SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Welcome to the award winning show “the Conversation” in its 4th year airing on Blog Talk Radio. This show features the brightest and most unique guests we can find. We offer a dose of positive energy to inspire, motivate and educate you our listeners. Welcome sit back and enjoy the show!
Hosts: Klarque Garrison and Michele Gilliam-Morrissey
Denise Stokes: Denise is an author, National Speaker and AIDS/HIV Advocate who will speak to us about why we should still care about the Worldwide crisis.
Harrine Freeman: author of "How to Get Out of Debt" and Financial Guru drops by to talk about how to use crowd funding to get your finances on track.
Vanessa Richardson: Playwright and founder of "The Certain Ones" Magazine is here to talk about her newest project "Love Redemption"
All this and more....
Just as the entertainment industry often recognizes ensemble casts, plays, and movies that are, collectively, greater than the sum of any individual performance, Desert AIDS Project honored a few remarkable films - and some fabulous individuals - at the February 8th, 2014, 20th Annual Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, including And the Band Played On, Boys on the Side, Philadelphia, andd How to Survive a Plague.
Veteran Entertainment Reporter and Actor Nicholas Snow, himself a Desert AIDS Project client, and guest co-host Kristin Johnson, bring you the the most comprehensive coverage of the event available online.
Join the New Nicholas Snow Live Facebook Group and follow @TheNicholasSnow on Twitter! To learn how to interact with Nicholas Snow Live, click here, and for everything Nicholas Snow, visit www.SnowbizNow.com.
As Director of Volunteer Services for AIDS Community Resources, Mary Doody has been active in the fight against the spread of AIDS for twenty-three years. She was instrumental in the evolution of the agency from start-up task force responding to the immediate needs of people dying with HIV/AIDS, to a nine-county state-funded service agency now called ACR Health and expanded their services to provide support to people with chronic illnesses. There were no AIDS survivors when Mary began her service in 1990. Now, with prevention and medication, HIV/AIDs has become a chronic illness and positive individuals regularly live into their 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s. During her tenure she and volunteers were instrumental developing and expanding supportive programming for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth in Syracuse(1998 – 2004), the Mohawk Valley (2001-2013) and Auburn as well as education to the community.
People across the world mourn the passengers of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, but HIV/AIDS Activists are particularly heart-broken at the loss of some of the world's leading researchers in the fight against the disease who were on that flight, enroute to the World AIDS Conference this week in Melbourne (AIDS 2014). In Hot Topics, Nicholas Snow honors the fallen, and in "The Interview", spotlights The Red Ribbon Army Facebook page with over 500,000 members.
In each episode of Nicholas Snow Live, Producer/Host Nicholas Snow focuses on "Connecting the Circuitry of Humanity." The presenting sponsor for this episode is Intervention 911, part of Ken Seeley Communities (Nicholas Snow Productions LLC is honored to also produce the podcast, Intervention 911 with Ken Seeley, available at this link.)
Twitter | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Instagram | Books | Official Website
Because February 7th, is the National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, the show of this week will address the Intersection of HIV/AIDS, Violence against Women and Girls, & Gender–Related Health Disparities.
Data support the need to address not only HIV/AIDS and IPV, but also their intersection:
- Most women living with HIV had experienced IPV
- Among women living with HIV/AIDS, trauma, abuse and violence are associated with less use of antiretroviral medication, decreased medication adherence, and increased risk of death
- HIV infection may trigger or augment physical violence, particularly against women
in Self Help
As an HIV/AIDS prevention advocate, here is an introduction to my nonprofit organization and to why this cause matters a great deal to me. I am an HIV- wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt and good friend to many, who understands that a person doesn't have to be HIV+ to help make a difference.
But until those in my community find thier voices and step up to play thier own individual roles in this fight against new HIV transmissions, particularly amongst our youth, I will be here working diligently with the folks at The Power of T.E.E.N.S., Inc. help bring an end to all human suffering cause by HIV & AIDS.
The HIV/AIDS epidemic is alive and well and if we ignore it now then we will only have to be prepared to deal with it later. According to the CDC, 1 in 5 don't realize that they are a carrier of the virus and it impacts our youth ages 14-24 in large numbers on an annual basis.
If you've never had to count off for any reason, then try it today. It's simple really. Just go to a local shopping center and count as people walk by. One..two..three..four..five. One..two..three..four..five. Your have just theoretically been in the presence of at least two people who are infected with HIV who don't know it! Now that you've had this practice, try counting off the people who are in your life on a daily basis. My question to you is with this knowledge, how can you chose to do nothing? Get tested and have conversations with your children and your family members about the impact of HIV & AIDS on our communities.
HIV has not been proven to exist, much less cause AIDS or any other disease. So says David Crowe, president of Rethinking AIDS, amd backed by some 3,000 scientists, physicians, science journailists and others, including top virologists and a Nobel Prize winner, Kary Mullis, who invented one of the procedures being used inappropriately to determine HIV "load."
An alternative view to the profit-driven unproven HIV hypothesis. What is HIV really? Has it been purified? What is AIDS? What really causes AIDS? What do we need to know about HIV testing? What do we need to know about drug treatments? Why is the Hip Hop community being targeted to get tested?
We had to do a two-part show to answer these questions. This is Part 1 of 2.
Interview by Richard Jannaccio and Chief69.
Note: The last sentence was cut off. We are trying to restore it. The response to the question was that there are numerous ways to interpret the test results. There are different HIV antibody tests produced by different companies, with different directions for interpreting the results in different countries. So if you go from one country to another, your HIV test result could change from positive to negative or vice versa. Or it could be judged "indeterminate" which means "we don't know." That's in addition to the fact that the test is not specific for antibodies to HIV. It is produced from a mixture of proteins of cultured cells and whatever may have been cultured with those cells.
A critical look and challenge of the unproven theories, discredited research claims, fabrications, manipulations, and unfulfilled predictions surrounding the HIV = AIDS hypothesis. After 30 years, the virus named HIV has not been proven to cause AIDS. Part 2of2 interview with David Crowe, president of Rethinking AIDS.
HIV N AIDS INFECTED AND AFFECTED FAMILIES
The church must see that the story of AIDS is not about epidemiology, economics, or statistics. Rather it is the story of pain, anguish, fear, and neglect.
Counseling is the second area of opportunity for the church to work with those infected with the HIV virus and AIDS. They and their families are in serious need.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (487 chatters)
- John Baptist (98 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (46 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (35 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (27 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (17 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (16 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (11 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (10 chatters)
- R2C2H2 Tha Artivist (10 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (9 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (9 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (9 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (8 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (8 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (8 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (7 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (7 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (7 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (6 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- sun752 (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- The Kennel Spotlight (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- chocmami (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (1 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (0 chatters)