehoshua Looks | Nov. 16, 2014 | 2:11 PM
“The lack of sexual morality that pervades this society is all over the place, and the Orthodox community, no matter how traditional, is not immune from this, and it creates terrible problems,” Rabbi Barry Freundel said in the Washington Jewish Week. “ography and its accessibility is wrecking marriages. It’s two keystrokes away. You get on the computer, you hit the button twice and you’re there. I have not counseled a couple in any level of relationship in the last five years where ography hasn’t been an issue.”
Freundel was quoted in this article on September 17, 2014, only weeks before he was arrested on voyeurism charges.
Why is it that ography, particularly Internet ography, pervades modern life? Is it becoming an increasing threat to society?
Join Zaiyah and Uptown as they discuss this and other important topics on this weeks edition of Zaiyah's House.
We've been excited about this show for quite some time and honored to work with one of the leading addiction recovery centers in the United States, Addiction Campuses. Olivia Quintanilla, Market Director, and Brian Sullivan, Public Relations Manager, from their Tennessee and Texas campuses join us for a heartfelt, candid, and startling discussion about what is happening in the United States for anyone struggling with addiction issues.
Please visit our blog for the full article and contact information.
Some of the questions Olivia and Brian answered on our show are listed below:
1. What would you say is the addiction that you get the most calls about?
2. What do you believe is the answer to the nation’s epidemic?
3. Your company also is a leader in addiction education and awareness. What specific campaign are you currently working on?
4. Tell us more about your new Texas campus?
5. What about cost for your program?
6. How does an educated mom in an upper middle class neighborhood start an addiction to drugs like heroin?
7. What area do most of your calls come from?
8. Do you all believe it’s better to go away for rehab or stay close to home?
9. A lot of people feel like because they don’t have insurance or money that they have nowhere to turn. What would you say to them?
10. What do you all hope to accomplish in your awareness campaigns?
Our website is www.addictioncampuses.com. We have LIVE chat available. Our hotline is 24 hours a day 7 days a week at 1.888.614.2251.
Are you a sex addict? Is sex addiction controlling your life? This broadcast of Diggin Deep with Dontá will feature special guest AD Burks, author of 'Sex and Surrender: An Addicts Journey.'
Sexual indiscretion is front page news. From sports stars to entertainers to politicians and religious leaders, story after story chronicles risky sexual behavior and addiction that shatters a multitude of promising lives. Do we know what motivates this kind of destructive behavior and can it be cured? More importantly can it be prevented? A.D. Burks is going to offer listeners a fresh four-step approach to solving one of today's most misunderstood and troubling compulsions. Also, he will be discussing his ITSOK2W8 campaign which promotes abstinence and self-worth.
For more more info about A.D. Burks visit his website http://www.sexsurrender.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Freedom Doors Ministries (4 chatters)