SORT BY Relevancy
In today's episode, Dr. Ken Weizer discusses one of those words we don't want to hear from our doctor - "Hospice." But is hospice something we should fear? Does it mean the end? Dr. Ken says it isn't. Join him as he discusses the "service of hospice" for the living and the dying.
Camille Adair is a registered nurse, filmmaker and entrepreneur. After the 2008 premier of her documentary film, "Solace: Wisdom of the Dying", Camille completed the Solace Teachings, a documentary series with accompanying training materials focused on end of life, hospice and palliative care. The Solace Teachings are an excellent tool for healthcare organizations, community groups and anyone wanting to deepen their understanding of death and dying. Based on her career in
Tonights broadcast deals with a very emotional time for most everyone. It's what I like to call, "The last great adventure." I recently saw a quote the I felt was so appropriate to discuss what hospice is. "Hospice doesn't help you die as much as it helps you finish living." (author unknown) When the end of the life cycle is near, choosing a hospice is often uncharted territory for most of us. Tonight my guest is the owner of a local hospice agency.
Barbara Phillips is a business coach and consultant to nurse practitioners who want to start their own medical practice business. We will ask her how the Nurse Practitioner medical practice industry is faring under the new healthcare laws and regulations and what the future looks like for advanced practice clinicians.
Leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle might sound easy, but when push comes to shove juggling your career and your personal life can be extremely difficult. A career in the healthcare profession can be especially challenging, and so preventing yourself from burning out is crucial.
In this episode our host Anthony Figliola sits down with Christine O'Grady, a Registered Nurse and mother, to discuss the challenges of juggling a career and running a family, while keeping up with the rigors of the medical profession.
Christine O'Grady, RN
Christine O'Grady has been a Registered Nurse for over 12 years whose focus has been critical care in the areas of neurology and cardiology. After having worked in some one of the highest pressured hospital systems in New York, Christine was recruited to join a major medical device company, to work in their Cardiac division assisting physicians in the implementation of cardiac devices.
Christine received her Bachelor’s of Science degree from the Stony Brook University, New York, one of the nation’s leading institutions for science and health research.
Ava Rokop, owner of Rokop Legal Nurse Consultants will be joining us to discuss her work with attorneys as a medical authority to help them save time, money and as a conduit to win more of their cases. She is a Registered Nurse with more than 30 years of medical, clinical and administrative experience. Holding a Masters of Science in Business Administration as well as a B.S. in Nursing, Ms. Rokop is a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC) and is also licensed as a Registered N
Your host and author, Viyahta interviews a guest with a amazing journey of overcoming cancer. David M. Raines was given over to Hospice Care twice but Divine intervention and help guided him to a place of healing from self-hatred and an abusive history. He is currently thriving on a raw food diet and educating many about self-care and The Creator's natural pharmacy.
Very honored to have Ellen Kamhi as my guest. She has been involved in Natural Medicine since 1973. She directed a program in Ethnobotany, attended Rutgers and Cornell Universities, sat on the Panel of Traditional Medicine at Columbia Presbyterian Medical School, and is a Medical School Instructor, where she teaches Botanical Pharmacology.
Ellen was nominated for the March of Dimes, Woman of Distinction, 2004 and received the J.G. Gallimore award for research in science. A respected authority in the field of natural healing, Dr. Kamhi is a professional member of the American Herbalist Guild (AHG), is nationally board certified as a holistic nurse (a-HNC), and works to bring together a body of modern and ancient practices and philosophies that use less invasive, less toxic, natural techniques to enhance wellness.
Dr. Kamhi is the author of several books, hosts radio shows daily, and is on the Peer Review board of many journals, including Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine.
Dr. Katherine Goldberg founded Whole Animal Veterinary Hospice with a mission to provide home-based, bond-centered veterinary care with a focus on geriatric support and hospice services. It is Dr. Goldberg’s belief that our relationships with animals are particularly poignant during end of life care. Her belief in the importance of whole body care rather than symptom-specific treatment is an underlying philosophy of the entire practice. She is the founder of the Veterinary Society for Ho
RawManRaines aka David Raines is back to continue the discussion on Hospice, Hatred and History. The Phone lines are open(215-383-5863) for questions and we'll find out more about your host, Viyahta's experience with Hospice. Other topics will include why a living/raw food lifestyle is the best survival tool for our toxic environment and denatured food. David's website: www.gods-farmacy.com Viyahta's website: www.holistichomeandbodycare.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (20 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (20 chatters)
- BeverlyD (15 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (14 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (13 chatters)
- KAS1 (9 chatters)
- Michael Tatlock (6 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- AskROTObaseball Livecast (4 chatters)
- Chris and Duane (3 chatters)
- Amateur Sports Talk (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- FD2B Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- NatureofReality (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- The Christian View (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (2 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (2 chatters)
- Angels Guides and Holly (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Dance Chat (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- Average Intelligence (1 chatters)
- Diversity Rules LIVE Radio (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- Writestream (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- SUCCESS FOR YOU RADIO (1 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- nXphase Records (1 chatters)
- OSU freeXchoice learning (0 chatters)
- prophetrodney (0 chatters)
- Writing Royalty (0 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (0 chatters)
- 63705 (0 chatters)