SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight's Topics (If we can hit them all):
1. Looking at good players like Ohio State CB Courtney Roby and Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis, we will talk about how thin/small players fall on draft boards and get drafted below less athletic players at the same position and why? We will also look at how teams with less accurate QB’s might view a bigger WR like Texas A&M’s Mike Evans.
2. With all the initial hype that there could be more QB's drafted in the first round then there were in 1983, and with Oregon QB Marcus Mariota staying in school and Georgia QB Aaron Murray and LSU QB Zach Mettenberger tearing their ACLs, now we could end up with only one or two. Thoughts????
3. While many believe Minnesota and Houston to making head coach changes and possible GM changes, what do we think should be done by Redskins?
4. Who do we think will win the conference championship games and why? The NFC seems to have two or three teams that could be classified as elite (SF, Seattle and NO even though Seattle blew them out on Monday), we will compare them to teams in the AFC.
5. Also, Mel Kiper said if Florida State QB Jameis Winston were in the 2014 NFL Draft he would without question be the No.1 overall pick. We will talk about how the misperceptions get put out there by the media and why? It is not to say that Winston will not be chosen that high, but if he doesn't people will be talking about how he would have been had he been allowed to be enter the draft this year.
(05/06/09) - Tonight's topics on the GM in Philly Show will highlight one VERY broad topic, followed by a much more introspective one. "What is the basis, surrounding the fight against LGBT people?" a puzzling and enlightening question, followed by a more detailed look at WHO exactly GM in Philly is, and why he has decided to take up a stance in the fight for civil rights.
Tonight on the GM Junior Scouting podcast we take a loot at:
The AFC Playoff picture
Chip Kelly and the success of the Eagles
Michigan State vs. Ohio State in the Big 10 Championship Game and whether the winner could hold up against Alabama or Florida State in a Bowl game.
We compare and contrast LB's Max Bullough and Ryan Shazier and CB's Darqueze Dennard and Bradley Roby
A look at the Chicago Bears QB position from a long term perspective.
A look at some players in this rookie class that we liked and disliked, and how they have fared thus far.
The topics of tonight's show are:
Ball State QB Keith Wenning and Northern Illinois QB Jordan Lynch, and their pro prospects. Thoughts on Oregon QB Marcus Mariota's struggles of late. Thoughts on Michigan State ILB Max Bullough and Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland. The Carolina Panthers stout defense and the progression of QB Cam Newton. Kansas City vs. Denver. The Green Bay QB situation, with some focus on what thay do well schematically and what it really means for QB Aaron Rodgers. Has Minnesota Vikings QB Christian Ponder taken a positive step? What teams should do to develop their younger players when the playoffs are no longer in reach.
1. Live scouting a quarterback, Clemson's Tajh Boyd and Cornell's Jeff Matthews 2. Oregon/Stanford
3. Stephen Morris and Logan Thomas have gone from once highly regarded, likely first round picks to 3rd round and later likely picks. We will discuss. 4. The correlation between prospects playing with elite QB's and those who don't. We discuss whehter there is more exposure for those playhing with elite QB's.
5. What goes into choosing a backup QB when you cut down rosters?
Tonight, we begin our weekly 2 hour podcast. We will discuss some of the following, time dependent.
On the college side:
South Carolina DE Jadaveon Clowney
Ex-Oregon TE Clot Lyerla
Washington QB Keith Price
Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland
Washington TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
The top OT's in the 2014 NFL draft
Peter King and the number of QB's that could go in Round 1 of the 2014 NFL draft
On the NFL side:
The 2009 NFL draft and where the players are today
What's going on in Atlanta?
5-0 Denver Broncos compare/contrast with the 5-0 Kansas City Chiefs
A look at the NFC East
Tonight we discuss LSU QB Zach Mettenberger, Georgia QB Aaron Murray, Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis and Tommy Rees.
We will also talk about scouting quarterbacks.
Also, a look at the Tecas and USC programs and who might be good coaching fits.
On the NFL side, we will talk about how a coach and specifically their play calling calling and how it helps their team. Play calling is an art form, and a very under rated aspect of coaching.
Scott and Mike get the opportunity to talk with Josh Liskiewitz of GM JR Scouting for the first hour of the show about the NFL Draft at 6pm ET. We will talk all things NFL Draft with Josh including who's going number #1, What he thinks about Jadevieon Clowney and Johnny Manziel. Also we may get some answers to your Draft questions as well. After we talk with Josh we will once again touch on the Donald Sterling situation, Adam Silver, and the NBA Playoffs as well. You won't want to miss it. Check it out LIVE at 6pm ET or anytime at www.blogtalkradio.com/sportsweeklive.
Join Host Live Chats
- NewMusicInferno (8 chatters)
- MRTALK (6 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (6 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (5 chatters)
- Ciracle Radio (5 chatters)
- Living Astrology (4 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (3 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (2 chatters)
- BobBrown (2 chatters)
- Dr Loren and Seer Arjeana (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (2 chatters)
- The Final Say (2 chatters)
- The Shelly Wilson Show (2 chatters)
- The Campaign For America (1 chatters)
- TheEnlightenedView (0 chatters)