SORT BY Relevancy
Join Cynthia of MoonMaid Botanicals, Vesna Plakanis of A Walk in the Woods and Elaine Miller who has a long history with the National Park Service, as they discuss the benefits of getting out in the woods. All are avid hikers and know a lot about the Smoky Mountains. This area is very diverse and world renowned for it's plant diversity. From wildflowers famous in the Spring, to the wide array of disiduous trees, traditional medicinal species, and wild herbs, the Smoky Mountains is a wonderland of plants of all kinds. Cynthia's land, MoonMaid's Medicinal Botanical Sanctuary, is a 5 acre gem dedicated to preserving, protecting and propagating native medicinal species, many of which are endangered. A member of United Plant Savers Native Plant Sanctuary network, the land is in the planning stages of expansion to include hiking trails, programs for children and building an Herb Cottage to further our teaching capabilities.
Brian will be hiking the AT for about 9 months. He is planning on leaving TOMORROW! Join us for one last look at the preparations including, health, some of the kids would love to go 9 months without having to bath, will he??? Then there are safety issues like protection from the wildlife, lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Asking questions about survival on a day-to-day basis and a last look at the journey pre-Appalacian Trail will set us up to stay with him throughout the hike.
Your Host BadGirl PollyAnna welcomes Ethan Jenkins. He is about to start his journey hiking the Appalachian Trail to bring awareness to Alzheimer's.IN LOVING MEMORY OF HIS GRANDMOTHER DOTTIE. One man's journey fueled by love & awareness for Alzheimers.
Tonight 8pm Pdt/10Cdt/11Est
CALL IN: (646) 716-6137 LET'S TALK!
Krystal and Janella have been following the journey of a man on a mission to hike the entire Appallachain Trail in memory of his beloved grammy, Dottie, whom he lost to Alzhiemer's. He decided hiking the famous trail would be a great way to raise awareness for the disease and he was right. Ethan raised $10,000 for the cause!!!! We're honored to call him friend, humbled by his perseverance, and absolutely proud to introduce to our fans, ETHAN JENKINS @hikingfordottie
We're taking all calls! 347-857-3663
With just over a week to go we catch up with Brian Caskey in Tennessee as he prepares for his hike across the Appalachian Trail. 187 Miles to Springer Mountain he's hoping for warmer weather by the time he arrives for the March 2 departure date.
After hitting the trail on Marh 1st, it's been just over 2 months since Brian has been on the Appalachian Trail. Between spotty cell connection and weather it looks like we'll finally be talking to Brian Caskey and seeing what his journey has been like after covering @700 miles.
Now approaching the northernmost area of Virginia, the journey of self-discovery has led Brian to meet many wonderful individuals and learn more about himself. Join us as we check in and see what's been happening.
While you're listening be sure to check out the pictures and see the evidence of spring arriving along the trail.
Join Hiking4Wellness as we talk about the never ending holiday goodies and how you can burn off those unwanted calories by enjoying hiking trails around LA. And yes, in one of the most traffic congested areas of our nation there are plenty of places to get away!
Moreover, Hiking4Wellness gives you an opportunity to raise the global awareness of how traumas affect our lives and the peace of mind attained through reconnecting with the outdoors.
The goal of Hiking4Wellness is to raise the awareness of childhood traumas which can lead to PTSD and addictions in our adult lives when left unprocessed. We address the awareness in several ways: (1) by finding healthy ways to live life. Including: improved diets and exercise, (2) by education people how how our bodies have the ability to heal itself, (3) by helping people find natural supplements, plants, and essential oils to meet their bodies needs, and (4) by raising money to offset the out of pocket expense for individuals who need to attend Wellness Center to overcome PTSD, trauma, and addiction by having pledge drives when we hike the major hiking trails if the US.
Steve Kopelman has ideas for leadership teams and outdoor adventures. So where's the money in this?
Guest host Amy Theriault interviews www.groovyoutdoors.us host Kevin Lee McIver on hiking and camping in the Last Frontier. Over the course of the last year, Amy and Kevin have trekked throughout the Juneau area and have some great stories to tell about the realities of recreating in southeast Alaska. Call in and join the discussion.
Today numerologist Ed Peterson talked with author and avid hiker Bill Walker (aka Skywalker).
[Interview begins at the 01:30 mark (after the music intro)]
his website: http://skywalker-pct.com/
his Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Walker/e/B004YPVNZ8/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1385608949&sr=8-1
follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Skywalkerpct
like him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/billwalkerauthor
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (136 chatters)
- John Baptist (75 chatters)
- Channel Panel (75 chatters)
- in5d (70 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (69 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (23 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (15 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (14 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (13 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (12 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- thedean (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (8 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (7 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (6 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (5 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- George Ramirez (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (3 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (3 chatters)
- Dr Fred (3 chatters)
- canadianglen (3 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (3 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- DDP Radio (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (1 chatters)
- Chillz33 (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- No Turning Back (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (0 chatters)