SORT BY Relevancy
On today’s show, we will be discussing the legacy novelist, short story writer, and poet from the American renaissance period, Herman Melville. He is best known for his 1851 novel Moby Dick, also known as The Whale.
This Thursday, October 22nd, 2015 at 3 p.m. PST on MetalSmith BenchTalk, we'll be going back into the archives for one of our favorite past episodes- a chat from 2012 with artist and jeweler Tom Herman of Seven Fingers Jewelers.
About: Since he was a boy, Tom Herman has been an artist. In 1982, he channeled his artistic talents into his new business, Seven Fingers Jewelers, named for his own handprint after having lost three fingers as a child in a Minnesota farming accident. Over the last 30 years, Tom has become a master jewelry maker, renowned for his talents at working with precious stones, metal carving, and unique designs.
Tom’s timeless pieces are inspired by organic forms and geometric balance. In designs that centerpiece precious stones, Tom begins by searching through piles of opals, agates, or other precious materials to find unique stones that, in his words, “are able to take on a greater meaning”. With this vision, Tom cuts each stone and frames it in a way to bring out its natural beauty.
Not all Tom’s pieces focus on precious stones; his precious metal carving is spectacular enough to stand alone. Some of his most popular carvings, including laurel, oak, and ginkgo leaves, have been rendered in earrings, rings, cufflinks, brooches, and bracelets. Throughout his work, Tom has cultivated his talents and created pieces of art that will be worn and admired for many generations to come.
For more information about Tom and his work, visit http://www.sevenfingers.com.
Dear Friends & Family of The Know Show w/ Rev. Mc,
This Wednesday, October 14, 2015, from 7-8pm, C.S.T., we welcome back one of your favorites, Ms. Laurel Herman, whose brand new book, “The Blissed Out Chef” was released today! Laurel says, “The power we possess to affect our lives and the lives of others (through food) is a vast and untapped resource. This power is found in anticipating the needs of others. By being there with a gentle touch, and a warm smile, while looking into someone’s eyes, (and sharing a delectable tasty treat) we communicate at the soul level!” You may join us by calling in on 347.838.9142 and pressing 1 or on line using this link:
Laurel’s web site, www.theinnerkitchen.com says, “When food becomes intentional and nutritional, you can unlock its medicinal qualities!” Laurel Herman, and The Inner Kitchen is about transforming how you view your food and ultimately yourself to heal the body, mind, and spirit. Whether you are a vegetarian, AIP, Paleo or gluten-free, this site weaves a thought-provoking look at how humans address their own beliefs and feed their whole body.”
You may learn more about Laurel Herman by visiting her web site: www.theinnerkitchen.com and you may also purchase her book at the website address. Remember to call in on 347.838.9142, and press 1 to ask a question or make a comment.
Create A Great Day!
Love, Peace and Joy! Unspeakable Joy!
JOIN BROTHER UMOJA FOR ANOTHER GREAT SHOW AS HE AND HIS CO-HOST WELCOME THEIR SPECIAL GUEST.
1) THE ART OF OBAH WITH CO-HOST SISTER NICOLE BROOKS LIVE FROM CANADA
2) HEALTH ZONE WITH SISTER EDNA WARREN
3) HARAMBEE TABLE WITH AUTHOR DR. GLENVILLE ASHBY
4) FINDING YOUR HAPPY WITH SISTER KIMBERLY WILLIAMS
IT THE 3RD TUESDAY OF THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2015 AND ITS TIME FOR DR. WALLS AND FRIENDS. TONIGHT DR. WALLS GUEST ARE.
1) MAYOR FRANK DEESE OF MARSHVILLE, NC. AUTHOR OF THE BOOK "FROM INMATE TO MAYOR"
2) SISTER LOVELY ST. AIME JOSEPH CALLING IN FROM ST. LUCIA
3) GLOBAL HEALING SEGMENT WITH CO-HOST SISTER XY LAW LIVE FROM ST.LUCIA. THE FIRST GUEST WILL BE AUTHOR SISTER EMBAHRA MAAT TALKING ABOUT HER NEW BOOK "HIDDEN BY MOONLIGHT" (http://hiddenbymoonlight.com/). THE SECOND GUEST IS SISTER SABRINA NUNN THE FOUNDER OF ALOPECIA AREATA.
The Rush is a podcast brought to you by SB Nation and MinerRush.com, with Alex Nicolas and Anthony Salom talking all things UTEP and Conference USA sports.
This week we will talk about the quarterback situation with Mack Leftwich going out, and Ryan Metz back at the helm at starter. UTEP Is very depleted at a number of positions, we look at what is going on with the current state of the depth chart.
The UTEP hockey team is off to a great start in the infancy of the program, we talk to head coach Tom Herman about UTEP's latest club sport
UTEP basketball continues their early portion of the out of conference schedule this Saturday against Texas State. We look back at the season opening win, and take a futher look at the depth UTEP will have.
We'll also look at some early C-USA basketball outcomes, and as always run down the C-USA Football Power Rankings.
Show starts at 5:30 p.m. Mountain Time, and we always encourage your interaction via our call in number 347-934-0951, here in the comment thread, or @ us on Twitter, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN THE SPEAKING TO HARMONY FAMILY AS WE JOIN HANDS WITH OUR FAMILY IN DOMINICA FOR OUR MONTHLY SHOW WITH 94.5 VIBES FM. THIS MONTH TOPIC IS THE WEALTH AND HEALTH OF YOUR TEMPLE. JOINING BROTHER ED UMOJA ARE
1) MS. EDNA WARREN (https://www.facebook.com/edna.s.warren?fref=ts)
2) VEGAN BODYBUILDER MR. TORRE WASHINGTON (https://www.facebook.com/TorreWashingtonOfficial/?fref=ts)
3) MS. RAIN TRUTH (www.TheCulturedVegan.com)
THE RADIO VOICE FOR THE ORGANIZATION "SPEAKING TO HARMONY". OUR GUEST TO NIGHT ARE
1) KI MOUN OU YE WITH CO-HOST TRACEY PIERRE
2) FILM INDUSTRY IN TANZANIA WITH CO-HOST BROTHER ELISHA THOMPSON
3) HARAMBEE TABLE
4) P.EO.P.L.E. WITH ADRIENNE RACKLEY
Soul Progressive Sundays - This week we will discuss:
Yes your child too can be like good ole' Christopher Columbus
ALEC, the big brother of Legislation
Why you should Boycott Black Friday, Cyber Monday and holiday shopping
Soul speaks with community leaders Sondra Young & Herman Muhammad about the Boycott
and much more...
Hosted by Marti Oakley and Debbie Dahmer
Guest will be: Carole Herman- - President and Founder of FATE -Foundation on Aiding the Elderly, blogs in the Huffington Post.
Discussion first hour will be the FS 400.0238 Punitive Damage Limitations and FS 400.0239 Quality of Long Term Care Facility Improvement Trust Fund. The Estate of George A. Dahmer aka Former Pro Wrestler Chief White Owl Wrongful Death's Case- Plantiff's wife mandated to pay 50% of Punitive Damages to Agency for Health Care Administration for Quality of Long Term Care Facility Improvement Trust Fund. Family was not notified until 7 years later. No Jurors, Family members, or anyone in court room was notified of the Civil Money Penalty Projects back in a Jury Trail in Nov-2012. Nursing Homes can apply for Grants to improve their care facilities. States that are included in CMS- Centers for Medicare & Medicade Services Grants are Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Foundation Aiding the Elderly (FATE) is a Sacramento, California based 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation whose objective is to serve as a voice for patients and to bring about national reforms and enforcement of the laws governing the nursing home industry and its regulatory agencies in order to assure proper care, civil rights and meaningful, dignified life for the elderly in long-term care facilities.
Comedian Mike Boyle hosts The Mike Boyle Show. Helfgott aka The Stalker will help out.
We will have a great discussion about some issues and have a great time.
Outstanding Florida Comedian Herman Nazworth will be joining me. You will adore this Comic Genius I know I do! Come join us.
Heman and I will make you laugh, Helfgott will piss me off,...it's all good people.
See you there!!!!!
JOIN US TONIGHT FOR ANOTHER GEART NIGHT OF CONVERSATION ON SPEAKING TO HARMONY THE RADIO VOICE FOR THE ORGANIZATION "SISTERS IN HARMONY". OUR GUEST TONIGHT IS
1) CO-HOST JACINTH SUTPHIN WITH HER NEW SEGMENT, HER SPECIAL GUEST TONIGHT IS NAH-TARSHA CHERRY
2) WESTERN LEGENDS: YESTERDAY AND TODAY WITH CO-HOST LIZ LAWLESS. HER SPECIAL GUEST TONIGHT IS MR. ABE MORRIS
3) LIGHTS, CAMERA, HARMONY WITH CO-HOST KHALIL MAASI, WITH HIS SPECIAL GUEST MR. RAYMOND SPENCER
Join Host Live Chats
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (14 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (13 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- TimBinnall (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Lash Addict Radio (3 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (3 chatters)
- Bikers of America (3 chatters)
- Deborah Nazemi (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- The Night Time Fiasco (2 chatters)
- BevNat OnlineRadio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- HomeTeam (2 chatters)
- R-I-G-H-T MIND RADIO (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- HoneySoul (1 chatters)
- INCITE (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- BlockStar Radio (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (0 chatters)
- Go-Rilla Warfare Radio (0 chatters)