SORT BY Relevancy
In today's episode, Dr. Ken Weizer discusses one of those words we don't want to hear from our doctor - "Hospice." But is hospice something we should fear? Does it mean the end? Dr. Ken says it isn't. Join him as he discusses the "service of hospice" for the living and the dying.
On this episode of Talk2theAnimalsRadio, Dr. Karen Randall, DVM, owner of Solace Veterinary Hospice LLC, located in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, specializes is hospice care and answers common questions people have about hospice and animals. Shaman Rose De Dan, owner at Wild Reiki and Shamanic Healing LLC, shares a message from Master Teacher Windwalker, a now deceased cougar. You’ll hear from our animal guest as well as get tips on how you can communicate with animals.
This show is brought to you in part by Talk2theAnimalsRadio sponsors Animal History Museum, Cedar Breeze Consultants, Simply Numbers - Not Just Another Bean Counter, Flowering Hills Flower Essences and Ame Jo Hughes, Intuitive Artist. Be sure to visit their sites!
Be sure to visit the NEW Talk2theAnimalsBlog which, by the way, is now available on Kindle. Subscribe now! Join our Talk2theAnimals community on Facebook.
Healthcare Whisperer welcomes a mother, Diane Roof and daughter, Jen Hashisaki caregiver team to the show to discuss their journey into the world of hospice.
This story began when Diane's mother fell, was hospitalized and went to rehab. Neither Diane or Jen, ever thought the fall would bring them face to face with the need for hospice services. It was a journey filled with much anguish and misinformation. During this time, they needed to learn how to navigate the healthcare system to ensure their loved one was getting the best care.
Tune in to find out how these amazing care giving team fought for the best possible care, learned how to ask the right questions and insisted on having hospice involved. This is one show you won't want to miss.
Your host and author, Viyahta interviews a guest with a amazing journey of overcoming cancer. David M. Raines was given over to Hospice Care twice but Divine intervention and help guided him to a place of healing from self-hatred and an abusive history. He is currently thriving on a raw food diet and educating many about self-care and The Creator's natural pharmacy.
Special guests, Sheila Himmel and Fran Smith, both award winning writers who have written extensively about health care in America for publications such as O, The Oprah Magazine, Redbook, Good Housekeeping, New York Times, USA Today, and The Washington Post, appear LIVE on A Fine Time for Healing to discuss the hospice movement and take your calls.
Fran and Sheila demystify the common misconceptions about hospice being a last resort place we go to die, but rather a way to live--the best hope for peaceful dying well and living fully until we do. They present the hospice movement as a philosophy of deeper respect for the spiritual dimensions of life and the transition to whatever comes next.
After sharing their feelings about the experiences of losing their fathers in a close period of time, these two friends co-authored the book, Changing the Way We Die: Compassionate End of Life Care and the Hospice Movement.The purpose of their book is "to lift hospice out of the shadows; to explore how its compassionate holistic approach is changing the way Americans dies and how its principles can be integrated in health care broadly, to improve care for everyone."
For more information about these special guests and their wonderfully eye opening book, please visit http://www.changingthewaywedie.com.
RawManRaines aka David Raines is back to continue the discussion on Hospice, Hatred and History. The Phone lines are open(215-383-5863) for questions and we'll find out more about your host, Viyahta's experience with Hospice. Other topics will include why a living/raw food lifestyle is the best survival tool for our toxic environment and denatured food.
David's website: www.gods-farmacy.com
Viyahta's website: www.holistichomeandbodycare.com
Dr. Katherine Goldberg founded Whole Animal Veterinary Hospice with a mission to provide home-based, bond-centered veterinary care with a focus on geriatric support and hospice services. It is Dr. Goldberg’s belief that our relationships with animals are particularly poignant during end of life care. Her belief in the importance of whole body care rather than symptom-specific treatment is an underlying philosophy of the entire practice.
She is the founder of the Veterinary Society for Hospice & Palliative Care with her close friend & colleague, Dr. Page Yaxley of Michigan State University. This is the only professional veterinary organization dedicated to the advancement of hospice & palliative care, and is laying the groundwork for recognition as a boarded veterinary specialty.
Join us as we discuss end-of-life decision-making and care for animals, a critical topic that all pet parents will face at some point. Dr. Goldberg will explain what hospice care is and how it can help make this emotional time easier for you and your animal companion.
Join us in the Tripawds Live Chat during the show or call in with your questions!
See One Minute Promo: http://youtu.be/6r-JsKNrIUM
Hospice is a medically directed supportive service for patients with a life limiting illness and their families. The goal is to provide a continuation of care, which offers patients choices for enhancing the opportunities for completing their lives with dignity, purpose and peace.
This week on Business Talk, we will be featuring Brenda Evans, RN with the SOMC Hospice on Wednesday June 25, 2014, at 1:00 in the afternoon on our Internet OSU-RIO Radio and Channel 17 TV program.
Brenda will discuss:
What is HOSPICE?
Who is Eligible for Hospice Care?
How are Referrals Made
In-Patient and Out-Patient Services
Hospice has become an important part of today's health care system. When the hope for cure is no longer realistic, Hospice seeks to discover ways to add quality and life to the remaining days.
Join us for a GREAT SHOW!
For a complete listing, see: http://southcenters.osu.edu/small-business/business-talk
See us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theosurio
Rouse Ministries Broadcasting & Communications Online Radio Shows - The Pastor J. Rouse Show & Wright On Point.
- Marching To A Different Drum Beat/Dare To Be Different - Continued;
- Christian Charities/Missions of Hope;
- Special Guest Daun-Te and musical service for God and charities..;
- Convoy of Hope;
- Godly Inspiration and music;
- More New music...;
- International Events and Happenings;
- Birthday Shout Outs, Church Shout Outs, Special Anniversary Shouts, Upcoming Rouse Ministries Events, International Christian Events and Happenings and much much more......
Hospice Care has been around for a long time and yet people are shy to talk about the subject. Marilyn Graves is an RN and a long time hospice care provider, she will enlighten us on the many benifts of this gentle and loving philosophy that offers amazing support to patients and their families in a time of their life when it is so desperately needed. Skilled hospice workers can make this most difficult time much easier on the patient and the family.
Shirley Gutkowski will try to find out the misconceptions related to hospice care and also find out the many positives when hospice is done right. Hospice care is a way to add dignity and love at a time when patients and their families are the most vulnerable. Tune in to listen and learn about this very special way to get the most life out of all your days.
http://www.nhpco.org/ National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
https://www.hpna.org Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association
http://www.dyingwell.org/ about author Dr. Ira Byock, a great advocate for patient and family rights
http://www.npr.org/programs/death/ Exploring Death in America- NPR programs
Host: Shirely Gutkowski
Producer: Laurie Samuels
Guest: Michael DaSalvio, gay Catholic who runs hospice for people dying from AIDS. Michael has been an activist since the 1980's.
Grief talk with Audrey brings you experts in the fields of death and dying, grief and loss, hope and healing and those who have themselves been on their own grief journey, to share their experiences and skills to help my listeners.
There's a quiet revolution happening in the way we die. Almost half of all Americans now die in hospice care, often at home, and a vast industry has sprung up to meet the growing demands.
More than 76 million baby boomers are starting to turn 65 and 97% of Americans want to be better informed about end-of-life care. Join me and my guests Fran Smith and Sheila Himmel, authors of Changing The Way We Die: Compassionate End-of-Life Care and the Hospice movement, as they share their personal stories of loss and end-of-life choices. http://changingthewaywedie.com/hospice/
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (31 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (13 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (9 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (9 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (8 chatters)
- Omega Man (8 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (8 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (7 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (7 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- SHRAonair (6 chatters)
- 63289 (6 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (5 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (5 chatters)
- TimBinnall (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Fins Radio (4 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (4 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (3 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (3 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (3 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (3 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (2 chatters)
- Midwest LSA Expo 2014 (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (2 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Abundant Living1 (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (1 chatters)
- DiandraSmithXHall (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- ParaAnne (1 chatters)
- PASOS (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Microsoft Princess Insider (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Stephanie Hill Williams (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (0 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (0 chatters)