SORT BY Relevancy
Doug Miles and Pete "The Prophet" talk about the NHL at the midway point of the shortened season, the Blackhawks streak, Rangers fans nervous about their team, the woes of the Islanders, Rick DiPietro's contract, the proposed realignment and more. Also, Pete gives his thoughts on the state of horseracing and lack of coverage leading up to the Derby Prep races.
Host Derek Simon and Ed DeRosa of Brisnet.com analyzed the latest Kentucky Derby preps, as well as the controversial non-disqualification of Will Take Charge in the Oaklawn Handicap.
In the U. of Bet segment, Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz and Derek discuss great handicapping theories and Dave gives his opinion on “bias” — and how it relates to the Run for the Roses.
Ed DeRosa makes his triumphant return and discusses Keeneland’s proposed switch from Polytrack to dirt, as well as California Chrome’s rise to Kentucky Derby prominence. He also offers to book host Derek Simon’s proposed bet against Wise Dan in Friday’s Maker’s Mile.
In the U. of Bet segment, Roger LeBlanc, author of the “The Lazy Bettor's Guide to the Kentucky Derby: 3 Easy Angles” is back to give his thoughts on the top Kentucky Derby prep races and contenders.
Lastly, in the Handicapping segment, Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz drops by to give his opinion on various handicapping topics.
Join Eddie the Hat every Thursday morning to kick off the racing week starting at 7:30 a.m. (PT) for Backstretch Chatter. The Hat will discuss Southern California horse racing from handicapping angles to Southern California horse racing news. When available, Eddie the Hat will feature guests but callers are welcomed to call in during the show to ask questions regarding the Southern California racing scene. If you would like to call in to participate call us at 213.559.8021 or you may email a question to us at http://firstname.lastname@example.org to be answered on air. Backstretch Chatter is brought to you each week by http://www.horseracing-selections.com Thanks for tuning in and good luck at the races!
Host Derek Simon details the status of top Kentucky Derby contender Shared Belief and opines on a Freudian slip made by Meadowlands driver Joe Bongiorno.
In the U. of Bet segment, Roger LeBlanc drops by to talk about his new book “The Lazy Bettor’s Guide to the Kentucky Derby,” which noted handicapping author Mark Cramer called “revolutionary.”
Lastly, Derek and Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz discuss jockey’s not trying, Todd Sloan, race conditions and the state of horse racing in general.
Derek Simon of TwinSpires.com and Ed DeRosa of Brisnet.com recap the Big ‘Cap and San Felipe Stakes, as well as the OBS Sales and pedigree handicapping. In the U. of Bet segment, Brian Zipse, managing editor of Horse Racing Nation, drops by to chat about the Kentucky Derby and give his thoughts on the top contenders and top pretenders for America’s greatest horse race. Lastly, in the Handicapping segment, Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz opines on track
Derek Simon and Ed DeRosa recap last weekend’s Fountain of Youth and Risen Star Stakes. Was Wildcat Red’s gutty win simply a product of the Gulfstream Park track bias? Did Intense Holiday’s win at Fair Grounds flatter Cairo Prince and Honor Code? In the U. of Bet segment, Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz and Derek discuss letting go of the destructive emotions that can lead otherwise successful players to ruin. And, lastly, in the Handicapping seg
In the News & Notes segment, Derek Simon and Ed DeRosa recap the Eclipse Awards and discuss the new reality show "Horseplayers." In the U. of Bet segment, Derek and Dave Schwartz give their opinions on what constitutes a track bias, how one can be spotted and, most importantly, what to do about it.
Ed DeRosa makes his triumphant return in the News & Notes segment, as he and host Derek Simon discuss the infamous Nov. 29 race at Yonkers Raceway, as well as the Eclipse Awards. In the U. of Bet segment, Derek and Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz talk about “red-boarding” (the act of listing winning plays after the fact). Is it just an exercise in ego or a potential learning tool? Lastly, in the Handicapping segment, Derek relates the career of rec
Join Host Live Chats
- The Finding Relisha Radio Show (25 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (23 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (22 chatters)
- reactionariez (19 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (17 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (14 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- Lou and Yana Pisano (7 chatters)
- Ministry Of Agriculture (6 chatters)
- i am free will (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- Gracie DeBrock (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (3 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (2 chatters)
- EYICHRIST (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (2 chatters)
- We Built That Network (2 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (2 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 2 (1 chatters)
- REAL TALK LIVE 216 (1 chatters)
- Scottscope (1 chatters)
- Champion Talk (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Prayer International (1 chatters)
- KRBN News Talk (1 chatters)