SORT BY Relevancy
Compassion is a key motivator of altruistic behavior, but little is known about individuals’ capacity to cultivate compassion through training.
Now, through a recent scientific study, we've learned that it's possible to become a more compassionate person by training your brain.
Researchers from the Center for Investigating Healthy Minds at the University of Wisconson-Madison's Waisman Center found that engaging in compassion meditation -- where you practice feeling compassion for different groups of people, including yourself -- seemed to increase a sense of altruism.
"It's kind of like weight training," study researcher Helen Weng, a graduate student in clinical psychology at the university, said in a statement. "Using this systematic approach, we found that people can actually build up their compassion 'muscle' and respond to others' suffering with care and a desire to help."
Helen Weng is our guest this week on the Voice of Leadership, sharing more about this study and our ability to become more compassionate human beings.
Join world renowned Psychic Medium Lisa Williams as she looks at how to recognize signs from our loved ones during the holidays.
During this broadcast, Dr. Trevicia Williams continues to talk about mental health in light of National Mental Health Wellness week. Today, she will talk lessons from Amanda Bynes: When Celebrity Mental Health Turns, mental health through the lens of wome, stigmas associated with taking medication and how people can help themselves and loved ones who are experiencing problems.
Dr. Williams' guest is Judith Marie Rudderham. You'll get to know more about her and discover a health and wellness business that helps you achieve balance, success and create space in your life for self matters.
A week from now is National Mental Health Wellness Week. In light of that and actor/comedian Wayne Brady opening up about his battle with depression which lead to a complete breakdown, psychologist, Dr. Trevicia Williams will talk about the topic including myths and the associated stigma. Entertainment Tonight interviewed Wayne and he's deserves respect and support for being courageous enough to talk about it. Hopefully more men will open up about the subject so that tragedies like Robin Williams' suicide can be prevented.
One of the reasons for depression is the stress associated with trying to live up to the expectations of others and foregoing personal priorities like taking care of self. Dr. Williams' guest, Patti Cuevas of Plexus, will talk about ways people can have more flexibility in their schedule so that they will have more time to take care of self and spend more time with important folk in their lives.
Spiritual Counseling by Minister Cynthia Marie Williams tells it like it is ...
Spiritual Counseling by Minister Cynthia Marie Williams
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (146 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (51 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- NTEB (28 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- HOV Radio (18 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (18 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (17 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Xtreme Fantasy Football XFF Radio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (4 chatters)
- LoveYvetteMarie (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (3 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (3 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Black Geeks (3 chatters)
- Geek Pile X Creative Geek Show (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)