SORT BY Relevancy
Why should I make healthy food choices?
Eating a healthy, balanced diet provides nutrients to your body. These nutrients give you energy and keep your heart beating, your brain active, and your muscles working.
Nutrients also help build and strengthen bones, muscles, and tendons and also regulate body processes, such as blood pressure.
Good nutrition can lower your risk of developing a range of chronic diseases. For example, eating more fruit and vegetables can help lower blood pressure and may lower your risk of certain types of cancer (such as colorectal, breast, lung and prostate cancer). Eating less saturated fat may also lower your risk of heart disease.
Healthy eating can also help people that already have some types of disease or illness such as diabetes, high cholesterol and blood pressure. And, of course, improving your eating habits will contribute to you achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Try to achieve a balance with the foods you eat and include lots of variety and remember, all things in moderation.
Our bodies are a temple where our souls reside. Keeping our bodies healthy helps our spirits, but keeping a healthy soul is essencial to a healthy life. Negativity attracts negativity, while a possitive attitude will definetely help you lead a better, happier life. On this show we will talk about getting rid of all the physical and meltal trash we tend to accumulate. We will also share a couple of easy, healthy recipes to help keep our body healthy so it is a worthy vessel to our soul. Get ready to call with your questions, comments, and suggestions.
How do you support a healthy metabolism? The process of metabolism establishes the rate at which we burn our calories and, ultimately, how quickly we gain weight or how easily we lose it. Although some factors affecting metabolic rate, like age and genetics, can’t be changed, there are ways to maximize your metabolism.
One important part of metabolism is how many calories you burn while at rest. Did you know that eating breakfast to “break the fast” can increase your metabolism by as much as 10%? Start your day with the less-processed whole grain nutrition of Great Grains Protein Blend to help jumpstart your metabolism.**
Did you know that protein generally requires about 25% more energy to digest? Because protein takes longer to break down than fat and carbohydrate, the body uses more energy to digest protein and this helps you burn more calories. As a good source of protein, Great Grains Protein Blend can actually help enhance your metabolism!**
Tonight we will be discussing current events, sports, and entertainment. The week in review. Also those tasty holiday recipes ALL THINGS YUMMY! We will have a couple of ladies on our show who will share some of their down home goodness with our listeners. Don’t forget it’s the First Tuesday of the month which means its relationship Tuesday. I have a listener who is in crisis. Also is there ever a time in which we should be competing for our love interest? Hmmm all this and more. Tune in Tuesday Night @7:30pm EST to Real Talk All the Time. 100% Real unpolished and unrehearsed real talk for real people.
So many are afraid to eat fat. There is so much controversy and confusion over the role fat plays in one’s health, and especially heart health. As a result, many avoid fats all together. Together with our guest, Sylvia Klinger, RDN (Hispanic Nutrition) and food consultant, co-host Stacey Antine, RDN (HealthBarn USA) author of Appetite for Life, we will walk through the good fats and explain why and how we all need to eat it to develop and maintain a strong, functional cardiovascular system. Get excited about enjoying foods, such as avocados and almonds as we share irresistible heart healthy recipes your whole family will love!
Today award-winning television host, popular plant-based cookbook author and vegan chef Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes the Simple Daily Recipes founder, Jill McKeever to talk about tips for cooking and serving the veggies and fruits of late summer! Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites, Laura Theodore’s newest cookbook, is now available wherever fine books are sold along with her popular book: Jazzy Vegetarian, Lively Vegan Cuisine That’s Easy and Delicious. Watch Jazzy Vegetarian on the CREATE Channel all across the country. After watching the life-changing documentary, "Forks Over Knives," Jill decided she didn’t want to grow old with poor health and living on prescription medications, so she he adopted a whole food, plant-based diet, dropped 30 pounds and gained energy. With her new, lifestyle, McKeever started a YouTube channel for recipe makeovers. Her newest venture is Whole Food Plant Geek, which includes interviews from plant-based nutrition experts and nationally known chefs to gain more insight on the benefits of eating plant-based.
Have you ever thought of Dehydrated Foods as being your answer to delicious, healthy, easy to store, budget saving meals? Our guest for this week’s Family Food Experts Kitchen show, Chef Jenny Ross, author of Simply Dehydrated, owner and executive chef of the living-foods restaurants “118 Degrees” in CA, is a master of turning dehydrated fruits and vegetables into delectable wraps, breads, desserts recipes and so much more. She will share the need-to-know tips on choosing a dehydrator that best suits you. Plus she will address common questions about how to shop and prep produce, as well as dehydrate it for the perfect texture. From a breakfast Easy Granola, to a Coconut Crisp Bread and Strawberry Wrap, Chef Jenny Ross will fill you up with family-friendly, yummy, healthy recipes.
It may not surprise anyone that a 20-ounce bottle of soda can contain anywhere from 15 to 22 teaspoons of sugar per serving, but sugar is also lurking in less obvious places. The USDA’s Dietary Guidelines suggest no more than 10 teaspoons a day of added sugar, but if you’re not paying attention, those spoonfuls can add up fast. Here are 5 sources of sugar found in seemingly healthy choices.
Bottled Salad Dressings
Many brands of balsamic vinaigrette have the equivalent of 1 teaspoon of sugar per serving (and a serving is only 2 tablespoons). French and Thousand Island style dressings are just as bad, if not worse. The solution: Make your own.
Read more at: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2014/02/05/5-surprisingly-sugary-foods/?oc=linkback
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com, for Big Blend Radio’s CHAMPAGNE SUNDAYS variety entertainment show, airing live from the Historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, AZ.
- Writer, rancher, horseman, conservationist Richard C. Collins will discuss his book “Riding Behind the Padre: Horseback Views from Both Sides of the Border.”
- Rose Chat Radio hosts and rosarians Chris VanCleave & Teresa Byinton will tell us what it was like judging the Biltmore International Rose Trials.
- Herbalist Cynthia Johnston of MoonMaid Botanicals will talk about the health benefits of Calendula.
- Lisa Grey, author of the Pink Kitchen Cookbook series will share healthy summer party recipes and tips.
- Pat Morgan will discuss her book “The Concrete Killing Fields: One Woman’s Battle to Break the Cycle of Homelessness.”
What is comfort food? We all have our definition and favorites. Some give us mental comfort but have no physical benefits. Others give us that warm and fuzzy feeling and are positively nutrient packed. Our guest, Tracee, RDN (Real Food Moms, Chef and Author) has her list of healthy comfort foods kids love. Together with co-host, Carolina Jantac, RDN (Kid Kritics Approved) we will narrow them down to five of the best and fill you up with great recipes. If you love comfort food and want the best for your family, you will want to listen to this show! Have your iPad or iPhone ready to take notes. Recipes!
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (90 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (65 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (63 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (44 chatters)
- NTEB (33 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (22 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (20 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (19 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (18 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (16 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (15 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (13 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (12 chatters)
- Fins Radio (9 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (8 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Chatting with Sherri (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (6 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (6 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (6 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- TimBinnall (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Talk2Q (5 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (5 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (5 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (4 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (4 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (4 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (4 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (4 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (3 chatters)
- antoinette harrell (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (2 chatters)
- HomeTeam (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- DocVaj2 (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BleachBANGSc (1 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (0 chatters)