SORT BY Relevancy
"Raising Peaceful Children" is a topic I'm very passionate. It has been a central theme in my parenting and teaching for over four decades! Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing with you, various practices which are supportive to "Raising Peaceful Children".
If you are important in the life of a child, I invite you to tune in. If inspired, call in and share an insight or a precious moment you shared with a child.
PRACTICE 14: Listening to Infants & Young Children: Did you realize that you can actually have a conversation with an infant! Yes, an infant can be communicated with in any moment. Tune in to learn the "language" of the infant and young child. F*R*E*E* eBook to anyone reading this and contacting me. Enjoy!
I related an experience with one Tony Koss, a Roman Catholic in the laboratory at Womack Army Hospital in 1973, who would not pray, and would not read Book of Mormon rebutting the Catholic doctrine of pergatory for un-baptized infants. Tony then heard an audible voice which converted him to the truth of my message. I presented to him the following passage from the Book of Mormon which directly and positively shows that Roman Catholics are in danger of hell fire for perverting the right way of the Lord:
10 Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach--repentance and baptism unto those who are accountable and capable of committing sin; yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little children, and they shall all be saved with their little children.
11 And their little children need no repentance, neither baptism. Behold, baptism is unto repentance to the fulfilling the commandments unto the remission of sins.
12 But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter to persons; for how many little children have died without baptism!
13 Wherefore, if little children could not be saved without baptism, these must have gone to an endless hell.
14 Behold I say unto you, that he that supposeth that little children need baptism is in the gall of bitterness and in the bonds of iniquity; for he hath neither faith, hope, nor charity; wherefore, should he be cut off while in the thought, he must go down to hell.
15 For awful is the wickedness to suppose that God saveth one child because of baptism, and the other must perish because he hath no baptism.
16 Wo be unto them that shall pervert the ways of the Lord after this manner...
Movin' and Feelin'
Motor skills involve the muscle movements your child makes. Sensory skills involve taking in information from environment like things we see, feel, and touch.
Occupational Therapists are experts in the development and functioning of motor and sensory skills.
Accomplished Occupational Therapist, Karen Katzman of "Manhattan East Associates, Pediatric Occupational Therapy" in New York City is our fantastic guest.
She talks about what motor and sensory skills are, what abilities we should see in infants and children at various stages, and gives us super ideas to foster great development in all children.
Thanks for tuning in.
The Kids AtoZ Team.
For more information visit: http://www.manhattaneastot.com/home
Dr. Stolzer is a Professor of Child and Adolescent Development at the University of Nebraska-Kearney. She currently teaches infant, child, and adolescent development classes and is an active researcher. Dr. Stolzer has published numerous peer-reviewed articles and has presented her research at the international level. For over three decades, she has been a passionate child advocate. Dr. Stolzer’s research interests include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), the meteoric rise of psychiatric diagnoses in child and adolescent populations, the deleterious effects of psychiatric drugs, the biocultural implications of attachment parenting, breastfeeding, the multivariational effects of labeling children, and challenging the existing medical model which seeks to pathologize normal-range child behaviors. Learn More about the dangers of Psychotropic drugs http://www.CCHR.ORG Citizens Commission on Human Rights
Want to be on this show? Contact me at 760-917-1251
At what age do babies or chidlren sleep through the night? Parents all over suffering from sleepless nights want their child to sleep; is it possible? What can help create a good sleep pattern? Kristen Tea and Crystal Wolf dive in to Children Sleeping Through the Night.
On this weeks episode we talk about breastfeeding with Jill Wodnick. Jill Wodnick is a national speaker on giving birth, being born, breastfeeding & infant mental health. Jill is a Lamaze educator, certified lactation counselor and led a community doula program to reduce perinatal disparities. She is affiliated faculty at Montclair State University’s Center for Autism & Early Childhood Mental Health running the 'Enhancing the First Relationship: Breastfeeding as a Protective Factor in Infant Mental Health' initiative. to learn more a bout Jill visit her website: http://www.jillwodnick.com
We will look in the Bible to see what it says about water baptism. What does it mean when you are baptised. Is baptism for infants? Should you be totally immerced or just sprinkled? Is Baptism a means of salvation. Should you be baptised for someone who is deceased? There are many other questions about water baptism, and we will cover as many as time allots.
Today we have Dr. Marita Black, a pediatric physical therapist talking to us about motor development.
She will be talking about Tummy Time and the Container Baby Syndrome and address ways to position infants young children so that they physical development progresses well and appropriately.
Dr. Black is based in New York City and offers prenatal training to parents among her other great services. You can find more information on her website: maritablack.com
We hope you enjoy the show.
Best, The Kids AtoZ Team
Patricia Nolan-Brown shares:
How to research your idea to make sure no one else is doing it
Who is best to approach with your idea
Who to avoid when talking to patent attorneys and agents
What to do to increase the chances of selling your product to a major buyer
The defining characteristics of a successful inventor
Patricia Nolan-Brown has been inventing and marketing problem-solving products for more than 22 years. Among her many inventions is a best-selling car seat mirror, sold internationally, which enables drivers to see infants placed in rear-facing car seats. She has sold tens of millions of products and holds multiple patents and registered trademarks. She is the author of Idea to Invention: What You Need To Know to Cash In on Your Inspiration which has hit #1 on Amazon's Top 100 List.
In addition to being a serial inventor, Nolan-Brown is also a consultant, video-blogger, and motivational speaker for widely diverse groups: from Fortune 500 CEOs to grade-school science-fair hopefuls. She has demystified the invention process for thousands of people and helped them convert their ideas into must-have merchandise.
Her business savvy and warm, humorous style have made Patricia a popular guest on radio shows from Austin to New Zealand, She and her inventions have also been featured in many newspapers and in national magazines and newscasts.
Scottish independence fails by a narrow margin, Braveheart inconsolable; Democrats don't want another war, but they do want us to know they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night; Why not disincentivize corporate tax inversion instead of driving them deeper "underground"?; As Ebola overruns Sierra Leone and Guinea, Obama mobilizes his military machine to come down with it and bring it over here - and tuberculosis, too; "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming"; The House Select Benghazi Archeological Committee finally convenes; Democrats intensify the war against their REAL enemies; Has Debbie Wasserman-Schlutz finally worn out her welcome at the DNC?; The Dems' kabuki street theater of "hiding from Obama"; and the growing Islamic Caliphate Includes America.
Join Denise as she chats with early childhood education expert/advocate, Michelle Figlar, on practical ways parents and caregivers can foster learning in children ages 0-5. Michelle also encourages parents to advocate for their children's education early on and gives specific steps and resources on how to be your child's voice. Michelle is the executive director of The Pittsburgh Association for the Education of Young Children (PAEYC), an affiliate of The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). For more information, please visit http://www.paeyc.org/ and http://www.prekforpa.org/
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (83 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (78 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- HOV Radio (17 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (10 chatters)
- SHRAonair (10 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (10 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (9 chatters)
- churchfolk (9 chatters)
- Fins Radio (8 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (7 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- NCI Radio (6 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (5 chatters)
- OSU free choice learning (5 chatters)
- FFToolbox (5 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (5 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (4 chatters)
- SpiritMessages (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (3 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (3 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (3 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (3 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (2 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- KayleeJackson (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (2 chatters)
- YPI Consultants LLC (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN MAGAZINE (1 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- coachtmb (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- BishopJD (1 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (0 chatters)
- Tanya Angelique Show (0 chatters)