SORT BY Relevancy
Local governments' use of broadband to improve communication and operations is one of the two main pillars in the financial sustainability model of community broadband networks, wrote host Craig Settles in his first book on the subject. Stakeholders need to pay more attention to this pillar.
The Institute for Local Self Reliance (ILSR) recently released a Public Savings Fact Sheet that spells out in dollars and sense how specific local governments in Florida, Ohio, Virginia and several other states used broadband to significantly cut costs. Christopher Mitchell, a Director with ILSR, joins us to discuss some of these projects.
Mitchell provides assessments of how these various communities identified operational areas broadband could impact. He also offers pointers for listeners who want to replicate some of these successes.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (31 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (28 chatters)
- churchfolk (14 chatters)
- Robert Phoenix (12 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (10 chatters)
- Southern Sense Is Conservative (6 chatters)
- Music Friday (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- George Gomond Radio (2 chatters)
- Alzheimers Speaks Radio (2 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (1 chatters)
- CAST OUT DEMONS (1 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (1 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (1 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (1 chatters)
- Breaking Your Silence Now1 (0 chatters)
- BucketofPucks (0 chatters)