SORT BY Relevancy
(05/06/09) - Tonight's topics on the GM in Philly Show will highlight one VERY broad topic, followed by a much more introspective one. "What is the basis, surrounding the fight against LGBT people?" a puzzling and enlightening question, followed by a more detailed look at WHO exactly GM in Philly is, and why he has decided to take up a stance in the fight for civil rights.
Tonight's Topics (If we can hit them all):
1. Looking at good players like Ohio State CB Courtney Roby and Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis, we will talk about how thin/small players fall on draft boards and get drafted below less athletic players at the same position and why? We will also look at how teams with less accurate QB’s might view a bigger WR like Texas A&M’s Mike Evans.
2. With all the initial hype that there could be more QB's drafted in the first round then there were in 1983, and with Oregon QB Marcus Mariota staying in school and Georgia QB Aaron Murray and LSU QB Zach Mettenberger tearing their ACLs, now we could end up with only one or two. Thoughts????
3. While many believe Minnesota and Houston to making head coach changes and possible GM changes, what do we think should be done by Redskins?
4. Who do we think will win the conference championship games and why? The NFC seems to have two or three teams that could be classified as elite (SF, Seattle and NO even though Seattle blew them out on Monday), we will compare them to teams in the AFC.
5. Also, Mel Kiper said if Florida State QB Jameis Winston were in the 2014 NFL Draft he would without question be the No.1 overall pick. We will talk about how the misperceptions get put out there by the media and why? It is not to say that Winston will not be chosen that high, but if he doesn't people will be talking about how he would have been had he been allowed to be enter the draft this year.
Tonight on the GM Junior Scouting podcast we take a loot at:
The AFC Playoff picture
Chip Kelly and the success of the Eagles
Michigan State vs. Ohio State in the Big 10 Championship Game and whether the winner could hold up against Alabama or Florida State in a Bowl game.
We compare and contrast LB's Max Bullough and Ryan Shazier and CB's Darqueze Dennard and Bradley Roby
A look at the Chicago Bears QB position from a long term perspective.
A look at some players in this rookie class that we liked and disliked, and how they have fared thus far.
Sunday January 11, 2015, special guest will be GM Bram Frank.
Bram Frank is a first generation personal student, and disciple of the late Grandmaster Remy Presas, the Father and Founder of Modern Arnis. He was with Professor Presas from 1980 till his untimely demise in 2001. Bram has studied various fighting arts such as Wing Chun, JKD, American Freestyle Karate for over 46 years and has taken the principles from each as they can be applied to Filipino Martial Arts. Bram holds Dan rank in several arts and has been Director of Blunt & Edged weapons training for several federations worldwide. Currently he is Director of Edged Weapons training @ the S2 Law Enforcement-Security Institute. Over the last several years Bram has concentrated on the use of edged weapons / tools as a principle instrument of self defense and its use in Military, Police and Anti Terror applications.
The World Head of Sokeship Grandmaster Council has recently recognized Bram as the First Modern Grandmaster on their council: the Grandmaster of a Tactical –Combative Fighting art: Common Sense: Self Defense- Street Combat and its Tactical application Modular Martial Blade Craft. In December of 2007 Bram was Black Belt Magazines Hall of Fame Weapons Instructor of the Year.
In 2007 Dr Dennis Hanover and those in Israel recognized Bram after over a decade of teaching knife & knife combatives in Israel, as the Father of Israeli Knife Fighting.-Knife Combatives. He was recently recognized as the Guardian of the Legacy of Presas Bolo in the Philippines. In 2014 BLADE Magazine honored Bram with a membership in Knife makers Showcase: the first knife designer honored in the custom blade makers membership for his unique designs and impact on the knife community over the last 2 decades.
Rex Ryan has shuffled off to Buffalo and the New York Jets have their new GM, he is Mike Maccagnan. He comes to the Jets from the Texans and we will tell you what we know about him.
Next up is the head coach, there have been a lot of interviews, we will discuss the candidate pool on the show. Dan Quinn from the Seahawks seems to be the top candidate, but can the Jets land him with several other teams being interested? Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles is coming in for a 2nd interview, could he be the man Woody Johnson chooses to lead this team?
Tune in as Brandon Dowling and Joe Blewett discuss who will be the next head coach of the Jets.
Programming note for this weeks episode of WHEELZ UP RADIO. Joining us will the GM of New England Dragway Joe Lombardo. We will wrap up the 2014 season and talk about what is on the slate for 2015. NED was selected as the 2013 track of the year and right fully so.. We look forward to talking to Joe about the continued improvements that are going on at the Track. Be sure to tune in Weds at 7pm. www.blogtalkradio.com/vlf1 Tune in and check us out!!
The topics of tonight's show are:
Ball State QB Keith Wenning and Northern Illinois QB Jordan Lynch, and their pro prospects. Thoughts on Oregon QB Marcus Mariota's struggles of late. Thoughts on Michigan State ILB Max Bullough and Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland. The Carolina Panthers stout defense and the progression of QB Cam Newton. Kansas City vs. Denver. The Green Bay QB situation, with some focus on what thay do well schematically and what it really means for QB Aaron Rodgers. Has Minnesota Vikings QB Christian Ponder taken a positive step? What teams should do to develop their younger players when the playoffs are no longer in reach.
1. Live scouting a quarterback, Clemson's Tajh Boyd and Cornell's Jeff Matthews 2. Oregon/Stanford
3. Stephen Morris and Logan Thomas have gone from once highly regarded, likely first round picks to 3rd round and later likely picks. We will discuss. 4. The correlation between prospects playing with elite QB's and those who don't. We discuss whehter there is more exposure for those playhing with elite QB's.
5. What goes into choosing a backup QB when you cut down rosters?
Listen in as the New York Jets continue their search for a new GM and Head Coach, we will recap what we have learned so far. Who have they spoken with, who are the front runners? Special guest Kristian Dyer from Metro NY will join us and provide updates on the search process. Doug Marrone has divided the media, some are for him, others are against. There are reports now saying Seattle Seahwaks Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn is the Jets top choice.
Jets consultants Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf are lining up the candidates. Are they picking the best available options? Will Woody Johnson make the right choice?
We will discuss all this and more. We want to hear what you think, so give us a call at (646) 716-4697. We air live at 8pm.
Be sure to follow Kristian Dyer on Twitter for all the latest Jets news.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (64 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (28 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (17 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (10 chatters)
- MRTALK (7 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (5 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (4 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (3 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)