SORT BY Relevancy
Howard Glasser and Catherine Stafford will be joined by guests, Gail Anderson and Laura Bailey for this episode of the Nurtured Heart Approach podcast.
Gail has a Masters in Religion and Counseling; PhD in Educational Psychology and is an Advanced Trainer in the Nurtured Heart Approach. She has worked for 20 years as a school psychologist and recently began an early retirement. She is currently teaching and training schools, homes and church settings, helping parents, children and teachers to find freedomw and worthiness through NHA! She is also certiried as a Non-Violent Crisis Intervention trainer and a Pyramid trainer. She has been married for 37 years. Gail has 2 grown sons, one a family practice physician and the other an assistant district attorney. One is is married and has three children, ages 5, 4, and 2. She and her husband are thrilled to be grandparents
Laura is an LMFT and Advanced Trainer of the Nurtured Heart Approach and focuses her work on Children in foster care. Finding many simple ways to improve the quality of traumatized children's lives, givimg them hope, she was inspired to write the book, Courageous Love: Instructions for Creating Healing Circles for Children of Trauma, especially for grandparents raising grandchildren.
Today, we’re talking to Suzanne Stevenson from the Parenting Center about grand-parenting. Did you know that the average person becomes a first-time grandparent at 47? And some surveys show that as many as 15% of grandparents are the primary caregiver and/or are raising their grandchildren on a full-time basis.
ABOUT PLAID FOR WOMEN:
Plaid for Women radio is produced to give you information, advice and resources to be YOUR wise advisor. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals, gain influence, and be heard.
Every show, we are committed to bringing you new ideas and offering new ways of thinking to give you opportunities to change your thinking and change your life. You CAN live the life you've imagined!
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
CONTACT INFO FOR TODAY’S GUEST:
Suzanne Stevenson, Family Life Education Program Manager
The Parenting Center
2928 West 5th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Lydia Harris is the author of Preparing My Heart for Grandparenting. As an author, Lydia's a contributor of recipes to Focus on the Family's Clubhouse magazines for children. Her recipes are developed and tested with her grandchildren. Join us as we talk about the joys of grandparenting during the summer months when grandparenting can bless the family and be a special opportunity to pour love and influence into our children's children.
Our guest, Holly Strum, Coordinator of Government services for developmentally disabled (children and adults), in Cincinnati, Ohio, and a grandmother of two with another on the way. An interesting aspect of this relationship is the many opportunities it has provided both families with friendships that have become "family" and the inherent richness in learning about a different faith/culture from an inter-faith marriage.
Please join our conversation by sharing your views and asking questions. Call in during showtime at ( 646 ) 716 5232.
Surely they have the best intentions, but sometimes it seems as though your parents and in laws are deliberately undermining your best-laid behavioral and dietary plans. Join About.com experts Terri Mauro (Parenting Special Needs), Catherine Holecko (Family Fitness), Susan Adcox (Grandparenting), and Kathy Ceceri (Homeschooling) as we talk about these differences in policy from both sides of that generational divide.
Have you given much thought to leaving a legacy of prayer? Grandparents have the opportunity to unite in prayer for their grandchildren. Lillian Penner joins Maxine and Jeannie today. She is the National Prayer Coordinator for Christian Grandparenting. Her book, Grandparenting with a Purpose, provides specific ways to help you start to pray for those you love. email@example.com.
Our guest, Naomi Berman, senior psychoanalyst, gestalt therapist, and grandmother of five, will talk about her experience as a grandmother, focusing on maintaining regular contact with grandchildren from a distance. As our world becomes increasingly global, grandparents must meet this challenge in order to reap the rewards of a gratifying relationship.
Please join our conversation by sharing your views and asking questions. Call in during showtime at (646) 716 5232
This month, we will explore the special blessings and challenges grandparents experience and how we, as parents, can have a mutually supportive relationship.
My special guest will be Dr. Ruth Nemzoff, adjunct assistant professor of interdisciplinary studies at Bentley College in Massachusetts, and author of the book, Don't Bite Your Tongue: How to Foster Rewarding Relationships with Your Adult Children.
Ruth and I will discuss topics such as: why grandparents and parents need to maintain a good relationship; how to deal with differing parenting philosophies; when to agree to babysit, and what to do if your adult children get angry when you can't; when grandparents should intervene in the parenting of their grandchildren; rights of grandparents in cases of divorce; and as always, your LIVE questions!
Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are kids today over-supervised? Are some kids not supervised enough? Are we all worried for nothing, or about the wrong things? Join About.com Parenting Experts Terri Mauro (Parenting Special Needs), Catherine Holecko (Family Fitness), Susan Adcox (Grandparenting), and Lisa Jo Rudy (Autism) as we talk about parenting anxiety and how much caution you should really throw to the wind.
You may know better than to, say, post a naked selfie or talk politics online, but there are plenty of blaming and shaming posts you may have going that will make your friends just as hot and bothered. Join Terri Mauro (Parenting Special Needs), Catherine Holecko (Family Fitness), Susan Adcox (Grandparenting), and Katherine Lee (School-Aged Children) as we talk about our pet posting peeves, and how to be a friend for real.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (127 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (115 chatters)
- Straitway (65 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (61 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (28 chatters)
- reactionariez (24 chatters)
- p0rnopuppy (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (18 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (17 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (15 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (13 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (9 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (9 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (9 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (9 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (4 chatters)
- Papa Lou (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Aaron McCready (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (1 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- DHead Radio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- HME Network (0 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (0 chatters)