SORT BY Relevancy
Women have been conditioned to search for the perfect man who will fulfill the dream of a white dress, a diamond ring, 2.5 kids, and a house in the ’burbs. There is pressure from family, friends and the media! Nowhere in this fairy tale is there anything about falling in love with the one you can’t live without—and having fun doing it!
Thank goodness Dating Coach and Author Marina Sbrochi is here to share the honest, straight forward advice to help you stop looking for a ‘husband’ and find the love of your life!
Marina, born in Ohio and a graduate of The Ohio State University, is a forever Buckeye. She’s also the IPPY Award winning author of Stop Looking for a Husband: Find the Love of Your Life. Marina writes positive divorce advice for the Huffington Post, and she is a dating coach in Dallas, Texas.
Marina loves to connect, so please reach out to her via her website, Twitter, and Facebook.
Katherine Center is the author of four bittersweet comic novels about love and family, including The Bright Side of Disaster, Everyone Is Beautiful, and Get Lucky. Her newest book, The Lost Husband–which Kirkus Reviews calls “heart-rending and heartwarming” and Bookfinds calls “sweet, smart, and inspiring”– goes on sale May 7, 2013.
Episode 41 - How Do You "Submit" to Your Husband in 2013?
As a Christian woman, you are probably familiar with the scripture that says, "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands." [Ephesians 5:22 or Colossians 3:18
And being a Christian woman in the year 2013, you are probably repelled by the word "submit" because it denotes weakness, authority over you and helplessness and a bunch of other things you DON'T want to be...and you feel like pulling your hair out!!
But what does God REALLY mean by "submit" to your husband and how do you do that in the year 2013 with all of your independence and yet still please God?
Contrary to popular belief, there are still MANY great, single, professional, black men out here seeking a wives. Unfortunately, many of those same men were at one point in their life, huge players...otherwise known as male hoes. Tune into "Keeping it Real Fridays" on "The Dedan Tolbert Show" TONIGHT at 9:00pm EST as we discuss the process of "Turning a HOE into a Husband". Listen 7 nights a week by calling 646 200 0366 or online worldwide at www.dedantolbertshow.com
Join The Gist of Freedom as we continue Reading William Still's book, The Underground Railroad published in 1871!
The bleeding heart of the husband resolved to escape at all hazards, taking with him a daguerreotype likeness of his wife which he happened to have on hand, and a lock of hair from her head, and from each of the children, as mementoes of his unbounded (though sundered) affection for them.
After crossing the river, his wet clothing freezing to him, he rode all night, a distance of about forty miles. In the morning he left his faithful horse tied to a fence, quite broken down. He then commenced his dreary journey on foot—cold and hungry—in a strange place, where it was quite unsafe to make known his condition and wants. Thus for a day or two, without food or shelter, he traveled until his feet were literally worn out, and in this condition he arrived at Harrisburg, where he found friends. Passing over many of the interesting incidents on the road, suffice it to say, he arrived safely in this city, on New Year's night, 1857, about two hours before day break (the telegraph having announced his coming from Harrisburg), having been a week on the way.
The night he arrived was very cold; besides, the Underground train, that morning, was about three hours behind time; in waiting for it, entirely out in the cold, a member of the Vigilance Committee thought he was frosted. But when he
It may seem hard to believe...but the reality is that some of the best fathers, husbands and overall great men were once some of the biggest male whores. Tune into "Keeping it Real Fridays" on "The Dedan Tolbert Show" TONIGHT at 9:00pm EST for a rebroadcast of my special on "How turn a Hoe into a Husband". To listen to one of my highest rated shows ever, call 646 200 0366 or listen online worldwide at www.dedantolbertshow.com
Hello everyone, This past weekend, Kimberley Hart and Andre` Ogburn join hands in matrimony. I thought this archive show would be fitting for this special occasion. The question is, Are husbands head over the wife? Are they equal? Who is the real boss? Some of these questions will be brought up and explained during this segment. But, be on the look out for a part 2 to this topic.
This show we will continue to explore the attack of the enemy and help through the word of God to combat it.
We almost always talk about the importance of keeping our eyes on Jesus and being aware of our own shortcomings and imperfections. However, we do need to be faithful to pray for our husband WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE. Not that we should think that we’ve “arrived” or have it all together, but in humility, knowing that we have a responsibility to cover him in prayer so that we are a blessing to him in every way possible. While many have written wonderful books and compiled great
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (102 chatters)
- Yada (33 chatters)
- The Portal (20 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (19 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (18 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (14 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- Kel of RFB with Tim Burton (12 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (10 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Prophetess Theresa (6 chatters)
- The Mind Blowing Tanna Alonza Show (5 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (5 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (5 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (4 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- YusefEL (4 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (3 chatters)
- WWCRHost (3 chatters)
- reactionariez (3 chatters)
- Straitway (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (3 chatters)
- Awareness Changes Truth (3 chatters)
- CrossRoads Radio (2 chatters)
- History Guys (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Gospel Till Sundown (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (2 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (1 chatters)
- Sports on Tap (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (1 chatters)
- swakradio (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- The EvanXMiller Report (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Omni Media Tribe Network (1 chatters)
- Paul Lawrence Vann (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (1 chatters)
- 63630 (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Endless Encouragement (1 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (1 chatters)
- Road to Redemption Ministries (0 chatters)