SORT BY Relevancy
in Pop Culture
Join me tonight as we experience, from multiple perspectives, the Betty's Neck Sighting in Lakeville Ma. We'll also talk about how you can become a part of the show. Listen, participate, and learn. Look forward to working with you, and thanks for listening!
Communities Digital News offers another lively hour of conversation featuring our writers, editors and guests. This week the recent Cantor loss and Cochran win shines a light on the GOP voter dilemna.
Also, a New York Federal Appeals court asked an atheist group to "better explain" how the "Ground Zero Cross" creates anguish to non-Christians and offer evidence as to why it should not be included in the 9/11 Memorial Museum.
Finally, where are we at legally with the Immigration saga? Will this, after Obamacare, the IRS, NSA and Fast & Furious Scandals, be the President's Waterloo?
Finding common ground to stand on with all the issues thrown our way!
Sierra Leone has become the center of the worst-ever outbreak of Ebola, which has instilled fear across West Africa and has spread to four countries. Join Empress T'Malkia Zuri & Kenya Jones for a special broadcast from Ground Zero with on location reports from Sierra Leone's resident and founder of the Black Star Action Network Ajamu Bandele Mensaray.
On a fateful day over a decade ago, two commercial airline flights were hijacked by terrorists and flown into the World Trade Center towers in New York City. Two days after the buildings fell on 9/11, as the dust and ash cleared and as torn and mangled bodies were pulled from the rubble, a worker at the site named Frank Silecchia discovered a peculiar object amidst the ruins.
The object was a 17-foot cross formed from two steel beams used in the construction of the World Trade Center. This cross became a symbol of hope in the days and weeks following the devastation of 9/11. It was one of the few parts of the towers that had not crumbled to bits or been incinerated and turned to ash as a result of the fiery explosions that accompanied the attacks.
As the cleanup effort continued around Ground Zero, this cross was placed on a pedestal on a plaza near the site of the attacks. Many people felt that its survival was providential, and it became a place where people prayed and left notes and messages of hope.
The Ground Zero Cross became the subject of much debate when plans for a September 11 Memorial Museum were put in motion. Several groups did not want the Christian symbol of the cross included in the memorial. However, in March 2013, a U.S. Court ruled that the Ground Zero Cross could be displayed as a part of the memorial. This week, the September 11 Memorial Museum opened in New York City, and the Ground Zero Cross is at the center of an underground gallery along with other monumental artifacts that survived the attacks.
Why is the symbol of the cross so powerful?
MUSICAL SELECTION: "Lead Me to the Cross" by Francesca Battistelli
In this show you’ll learn:
The 5 Rs to achieve zero waste in your home.
Why it is important to live a zero waste life.
How to encourage those around you to also live a zero waste life.
Background and Guest Information:
Environmental Protection Agency statistics indicate that American households collectively produced 243 million tons of trash in 2009, of which 82 million tons was composted or recycled.
Join Dr. Ritamarie and Bea Johnson as they discuss how reducing the amount of garbage we produce affects our health and the life we lead.
Bea Johnson shatters preconceptions about environmental living with passion, proving that zero waste can not only be “stylish”, but also lead to significant health benefits, plus time and money savings.
For additional tips and ideas, you can go to Bea’s blog. You can also purchase her book, “Zero Waste Home.”
Check out Dr. Ritamarie’s VITAL Health Community for additional resources on the role that food plays in your health and strategies for planning your meals for you to live your life full of energy and vitality.
This is Beyond the Airwaves: The Infinity Project, where we go beyond the mainstream media and tackle issues that don't seem so important to the major networks.
The school year has just barely started, and there are already crazy cases of zero tolerance policies gone awry again, from a high schooler in Memphis receiving an in-school suspension for simply saying "bless you" to a fellow student to a boy being arrested for writing a short story about using a gun to shoot an imaginary dinosaur. What is going on with all these crazy happenings with the schools enacting insane policies where even saying "bless you" could get someone in trouble? We get serious on this situation and then talk about other interesting topics for the day.
Ikari Chaos-San is the founder and creator. Shirley is truly the Oddball Extreme. Janet is our resident Arizona Magician. Tim is the Tokusatsu Master. Heather is Queen Kitty Serenity. MikeBoyens is our video game wizard. We'll also have appearances by our friends from the MAD HOUSE, so come and listen in!
Visit our official website at http://beyondtheairwaves.weebly.com and don't forget to join in the conversation on the forums located on our official website. We want you guys and gals, the fans, to tell us what's on your mind and what you feel is important to cover, so let us know what you want to hear.
**All sound effects are protected under fair use provisions and are NOT intended to create any copyright infringement.**
Scripture Text: Luke 4: 1-15
Key Verses: Luke 4:1-5
And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days He did eat nothing: and when they were ended, He afterward hungered.
And the devil said to Him, If You be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
And the devil, taking Him up into an high mountain, showed to Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Join us on Moorish Science Radio where we will have an indepth discussion on the situation in Ferguson and where do we move from here.
Where is the leadership in Ferguson?
Where are the leaders of the conscious community?
Whether the cop loses trial and the family gets justice, or the cops beat the case, what are the solutions after Ferguson?
Lets have a serious discussion tonight because reasonable minds must connect and lead our people forward.
Tonight: BLACK St. Louis: Then and Now" l A Native Son Reflects
Guests: Dr. Thabiti Lewis, Professor, Scholar and Author
MO State Senator Jamilah Nasheed and Director, A Better Life Community Center, James Clarke
"Transforming Truth to Power, One Broadcast At A Time"
In our 29th broadcast season, each week, OUR COMMON GROUND examines the issues, events and concerns of Black America. Our listeners, guests and callers propose and discuss solutions, ideas and notions of the critical issues facing our community so that " . . . it may Achieve itself". We present serious Black scholars, philosophers, thinkers, activists and grassroots leaders of our time. Informed and forward looking discourse in a safe sanctuary for "Black truth".
BROADCASTING BOLD BRAVE and BLACK
Follow Us on Twitter: @JaniceOCG #TalkthatMatters
Subscribe to our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OCGTALKRADIO
OCG Blog: http://www.ourcommongroundtalk.wordpress.com/
Common Ground Media presents another edition of The Otter Limits with host Steve Long.
Join us as Steve presents his autistic view of politics and pop culture and brings them to the internet waves!
Steve will be doing a little GOP bashing and talking a bit about the runoff elections in Oklahoma that happened a few weeks ago. He will also be talking a bit about voting for the lesser of two evils.
Steve's guest on the show this evening will be Priscilla Reem Khader, a member of the Oklahoma Liberty movement and a devout Muslim. We will be discussing topics such as ISIS and the relationship between the GOP and the Muslim community, particularly in Oklahoma since the "be wary of Muslim American" comment made by Oklahoma's own State Rep. John Bennett.
Come join in on the fun.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (86 chatters)
- The Portal (34 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (33 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (22 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (16 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- Straitway (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- Living Astrology (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (6 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (4 chatters)
- The War Room (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- CWA Radio (3 chatters)
- Elevate The Soul (3 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- LyricalForte (2 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (1 chatters)
- RevBarbara (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Out and About Town (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (0 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (0 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (0 chatters)