SORT BY Relevancy
Recorded live on stage at the 2013 Gold Coast Marathon this special edition takes you on a tour of some of the great running events around the world.
Special guests include:
Rob Patterson - Wheelchair Athlete
Bruce Hargeaves - Comrades Marathon Ambassador
David Bradley - Dave's Dash for Diabetes
Karen Loh - Malaysia Women Marathon
Richard Lindroos - Auckland Marathon
Steve Race Director - Hamilton Hilly Half
Behind the scenes of producing a marathon telecast. Steve Mayer is the executive producer of IMG Productions which produces the New York City and Boston Marathon. He was in New York last year with Sandy and he was in Boston when the bombs went off. He shares his experiences and how his team is setting up for this year's ING New York City Marathon. It's some unique ponts of view on the sport we love so much. Joe finishes the show with a spontaneous list of the top marathons in America and provides some commentary about a list of marathon mistakes he read in a magazine.
We talk to runners who were scheduled to run the 2012 NYC Marathon and who are running the 2013 NYC Marathon. How much do you remember about last year? Listen in as they all recount their experience around last year's race and their plans for 2013. The 2013 ING New York CIty Marathon will be a historic race.
The setting is Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon which starts in Minneapolis and ends at the Capitol building in St. Paul. Joe takes you to the expo, then all 26.2 miles as he runs and broadcasts from this first class race. At the expo we'll meet a runner who has never run more than 10 miles, a woman who was at the finish line when bomb #1 went off in Boston and a race director from another race who used a clever trick to get runners to come to his booth. During the race you'll hear from a single woman looking for a guy, a neighbor who won't let Joe use her bathroom, a runner who only track calories lost, not miles run, Joe gets into it with a woman with an offensive sign, you'll meet a runner coming back after a stroke, hear from a woman overcome by emotion at mile 22 and a special treat in the post race, plus much, much more.
Yolanda Holder is known around the world. She hold the Guinness Record for most marathons in a year by a woman. Today she's on to talk about her 521 mile epic marathon over 16 days to raise money and awareness for diabetes. She'll talk about getting sponsors, preparing and planning and her epic journey. We'll talk about tricks to keep cool when it's hot, 93 marathons she doesn't even count in her life total, how many pair of shoes she brought and much, much more. It's a great story. Enjoy.
The Partnerunning Show is about to be joined by The Partnerunner Magazine as the latest edition to the Partnerunning Community.
In this edition of The Partnerunning Show Sue and Andrew introduce The Partnerunner and outline the launch competition where listeners can win an Ipad.
The 2012 Gold Coast Marathon is reviewed including the live from the course coverage.
Recovery is the topic of the day and regular segments inlcude:
Over the shoulder Ask Sue Marathon Man MInute The Road Ahead
The Happiest Place on Earth become the happiest place "to run" on Earth. It's the Disneyland Half marathon and it's the kick-off to marathon season. We'll visit with Jeff Galloway and Joey Fatone at a special event. On race day you'll hear from a couple who got engaged during a surpise event on the stage, Joe gets passed by women who is 31 weeks pregnant, we'll do some singing and dancing, talk about the funniest race sign at any race, interview our friends and much, much more.
In this special show we talk to Vanessa Runs and Running Hutch. Vanessa is a trail runner, mountain lover, endurance athlete and author with a wonderful story to tell.
Check out The Summit Seeker, Vanessa's book.
The Taper is one of the most critical aspects of training yet far too often it is neglected or not done well.
The taper is the period before an event where training is reduced and the body rests in order to poerfrom at it's best on race day.
We look at why taper, common mistakes, tapering for different events and success tips.
The Sunshine Coast Marathon and Community Run Festival was held on Sunday August 25th 2013 and we report on the event from our perspctive running the marathon.
Steve Prefontaine was a top American runner and since his death at a young age has been the subject of several movies and books. We talk to Matthew Crehan from the On Track and Field Podcast about his project to publish a graphic novel about Pre - The Art of Running: The Steve Prefontaine Story.
Regular segments include:
Over the shoulder Ask Sue The road ahead
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (460 chatters)
- Horn Sports (45 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (28 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (28 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (26 chatters)
- Love Productions (18 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (18 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (18 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (18 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (16 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (13 chatters)
- BC Motocross Weekly (13 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (12 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (11 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (10 chatters)
- dtm radio (10 chatters)
- Jay King Network (9 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (9 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (9 chatters)
- Dave in the City (9 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (9 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (9 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (8 chatters)
- Diva Taunia (8 chatters)
- New Colony Network (7 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (7 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (7 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (6 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Billy D Online (5 chatters)
- David Jerry Wes (4 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (4 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (4 chatters)
- The Stew Radio (4 chatters)
- The Unsung Goddess (4 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (3 chatters)
- MOUNTAIN CHILD (3 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (3 chatters)
- RHeart (3 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (3 chatters)
- City On A Hill Radio (3 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (3 chatters)
- Karen Tate (3 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- JTT81 (2 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Tiff (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- Truth Education (2 chatters)
- UCLA Football (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- Sisters Real Talk (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (1 chatters)
- PAPSITE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Lillian Brummet (1 chatters)
- 1stfamradio (1 chatters)
- BGERZY N SUKI SUK SHOW (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)