SORT BY Relevancy
Sometimes we can’t make the time to attend the 8-week GYST Workshop. That’s why we decided to head out of town, roll up our sleeves, and get to work! The GYST Weekend Workshop Retreat is an intensive workshop held on the beautiful Central Coast in Pescadero, California. Similar to our 8-week class, this retreat is for anyone who is looking to kick-start their art career, get organized, and learn just about everything it takes to make it in the art world. Tuition: $480 for a we
Sign up For GYST200: Advanced Critique Mondays October 1 – November 12 from 7-9PM Location: The Los Angeles area at enrolled artists’ studios Cost: $280 Register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org About The Class: This is an exclusive class for students who have already taken the GYST workshop and/or students who evidence an emerging practice and want to delve in-depth into the conceptual issues informing their work. This class will equip you with advanced skills needed to speak articulate
The NEXT Getting Your Sh*t Together 8 Week Workshop THE BASICS: Duration: Fall 2012, Mondays (7pm - 9:00pm) October 1 - November 12, 2012. Armory Center for the Arts in Pasadena Tuition: $250 includes a copy of the GYST software (a $130 value). Contact: Tucker Neel, GYST Vice-President tucker (at) gyst-ink.com INFORMATION ABOUT THE WORKSHOP: Created by artist, curator, and legendary CalArts professor Karen Atkinson, Getting Your Sh*t Together (GYST) is the often-imitated workshop for emerging
We are glad you are tuning in! What are we up to? What is this? Do you have to listen? Yes. And you can here, on itunes, through our Facebook Page, or follow us on twitter. TWITTER: twitter.com/GYSTRadio FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/GYST-Radio/183661511664080
If you are anywhere in the LA area and are looking to kick-start your art career, get organized, and learn just about everything it takes to make it in the art world, then this class is just what you've been looking for. Learn how to make things happen for your career and get one-on-one feedback from leading LA critics, curators, and gallery owners. Duration: Mondays (7pm - 9:30pm) Sept. 26 - Nov. 7 + Critic/Curator Review Sunday Nov. 13 (10am-2pm) Location: Center for the Arts, Eagle Ro
Artist Marc Pally is an expert in the field of public art, having curated, planned and managed dozens of nationally recoginzed projects. He is the Artistic Director of GLOW, Santa Monica, which in three installments has become one of the largest and most popular one-night art events in California, and beyond.
GLOW is an all-night cultural experience featuring original commissions by international artists that re-imagine Santa Monica Beach as a playground for thoughtful and participatory artworks. The 2013 event took place on September 28 and attracted hundreds of thousands of visitors.
GYST radio host Kara Tomé worked on GLOW as the Project Coordinator for CalArts Community Arts Partnership's contributions to the event, including Lead Artist (and GYST founder) Karen Atkinson's interactive video piece.
Kara talks to Marc about his career in public art and they reflect on the experiece and success of GLOW.
Danielle Monet Morse speaks to us about making an investment into the PopUp movement in Chicago. It feels amazing after years of pop up galleries to have a permanent space. Almost 2,000 sq ft and 50 ft of storefront. The build our started on my new gallery space at 1655-59 Chicago Avenure. My studio will remain inthe same building just down the road from the new gallery, was the post on Facebook that Popped Up, on Oct 17th, 2013.
"I knew who Caravaggio and Rembrandt was before I could even spell my name. My mother was a full time artist, and my father an avid art collector who gave me my middle name, Monet. My father taught me how to collect at a very early age, and I purchased my first painting at the age of 11 with allowance that I had saved for two years. I have an art collection from all over the world that spans 28 years, and that I continute to grow."
"I have thankfully been surrounded by art my entire life."
I can make something from nothing which leads to my never being bored. I have never worked harder in my entire life than I have since starting to paint full time in 2008.
Guest: Sharsten Plenge, of We Open Art Houses (WOAH) a Los Angeles-based creative agency and idea hub transforming open spaces through ephemeral visionary projects since 2012.
WOAH envisions underutilized and off-the-grid spaces as opportunity for experimentation. A not-for-profit initiative and sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, WOAH works in tandem with artists, multimedia brands, and property owners to orient pedestrian activity and create experiential environments in unexpected places.
Hosted by Kara Tomé
Dan Godston, President and founder of Borderbend Arts Collective which mission is to promote the arts by giving artists opportunities to collaborate and show their work to a variety of audiences. Eighth Annual Chicago Calling Arts Festival - September 23 - October 12, involves artists, organizations, and communities from across the United States, and aboard. These collaborations include a range of art forms, collaborative projects, prepared or improvised, between Chicago and other locations.
Featured program "Ars in Natura, Urbs in Horto", Samuel A. Love, curator of artists, environmentalists, urban gardeners, activists and others involved with Grant Theater Project, in Gary Indiana, to celebrate and explore connections between nature, the arts, and urbanism. Here is an audio from the community discussion we did in Gary as part of Chicago Artists Month. http://www.borderbend.org/1/post/2013/10/ars-in-natura.html.
"Call it urban landscape candid portraiture from Street Level elevation, with a healthy dose of surrealism, I'm interested in illustrating the ways that narratives shape people's perception of a place."
Sam's current project is a survey of Gary, Indiana can be found on flicker.
Lisa McDonald, President and founder of Research Explorers has over twenty-five years of research, marketing and strategic planning experience, and has been a member of Diasporal Rhythms for eight years.
Diasporal Rhythms: A Ten Year Love Affair with Collecting Art of the African Diaspora: The group was founded in 2003, the organization hosts both public and private events, including home tours, exhibitions and other opportunities to build seeking to build knowledge about cultural value. Currently a regional organization a passionate group of collectors engaged in actively acquiring visual art created by contemporary artists of the African Diaspora.
Chicago Artists Month combines curated weekends with a non-juried program featuring more than 200 events throughout October including open house/open studio tours, neighborhood art walks, informal discussions, workshops and exhibitions, featuring Chicago-based artists and arts organizations.
In honor of Chicago Artists Month "In your neighborhood" theme we are inviting Chicago based arts organizers to "share their story." Today we speak with Patrica Larkin Green, Chair OpenWall Committee. The 47th Ward OpenWall sub-committee is launching a Popup Gallery initiative. Chicago Artists Month combines curated weekends with a non-juried program featuring more than 200 events throughout October. PatriciaLarkinGreen.com, OpenWall
Hosted by Alpha Bruton and Liza Simone
In celebration of Chicago Artists Month we are hosting a series of interviews with local community leaders. Today's interview is with Bill Moran, a member of the 47th Ward OpenWall Chicago and chair of the sub-committee project that is exploring the use of empty storefronts as pop-up galleries.
18th annual Chicago Artists Month (CAM), presented by the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs. This years theme is going "in the neighborhood." chicagoartistsmonth.org. billmoranstudios.com.
Hosted by Alpha Bruton and Liza Simone
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (418 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (149 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (72 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (41 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (40 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (21 chatters)
- KDCL Media (20 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (20 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (14 chatters)
- Puter Shack (13 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (11 chatters)
- Omega Man (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (10 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (10 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (8 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (8 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- MCR Media Sports Talk Radio (7 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (7 chatters)
- Army Wife Network (7 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- FRNARadio (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Kraze Radio (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- Rapid Fire Resistance Radio (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD BLOG (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- BioXIndividualized Medicine (3 chatters)
- The hour of truth0 (3 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (3 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- Straitway (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Become The Source (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (2 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (2 chatters)
- Timothy Burns (2 chatters)
- VertiKal Bistro (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- DOT COM RADIO1 (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- BNTL (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Talk 2 Me Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- The Express (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- SarahandSophia (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Mayhem Zone (1 chatters)