SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight we discuss elitism and the HBCU. What are perceptions between state supported and private HBCUs? How do we create classes on HBCU campuses between organizations, geographic, economic and academic lines?
And we round out the discussion with a look at elitism between PWIs and HBCUs. Do they always look down at each other, and if so, will there ever be a change?
We talk with Prairie View A&M SGA President Priscilla Barbour about her successful campaign for the university to host a voting site, follow up with perspectives and outcomes from HBCU Week in Washington D.C., and finish with a look ahead to prominent presidential vacancies.
We discuss the major issues that impact HBCU leadership, finances and enrollment. How do you create lasting solutions for problems with varying cultural and social elements? Is it possible for all historically black colleges to achieve and grow, or will some have to close for everyone to get the big picture?
We talk with Philander Smith President Dr. Walter Kimbrough, and Alcorn State President Dr. M. Christopher Brown about the benefits and challenges of being a younger HBCU president and the contemporary role of their institutions. We also talk HBCU football with Greg Scott, Founder and CEO of Cover 3 Football.
We discuss media framing of two major HBCU headlines in this coming week - Howard Homecoming and the closing arguments of the HBCU Equity Lawsuit in Maryland.
We talk with HBCU Bowl Director of Operations Russell Clark about this weekend's second annual HBCU All-Star game, and speak with Shaw University athletic director Alonza Carter.
We also have a discussion on the value of the Sheridan Broadcast Network HBCU football polls.
We talk with Howard University alumnus and candidate for US Congress Clyde Williams about politics, community activism and how HBCUs fit in to the discussion. We also talk recent developments in funding cuts to HBCUs, and how HBCU stakeholders can influence the political process in support of our institutions.
We discuss hazing and the HBCU in the aftermath of controversy surrounding the death of FAMU Marching 100 Drum Major Robert Champion.
This edition of Digest Radio is commercial free.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (47 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (11 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (10 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (8 chatters)
- RampageRadio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (2 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (2 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- IMTM Worldwide Radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- New Hope Radio (1 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)