SORT BY Relevancy
GRAMMAR; GRAMORIA; GRAMMAIRE
PART 6 OF 7
SEMANTICS = the study of meaning.
the study of linguistic development by classifying and examining changes in meaning and form.
SEMIOTICS = the study of signs and symbols as elements of communicative behavior; the analysis of systems of communication, a language, gestures, or clothing.
PART SEVEN........you bring everything together!
Syntax, morphology, phonetics, phonology and sementics!
GRAMMAR = early 14c., gramarye (late 12c. in surnames), from Old French gramaire "learning," especially Latin and philology, "grammar, (magic) incantation, spells, mumbo-jumbo," "irregular semi-popular adoption" [OED] of Latin grammatica, from Greek grammatike tekhne "art of letters," with a sense of both philology and literature in the broadest sense, fem. adjective from gramma "letter," from stem of graphein "to draw or write" (see -graphy). An Old English word for it was stæfcræft (see staff (n.)).
Form grammar is from late 14c. Restriction to "rules of language" is a post-classical development, but as this type of study was until 16c. limited to Latin, Middle English gramarye also came to mean "learning in general, knowledge peculiar to the learned classes" (early 14c.), which included astrology and magic; hence the secondary meaning of "occult knowledge" (late 15c.), which evolved in Scottish into glamor (q.v.).
A grammar school (late 14c.) originally was "a school in which the learned languages are grammatically taught" [Johnson, who also has grammaticaster "a mean verbal pedant"]. In U.S. (1842) the term was put to use in the graded system for "a school between primary and secondary where English grammar is taught."
THE JOINING TOGETHER OF LETTERS TO CREATE HEAVEN AND EARTH!
GRAMMAR the study of the way the sentences of a language are constructed; morphology and syntax.
LETTERSa symbol or character that is conventionally used in writing and printing to represent a speech sound and that is part of an alphabet.
In addition to being the first great artist of God mentioned in the Torah, the Talmud states that Betzalel “knew how to join together the letters with which heaven and earth were created”
[C14: from Old French gramaire, from Latin grammatica, from Greek grammatike ( tekhne ) the grammatical (art), from grammatikos concerning letters, from gramma letter]
in Self Help
When a Sister Slips Away...
When Patricia Brooks lost her beloved sister to cancer, she awakened fully to the gifts of their shared life journey. In writing about her experience of grief and the journey back to gratitude "The Gifts of Sisterhood" Patricia shines a light on the gifts her youngest sister gave her so freely, the gifts that keep on giving: Faith, Love, Frienship, Happiness and Acceptance. In our conversation, we will explore some of the big questions: Where do memory and legacy intersect? How can we live life more fully after returning from the brink of loss? How do we move from grief to gratitude?
in Self Help
The Four Things That Matter Most - Lesson 1
Thse are four simple statements that have life-changing effects when shared with loved ones before it's too late.
"Please forgive me" is the frst lesson in Dr. Ira Byock's life-changing book "The Four Things That Matter Most."
I will be teaching from the book and sharing a story that demonstrates how asking for forgiveness turned the situation around for all involved.
in Self Help
Join Uma Girish - host of The Grammar of Grief as she chats with Celestial Harpist, Cymber Lily Quinn.
Both are hosts on The Creating Calm Network
in Self Help
Choosing Love and Forgiveness in a Tragedy
Scarlett Lewis is a mom like any other. And, she's a mom like no other. When her beloved six-year-old son Jesse was gunned down at the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementay School, Scarlett's life shattered in a second. Trapped in a maelstrom of emotions and burdened by the weight of grief, this mom made a decision that "love" and "forgiveness" were the only lights that could lift the event from the frightening darkness it had cast upon so many lives.
Guided by Jesse from the other realm, Scarlett went on to write "Nurturing Healing Love" the three words her son had scribbled on their whiteboard at home before he left our world.
Join me and Scarlett for what promises to be an uplifting conversation on the power of love to save us when all else fails.
A Skeptic’s Journey to her Spiritual Truth
Daniela Norris was an Israeli diplomat and political writer who lived and worked in a left-brained world. The sudden death of her 20-year-old brother Michael catapulted her into a world of visions and visitations and moved her to explore Past Life Regression. Daniela’s latest book “On Dragonfly Wings: A Skeptic’s Journey to Mediumship” is a narration of her spiritual journey. Our conversation revolved around the balancing act between belief and belonging, spirit and human journeys and the truth we must embrace in order to live the fullest truth of who we are.
in Self Help
Letting Go With Grace and Gratitude
The passing of our loved ones is inevitable. How we choose to respond to it determines how we heal. Granted, it's not always easy to let go. My guest, Lydia Gracing, has known death intimately. Having lost four beloved family members under different circumstances, she soon learned that death brings with it gifts. We will talk about:
how she was able to let go with grace
how gratitude helps shifts our grief story
what our loved ones who pass on would have us believe
Join us for this intimate conversation.
in Self Help
FREE Webinar on "Unfinished Business: What Your Soul Needs" on April 22 (6 PM to 7 PM PDT). Register at:
Finding Your Sparkle After Loss
Welcome to my conversation with Tova Gold, The Muchness Queen. After the loss of her identical twins, Daisy and Sunshine at 23.5 weeks into her pregnancy, Tova lost her sparkle. Three months later, she was pregnant again. As she traveled through the darkness of grief, Tova made a decision that she didn't want her baby to absorb any negative energies. She started to wear sequins as a way to add some sparkle to her life.Today, her mission is to help other moms find little bits of light to help their way through the darkness. She calls it Finding Your Muchness.
Join us for a conversation that promises to be full of the sparkle of new possibilities even as you're trying to find your way through the tunnel of grief.
in Self Help
Courage and Compassion in the Aftermath of a Shooting
As a 7-year-old, Lynnie Vessels was witness to the aftermath of her father shooting her mother across the dining room table. It was in those moments that in her younger sister's eyes Lynnie found a safe harbor as a way to anchor her sanity. Eye contact and words would go on to become the most powerful tools she used in the way she engaged with and created her life. In her powerful book "To Soften the Blow", Lynnie chronicles her extraordinary journey and the defining moments she used to make new choices in her life.
Join me and Lynnie as we have a conversation about what life hands us and how we can it to make meaning in our lives and the lives of others.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- John Baptist (88 chatters)
- DDP Radio (49 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (32 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (28 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- canadianglen (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (15 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (13 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (13 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (10 chatters)
- David and Wes (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- Hex Education (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (7 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (7 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (7 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (5 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (5 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- DLFootball (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (2 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (2 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (0 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (0 chatters)
- Red Broward (0 chatters)