SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Present Moment Parenting we discuss unschooling and homeschooling your children. My guest, Courtney Ward, is a mother and business owner who uses a combination of unschooling and homeschooling to educate her daughter, Nim. She joins me in a discussion on why she made this choice for her daughter, what homeschooling and unschooling mean, and the benefits and challenges of both approaches.
If you are homeschooling or unschooling your child and would like some tips and ideas from someone who is doing it successfully, or if you are frustrated with the schooling system and considering one of these approaches, then listen in. This is a fun, enlightening conversation on some quite unconventional ways of educating our kids in a way that empowers them and prepares them for a changing world.
Tonight on Think Tank we'll be joined by two YouTubing Dads - Joffre Swait and Jay the Straightshooter - to talk about why they homeschool their kids.
Why do you people homeschool their kids? Is the government doing a poor job of providing education? What are the advantages of homeschooling? Will kids become better and more well-rounded individuals? What types of harmful social movements are kids exposed to in public/private schools?
Joffre Swait was the second homeschooler to be accepted to the University of Florida nearly 20 years ago. Today he and his wife homeschool all four of their school-age children. He is a contributor at http://kuyperian.com. He also hosts his own blog at http://joffrethegiant.blogspot.com
Jay the Straightshooter hosts a Youtube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/jawara105
We'll also be talking about the new movie Her, which is a combination of a MGTOW's dream and a societal and evolutional nightmare.
Join Kevin & Karen as they interview local father/daughter atheists Mark & Bethany Cunningham on what were the challenges on raising kids and growing up with a secular world view in England and in Canada.
Karen puts a new spin on this day in history
more fun with another brilliant moment brought to you by religion
this episode was pre-recorded
As Child Mental Health Counselors and Play Therapists we have heard many parents wonder about their child lying. It’s concerning, disappointing, sometimes embarrassing and even infuriating when our children lie. With over 25 combined years in children’s mental health we have some ideas we want to share with you about why children lie and what you can do when they do. We also will be talking about some things you can do to minimize this behavior in your kids. In this show will cover several strategies that can help you help your children to become Freakishly Well Behaved kids. This episode will focus on lying.
Author, Professor, Mental Health Counselor, Play Therapist, International Speaker, & Mom-- Dr. Mullen has learned from the thousands of children she has worked with insights and actions necessary for parenting that will lead to the behavior and attitude changes you are looking for with your children.
If you are willing to learn, listen, grow, and work hard at this, your results will be nothing short of miraculous! You can have Freakishly Well Behaved Kids too! Remember to check out NAUGHTY NO MORE an activity book to help kids make better decisions. When kids feel good, they behave that way!
Cooking and your kids!
This week on Productive Play Debi Dutton and Elissa Sungar are going to discuss the importance cooking has in the development of young children. Join them Wednesday, July 16th at 10amPT/1pmET and LIVE on your time in archive and enjoy some specific cooking activities and tips to encorage learning while in the kitchen with your child or students.
Debi and Elissa are the founders of If Not You, Who.org - a free website offering over 300 activities that prepare your child for kindergarten. They are here monthly sharing ideas and information to make Productive Play time with your children, so join us on Word of Mom Radio - the show for Mompreneurs.
Thanks to our show sponsors Angelic Comfort and Safety First Bags. Meet them and all our sponsors in our Mompreneur Marketplace.
Be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, join The Word of Mom Network and email email@example.com for information on how to become part of our growing network.
Word of Mom Radio - sharing the wisdom of women.
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - we've done it all with kids and had a lot of fun along the way.
Mark and Kally have been married for 27 years and have 7 kids. From the very beginning they have traveled all over the world and the United States with their kids. Along the way they have learned some great tips to make traveling fun and adventerous for all. And they will share with you some funny stories. If you are planning a trip, listen up for great tips and no electronic babysitters involved here.
Travel is a wonderful to way to connect with your kids and gain a greater appreciation for the world around you.
We own Indigo Mountain: Wellness, Toys & Gifts in Safford, AZ.
Find us on the internet at www.wellnessandtoys.com or keep up with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/indigomountain
Our family went from the sick care life style and industry to our Wellness Lifestyle. Our passion is to help you Get Real and bridge the gap to a joy-filled passionate life with good health and vitality. Get real information, wellness tips, and health care products. Get real toys that inspire creativity and imagination.
Tune into The Drop Night Show Tuesday July 1st, 2014 at 9:00pm EST. Our Topic is "WHEN SHOULD YOU HAVE THE SEX TALK WITH YOUR KIDS"
The Drop also brings you a Mid Show Mix by our own Dj Megaskills!! Like any other show.. You don’t want to miss this!!
The Drops goal is to give our listeners head bobbing music, saucy topics and exclusive interviews. The Drop supports Indie Artist and Entrepreneurs so if you’d like your music played or business advertised on the show send your contact info, short bio and track to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us On www.twitter.com/dropnightshow
Follow Us On www.facebook.com/Thedropnightshow and Like Our Fan Page
Follow Us On www.instagram.com/Thedropnightshow
Thank you for Supporting The Drop!
Join us as we talk about how important it is to have your child do something this summer. Educational and physical activities should be on their "to do" list. And of course we will get into 1 or 2 hot topics from our Facebook group, Visual Thoghts.
Join us as we talk to Bliss Coulter, Program Director of the HEAL program at The Parenting Center. Bliss will give us ideas on how to reconnect with your kids this summer without breaking the bank.
ABOUT PLAID FOR WOMEN:
Plaid for Women radio is produced to give you information, advice and resources to be YOUR wise advisor. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals, gain influence, and be heard.
Every show, we are committed to bringing you new ideas and offering new ways of thinking to give you opportunities to change your thinking and change your life. You CAN live the life you've imagined!
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Bliss Coulter, M.S., Program Director
The Parenting Center
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- John Baptist (97 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (20 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (17 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (15 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (15 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (10 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (8 chatters)
- canadianglen (8 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (7 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (7 chatters)
- Quagmire America (7 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (5 chatters)
- DDP Radio (5 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Love Productions (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- illblogradio (2 chatters)
- Opulent Network (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (1 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (1 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Interface (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)