SORT BY Relevancy
As a former caregiver to another adult and a single parent raising two young sons with autism, Michele-Marie Roberts understands the problems well; but after a particularly disastrous date, she decided to take matters into her own hands. The result is WAVELENGTH dating, http://wavelengthdating.com, a dating website that makes it easy for people like her to meet other singles on their same wavelength.
Michele-Marie will offer tips and suggestions to help you feel comfortable and confident as you date during your caregiving experience.
"In the course of a day..."
"Every caregiver has been there: completely stressed, at our wits' end, wanting to scream or laugh or cry (or all three). And while it's nice to imagine that there's some magic way to make all that tension vanish, caregivers know better. Caregiving is stressful, day in and day out. There's no quick and easy cure for that." (quoted from Caring.com.Caregiving and Stress, May 28,2013)
Thank You for joining us today on 'Be A Healthy Caregiver' hosted by Chris MacLellan, 'The Bow-Tie-Guy' on Blog Talk Radio!
Today's Guest: Nate Purpura from eHealth, Inc.
Today's Topic: The Financial Struggles in Caregiving
There is an estimated 44 million working family Caregivers in the United States today. Recent studies also indicate that due to time off of work, Caregivers can expect to lose wages totaling over $140,000! According to eHealth Insurance, about one-third of adults who provide unpaid care for their elderly parents say they'll have to use their own retirement savings to help their parents financially.
Our guest today, Nate Purpura, is the Director of Public Relations for eHealthmedicare.com and eHealthinsurance.com - division of eHealth, Inc has spent the last decade working in the health care and insurance industries.
Having a grasp of finances is a critical component to Caregiving, but at times, an area that can be left unattended.
Through our conversation with Nate, we will learn why Caregivers often struggle with finances, along with gaining some helpful tips to make this area of our Caregiving journey less stressful so that we can all 'Be A Healthy Caregiver!'
What's it like to face and manage decisions during caegiving? Trish, who cares for her brother, and Chris, who cares for his partner, join Denise for a discussion about decisions during caregiving. Trish and Chris both blog on CareGiving.com.
Trish also edits our CareGifters book series; our lastest book in the series is the recently-released Decisions. Trish and Chris also will discuss their contributions to the Decisions book.
"In the course of a day..."
"Every caregiver has been there: completely stressed, at our wits' end, wanting to scream or laugh or cry (or all three). And while it's nice to imagine that there's some magic way to make all that tension vanish, caregivers know better. Caregiving is stressful, day in and day out. There's no quick and easy cure for that." (quoted from Caring.com. Caregiving and Stress, May 28,2013)
Caregiving and Stress
What Can a Caregiver Do to De-Stress? A day in the life...
Interview with Dallas and Shelly Shephard
Their son Austin was hit in the head with a baseball at age 10. Now we hear the story of the 10 year journey...
in Self Help
There are different ways of expressing grief. In her ground breaking work, Eleanor describes the act of providing care to chronically ill family members as an expression of grief. Eleanor took the styles of instrumental and intuitive grieving originally devised for death related circumstances and applied them into the caregiving experience, especially in dealing with progressive and chronic conditions.
In this episode, Dr. Ken Doka, a leading expert in thanatology and grief counseling is Eleanor's guest, speaking about the instrumental style of grieving that he was involved in developing and writing about as co-author of the (2000) book Men Don't Cry, Women Do: Transcending Gender Stereotypes of Grief and then the (revised 2010) book Grieving Beyond Gender: Understanding the Ways Men and Women Mourn .
Eleanor applied these styles and other grief models intended for death related circumstances to family caregivers in her 2007 article Introducing the 3-A Grief Intervention Model for Dementia Caregivers:: Acknowledge, Assess, Assist.
Further information can be found on the website www.eleanorsilverberg.com
in Self Help
Everyone, regardless of gender, marital status or sexual orientation, can have an Innerwife, Innerhusband or both. Find out more with host Chad Hunter. In sickness and in health? Join host Chad Hunter and Special Guest Denise M. Brown as they discuss caregiving and its impact on relationships! For your copy of Chad Hunter's "Love Life, Ultimate Strife, How-To Lists from the Innerwife" please go to https://www.createspace.com/3454233
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (70 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (60 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (38 chatters)
- R3belution Radio (35 chatters)
- AlimBey (32 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- BC Motocross Weekly (19 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (18 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (18 chatters)
- Alis MEN Radio (17 chatters)
- Love Productions (14 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (13 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (12 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (12 chatters)
- All Riders Radio (12 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (12 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (10 chatters)
- Dave in the City (10 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (10 chatters)
- 20 20 Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Attracting the Light (9 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- realsidemedia1 (9 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (8 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (8 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- We Are Wrestling LIVE Break Down (7 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (7 chatters)
- 12kyle (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (6 chatters)
- Billy D Online (6 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (6 chatters)
- Sh Moore (5 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (5 chatters)
- Horn Sports (5 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (5 chatters)
- The URC Show (5 chatters)
- The Neo Soul Show (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- Sack Heads Radio Show (4 chatters)
- UCLA Football (4 chatters)
- The Stew Radio (4 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (4 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (3 chatters)
- The Pit Bull Advocate (3 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- David Jerry Wes (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Price Entertainment (2 chatters)
- Sisters Real Talk (2 chatters)
- RHeart (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- MoodSwings (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Pilates Progressions Program (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Coachjeanna (1 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Tarra Jackson (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- Uncensored MMA Online Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Unseen World (1 chatters)
- Nerdy Black Chicks Talk Radio (0 chatters)