SORT BY Relevancy
Hepatitis C affects 3 million people in the United States every year. About 25% of people living with HIV are also living with hepatitis C. It affects the most marginalized people in the US: the poor, people of color, incarcerated people. The pills to cure it are the most expensive drugs in human history. Getting these drugs into people's hands are harder than ever. No matter which way you slice it, hepatitis C is a complex problem to solve, and incredibly hard to live with.
This episode will featured Ed Barron and Kevin Maloney, two HIV-positive men who have also been living with hepatitis C, who will share their experiences with both viruses.
In 2002 while living in Hawaii, Darnella Allen was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. She had moved there to care for her nine year old granddaughter while her daughter was in Afghanistan. Darnella says that even though she had been ministering and teaching on the healing power of the Holy Spirit, and even though she has strong faith in the power of prayer and scripture and the laying on of hands for healing, this new information shook her to her core. Darnella reports that this became a wilderness experience. During this time her faith and her relationship with God reached an intensity that she had never experienced. She became involved in advocating for a cure for Hepatitis C She found the only Hepatitis C support group on the island, a. She was led to the top Hepatitis specialist on the island, even though she had no insurance. As a result of her illness, a passion to educate and advocate was birthed. After returning to the mainland she founded LEAPS; Liver Education Advocacy & Prevention Services. L.E.A.P.S. mission is to educate and advocate for those infected with and affected by liver disease. She has lobbied in Washington for better medications for those affected by Hepatitis C. In the past, the medications were ineffective on people of color. Darnella says that she began to petition God to send a cure in her life time, and God has answered the prayers of Darnella and thousands of others. There are new cures being offered almost monthly that are having amazing cure rates. LEAPS is now directed to changing the pricing laws of medications. What good is medication if the people that need it can't afford it?
Darnella's mission is to increase peoples faith as they deal with the realities of illness. Darnella knows through personal experience that "weeping may endure for a night, but joy does come in the morning".
Did you know that, according to the Centers for Disease Control, Hepatitis B is 100 times more infectious than HIV? Have you heard that as many as one in five Americans have genital herpes, a lifelong (but manageable) infection, butup to 90 percent of those with herpes don't even know they have it?
At 8p ET/7p CT dial 347-850-8486 as Root Cause Radio's Listeners' Choice Show shares how you can protect your health and overcome these viruses via the all-natural ionization process simple changes to your diet.
Featured Guest: Dr. Charlie Abbott, DOM, Dipl. Ac., LSym
www.RootCauseRadio.com - Sharing the Secrets of Optimal Health
Saturday is fun day! Join C and Heebz as we have some fun tonight, take your calls, discuss music, movies, sports and more! UFC 187 preview! NBA playoff discussions! Call in!!!!
Join Kevin, Karen and Nancy as they take a look at the site C dam hydro project with Common Sense Canadian editor Damien Gillis. Do we really need the power? Is it as green as they say? Will there no be several economic benefits to it?
Let's take a skeptical look at the site C dam.
Nancy brings us more of This Day in History.
We acknowledge the racial problem in the US with the Charlston tragedy
and we wish you all a happy fathers' day
Common Sense Canadian web page:http://commonsensecanadian.ca/
This episode was pre-recorded
I'm your host
Author C. Michelle Atkins;
She has been through many storms in her life. Her parents divorced when she was very young, and that has in some ways shaped who she is today. She was in emotionally and physically abusive marriages, but through it all has triumphed to becoming a business woman and author. She is a Financial Coach with Primerica Financial Services and author of "Tales from My Life, not the Crypt..."
Tonight our guest will be Dominatrix Mistress C. Now if you've never met Mistress C she is beautiful . We'll be asking all your sexy questions.
We're gonna sit back and just have a talk about the industry and get real nasty.
This is show you don't want to miss
Join Ms. V and James every Tuesday when you never know what they will talk about. It's like ease dropping on a private conversation about sex. They do mix it up with the listeners and guest chimming in, but you never know what these two will say. Join the conversation at 646-716-804
Also we'll be discussing up coming adult events in the industy and public and radio apperances we'll be making.
This is a all new V's After Dark that you don't want to miss.
DEBATE - Kaja Lowe VS Dennis C. Latham
His FaceBook page is
Actually FaceBook Post is
Here's The Blog
On this edition of The C. Nathaniel Brown Show, we welcome actors Blue Kimble and Reece Odum, stars of the film, The Wish. The will talk about the Atlanta premiere, their roles and their acting careers. Also stopping by is Author Corey Carter, who will be discussing her book, Daddy's Playbook, which help fathers understand the importance of being involved in their daughters' lives. Join the discussion at 646-787-1799.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (108 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (53 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (27 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (27 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (18 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (15 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (10 chatters)
- Witch School (10 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (8 chatters)
- GeoengineeringWatch News Hour (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- American Statesman (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- E3 Radio (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- The Advise Show (4 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (4 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- The Mecca James Show (4 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (3 chatters)
- Its The Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Euphoric Network Media (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The 110 Nation Sports SHow (1 chatters)
- Social Change Action Network (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Brower Report (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)