SORT BY Relevancy
With more and more people moving music libraries from their personal computers to the cloud, companies are adapting with new business models and courts are facing tough decisions on how to handle a new era of music sharing. Andrew Mirsky and Jake Kring, co-founder of event discovery engine GetSpontaneous.com, discuss how platforms like GrooveShark and Pandora work from both a business and legal standpoint, and how services like them create new challenges for artists, record labels, and consumers.
Tyler (@EveryTyler) permanently takes his spot as a co-host, reducing Solomon's duties by 50%. We talk to Bryan (@WhatBryan) from Austin, Texas and get his take on the wildfires. He also compares the hipsters in Austin to the hipsters in Portland, Oregon. Tyler and I take sides on several things, including Mac vs. PC, Spotify vs. Grooveshark, and Tyler talks about his new coffee thermus. *****We had some difficulties recording, so expect echoes in a few parts, and some very unnatural shifts in conversation, due to editing.*****
Interview with Mat Musto who is releasing his new EP Year of the Black Bear tomorrow (7/4) on Grooveshark & iTunes!
Ask Mat questions to be answered LIVE on air by stating your name, where you're from, and your question in the chat box.
**DO NOT CALL THE GUEST LINE NUMBER; IT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED***
SURadio is the radio counterpart to music webzine Straight Up Random (www.StraightUpRandom.com).
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (39 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (30 chatters)
- Authors On The Air Books (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (6 chatters)
- LifeScape Radio (6 chatters)
- NLPI RADIO USA KURT LOGSDON (5 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (3 chatters)
- CLASSROOM DNA (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)