SORT BY Relevancy
Today on the BeachLifestyle Radio Show, Host Neil Haley will interview former NBA First-Round Draft Pick: Adonal Foyle!
Adonal Foyle was selected in the first round (8th pick overall) of the 1997 NBA draft by the Golden State Warriors. He is the Warriors' all-time leading shotblocker with 1,140 blocks. He is also the only player in Warriors history to have over 3,000 career blocks and over 1,000 career blocked shots.
Adonal grew up in the tiny island of Canouan, where he was raised by his grandmother and pet donkey and relied on a kerosene lamp to light up his room while doing homework.
Although he has received a rare gift to live out his dream to become a professional basketball player, Adonal also knows that it's important to not forget where he came from and to give back to his community every which way he can.
During his 10 seasons with the Golden State Warriors, Adonal committed himself to community serve throughout the Bay Area. He's received various awards during that time, including the 1998 May of San Francisco's Sports Hero Award, the 1997 Athlete with a Heart award, given by the American Heart Association, as well as several NBA Community Service Award.
In 2006, Adonal also started the Kerosene Lamp Foundation. KLF, a non-profit 501c3 organization, helps empower children of the Eastern Caribbean as well as the United States and give them the right tools to navigate life's challenges such as illiteracy, sexually transmitted diseases and economic hardship.
This week (Wed, Oct 30 at Noon ET) on Women Warriors our guest is Francie Van Wirkus. Francie will be discussing the topic of “Conquering Fear with Grace.” Fear can be immobilizing and stop us from achieving our goals. How do we combat that and still do it with grace? Join us on Wed and find out!
Francie Van Wirkus is a motivational speaker, author, coach, and conqueror of mediocrity. She works to help people through change, and motivates them to make the most of their lives by sharing her journey of challenges and victories.
She is host of two online radio shows: Weight off Your Mind and Love of Self, both on PLV-Radio.com. Join her for a daily thought, grounded in being present in right now, authenticity, integrity, and motivation. Be ready to work! Francie believes talking about making a change isn’t enough. You’ll be given real-time, bite-sized assignments, designed to take steps toward what you want.
Francie believes that people and leaders want to change, but they sometimes get stuck in the transition to that change. You’ll hear stories of transition designed to motivate you to take on whatever lies in front of you. Spending just a little time with Francie will help you get ready to effect true change in your life or business.
Francie studied Business Administration-Marketing at the University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. She has been a professional consultant, coach and communicator in the insurance industry since 1990. Francie enjoys racing Ironmans and endurance events, as well as her work as a Master Coach, helping people do what seems impossible. She lives in suburban Milwaukee with her husband and three delightful children. To find out more about Francie visit her webpage at www.francievanwirkus.com.
Warriors In Christ Welcomes Chayah Shawab In The Lions Den!!!
Men residing at the infamous institution speak out regarding retaliation, abuse and neglect. Why is the patient population of Coalinga State Hospital being treated so horrifically? Could it be that there is no "watchdog" overseeing the institution, as there is for prisons and other patients--those who are deemed mentally ill? Why isn't there a specific policy spelled out for the "SVP" population, as there is for people in prison (Title 15)? Why does it seem that the few "bad apples," whether staff or officers, are not fired--but in many cases, promoted? Why does a facility like this one have an astronomical budget (spending over $3 billion in California taxpayer dollars since the infamous institution opened its doors), yet very little media/public information released? Is it possible--do CSH employees really not have to pass the same psychiatric exam that CDCR employees do?
CSH News explores these important issues and more...
NOTE: This episode was rescheduled from last Thursday.
Join Host Live Chats
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- Straitway (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (12 chatters)
- The Portal (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (7 chatters)
- Patriot Family (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- The War Room (7 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (6 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (6 chatters)
- Reader Tash (5 chatters)
- Recognizing Gods Call to You (4 chatters)
- Prophetess Evangelist Theresa (4 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (4 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (3 chatters)
- Living Astrology (3 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (3 chatters)
- The Wheat Report (3 chatters)
- Tribulation News (3 chatters)
- We are TOPS (3 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (3 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- Caffeine IV Drip (2 chatters)
- Changing Worldviews (2 chatters)
- DAnne Burley Show (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- RotoRadio (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- mexit (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- NWP radio (1 chatters)
- Ms Reason (1 chatters)
- The EvanXMiller Report (1 chatters)
- Spirit of 76 Remedy (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- BAREJA Outdoors (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- The hour of truth0 (1 chatters)
- Gospel Till Sundown (0 chatters)