SORT BY Relevancy
Last week, Utah press reported that grandmother midwife Vickie Sorensen had been jailed and charged with manslaughter for a stillbirth or neonatal death that occurred in December 2012. The press reported that Vickie's home had been raided by armed police with cadaver dogs the year before, on an allegation that she was burying dead babies in her backyard. The press failed to mention that there were no dead babies in the backyard, and it failed to comment on the affect such a raid had on the Sorensen family, and the Utah midwifery community in general.
TODAY Gena will interview Human Rights in Childbirth founder Hermine Hayes-Klein and midwifery activist Katie McCall about the legal treatment of home birth midwives like Sorensen. How does the treatment of home birth midwives affect women's right to choose for home birth? What are the human rights implications of the difference between what doctors face after a bad maternity care outcome, and what midwives face?
Thank you for joining us today as we launch our show discussing this amazing movement. Please join us as we tap into the behind the scenes for Empowered Birth Awareness Week with Barbara Rivera.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (42 chatters)
- Jay King Network (12 chatters)
- Ring of Fire Ministries (12 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (11 chatters)
- 2 Regular Guys Talking Decoration (10 chatters)
- Angelically Inspired (10 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (8 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (2 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (2 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (2 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (2 chatters)
- Purposed 4 Godliness (2 chatters)
- Indie Books (1 chatters)
- Eron Ramadanov (1 chatters)
- Beyond Words Live (1 chatters)
- The Gridiron Studs Show (1 chatters)