SORT BY Relevancy
Theresa Wukusick, excuetive dircetor of the Health Path Foundation of Ohio joins Kim Cutlip to discuse Collaborative Grantmaking for the Betterment of the Community. ------------- The HealthPath Foundation of Ohio (HPF-Ohio) - was established in 1999 as a supporting organization of The Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF). The HPF-Ohio
in Self Help
Join Janis as she talks with Judy de Barros, Manager of The Seattle Foundation's esteemed Neighbor to Neighbor grassroots grantmaking program.
Janis and Judy are talking about how Neighbor to Neighbor has evolved over its twenty year history (partners, mechanics, and focus) and what is ahead. Judy is sharing insights about the benefits to both the foundation and the community that comes with a long-term "patient money" grantmaking approach - how small projects build to energizing people as active citizens and contribute to community vitality, well-being and justice.
CAF America CEO Ted Hart hosts this show LIVE FROM SINGAPORE with Chief Executive Director, CAF South East Asia Terrence Chee.
In just the last few years, CAF America has made nearly 1,500 grants totaling over $25 million to more than 250 charities in 17 countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
As the leader in global grantmaking, CAF America pays careful attention to the philanthropic sector and the changing needs its donors client.
As a result, on June 10, 2013 (the LIVE air date of this show) CAF America announces the launch of a major new service to enhance strong Asia-Pacific grantmaking.
This show will give you practical advice on how you can be successful with your philanthropic efforts in the Asia Pacific region.
Host Ted Hart will interview CAF America's very own Jessie Krafft, Manager of Donor Advised and Grant Services. The two will discuss equivalency determination-- truths about it, misconceptions, understanding why it's important in international grantmaking, times when you don't actually need it and when you do.
About Jessie: A critical part of the CAFAmerica Grants team, Krafft is a leadership force, moving through the ranks of the Grants team to Grants Officer and then to her current position of Manager of Donor Advised and Grant Services. Krafft is a strong philanthropic activist and has been accepted to the Master of Arts in International Development program at American University, having graduated summa cum laude from the honors college at Virginia Commonwealth University with a B.A. in Spanish and a B.S. in Anthropology, with a minor in Latin American Studies. She will also complete her certificate in Nonprofit Executive Management at Georgetown University early this summer. Jessie is also fluent in Spanish and holds a Spanish Certificate of Translation and Interpretation from her alma mater. Prior to joining the CAFAmerica staff, Jessie worked for over a year as a volunteer visitor coordinator, tutor, and child caretaker at an orphanage in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. As the visitor coordinator, she successfully coordinated several orthopedic surgical brigades that serviced the home and the surrounding communities.
Host Ted Hart will be having a Q & A session with John Bennett and David Shevlin, attorneys from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett. They will be discussing how charities can comply with IRS expectations for reporting on use of funds received from grants.
About the guests:
JOHN N. BENNETT
Associate, NY Office
John Bennett is an Associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP where he practices in the Exempt Organizations Department. He advises a number of endowed universities, foundations, hospitals and cultural institutions in connection with the investment of their endowments. John has represented not-for-profit institutions in connection with secondary market sales of interest in various private investment vehicles. John also advises a variety of public charities and private foundations on structural and operating issues, including governance, reorganizations, domestic and international grantmaking and taxation.
DAVID A. SHEVLIN
Partner, NY Office
David Shevlin is a Partner at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and is Head of the Exempt Organizations Group. He advises a variety of international and domestic exempt organizations, including all forms of private foundations and public charities. Mr. Shevlin also advises donors to and the governing bodies of exempt organizations. Mr. Shevlin has been recognized as a leading practitioner in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2008 – 2012). In addition, he regularly speaks and writes on topics of relevance to exempt organizations.
in Self Help
Janis is talking with Sheena Solomon about the What If Mini-Grant Program that she designed to encourage Syracuse neighbors to join forces and move their good ideas into action.
Sheena will tell us why she thought a mini-grant program was important for Syracuse, how she approached building buy-in for the program, how it works, and what difference it is making.
Michael Durham will be discussing expenditure responsibility and how it makes a difference in the way international grantmaking operates. Michael Durham joined Caplin & Drysdale's Washington, D.C. office as an associate in 2004. He became a member in 2011.
in Self Help
In this episode of Grassroots Perspectives, Janis is talking with David Portillo, long-time grassroots grantmaker and Program Officer at The Denver Foundation, about the power of patient money for growing the capacity of community groups to make the change that they envision in their communities. Janis and David will be talking about the idea of patient money and what it brings to the community-based grantmaking picture, what David has learned about moving that idea into reality, and what diff
Today we are talking about self-reliance on a global scale and how that starts at home. Our guest is Bookda Gheisar.
Bookda Gheisar, Global Washington
Bookda joined Global Washington in the summer of 2008 to help launch Global Washington. Before coming to Global Washington, Bookda was Executive Director of the Social Justice Fund (2000-2008), where her work was dedicated to addressing the root causes of social, economic, and environmental inequities through strategic grantmaking efforts to community-based organizations in the Northwest. Before this, Bookda was the Executive Director of Cross Cultural Health Care Program (1993-2000) whose mission is to help ensure underserved communities full access to quality health care that is culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Bookda taught at University of Washington School of Social Work, Antioch University, and Bastyr University as adjunct faculty.
On this episode, CAFAmerica CEO Ted Hart is pleased to discuss corporate giving with Margaret Coady, Director of the Committee for Encourging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP). CECP’s mission is to lead the business community in raising the level and quality of corporate philanthropy. As CECP's director, Margaret leads the organization's long-range strategic and operational planning, authors quantitative and qualitative research reports, runs the annual Corporate Philanth
in Self Help
Janis Foster Richardson is talking with Jan Thrope, Cleveland area photo-journalist, philanthropist, and investor in grassroots possibilities - about the journey from pain to passion to possibilities that began for her at a community forum when a man stood up to share a comment that brought lofty discussions about addressing poverty back to reality. Hear about the experiences that resulted in Jan's award winning book, Inner Visions: Stories of Truth & Hope, and about Jan's &q
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (120 chatters)
- John Baptist (86 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (47 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (36 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (35 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (31 chatters)
- Straitway (24 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (18 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (15 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (13 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (13 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (10 chatters)
- reVerse (9 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (9 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (8 chatters)
- maineghosthunters (7 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (7 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (7 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (6 chatters)
- Gracie DeBrock (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Mike Shorten (6 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (6 chatters)
- Yammering Lew with Gavin (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (5 chatters)
- Takeli (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (5 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- gim6 (4 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (4 chatters)
- Starborn Support Radio (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (4 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- XWINGER RADIO (4 chatters)
- YMcTierXEmpowerment4All (3 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (3 chatters)
- USA live (3 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (3 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- D Hour Show (2 chatters)
- 63630 (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Endless Encouragement (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- WORLD Change (1 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (1 chatters)
- Oasis Christian Church Radio Show (1 chatters)
- PEAS IN THEIR PODS (1 chatters)
- Thriving Minds (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Mike and Steve (1 chatters)
- Grab Some Bench (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Immortal Magic (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (0 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (0 chatters)