SORT BY Relevancy
Join us Tuesday night 9:00 pm eastern as we invite Norma aka Girlie Bigfooter to the show. We will learn a little about her and what she's been up to with her research.
Sunday June 9, 2013, 6 pm Pacific time: Join Sifu Restita and Sifu Robert as they welcome Masters Hall of Fame 2013 nominees Darryl Vidal, Kenpo Karate Master, and Professor Girlie Abad, Kajukenbo Master.
Listen in as we feature our weekly shout outs, Health News, Bob's Wierd News, and our interviews with Master Vidal and Master Abad!
Sangie Davis, real name Anthony Horace Davis, is a reggae songwriter and producer whose masterpieces include Bob Marley's "Wake Up and Live" and Sophia George's "Girlie Girlie." His involvement with Marley apparently also led to a handful of original songs that were never recorded as well as an A&R position for Davis at the Tuff Gong label. The aforementioned Marley song title came from an advertising sign on a building in Jamaica. "Girlie Girlie," an enormous hit for George, was extracted fresh from one of his own mother's critical comments. Apparently after seeing him hanging around with a pack of schoolgirls, Mrs. Davis asked "How you so girlie girlie?" Davis claims to have finished his song a brisk ten minutes later. In addition to songwriting and production, this artist has contributed both guitar stroking and background vocal touches to various reggae sides since the early '80s. Hopeton Smythe Born in Hanover, Jamaica, and while enjoying a happy childhood the true roots of Rastafarianism and reggae music were instilled in him. Hopeton loves to sing and always wanted to be apart of a band, In 1996 he started a band and over the years was forced to change members, and the band name, finally in 2012 they became "TONAHOPE" with members Gustavo"Guss"Velez(keys), Elazar Benjamin(bass), Travis Townsend(drums), John"Bodi"Black(Guitar), Frank"Cisco"Martines(Percussions) and last but not least Ms. Kariymah Jones(vocals)...Despite enduring life’s hardships, Ton-A-Hope, through perseverance writes songs and melodies developing there own music and style. In 2012 They released their first album with tracks like “JAH Never Leave Us”,"Going True" and "Where is the love" to name a few songs from the 10 track debut album.
in Self Help
How important is beauty for you at midlife?
Is the mirror your friend or your foe?
What concerns you the most about your looks as you head into the second half of your life?
In this episode I share with you my thoughts about beauty at midlife, from rethinking beauty to how I look after myself. There's nothing extraordinary about my routines EXCEPT for the thoughts I think when I go through them.
I look forward to activating our inner "girlie girl" and talking all stuff beauty, especially the stuff that goes beneath skin deep!
Support my podcast by getting involved:
Follow my podcast: BlogTalkRadio
Get my newsletter
Read me on Quora
Subscribe to my videos
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Join Host Live Chats
- Tens or Chops (49 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (15 chatters)
- Enfinity 1 Wrestling (10 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (10 chatters)
- Kalagenesis (9 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (8 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Kiler Davenport Live (4 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (3 chatters)
- BigDawg Music Radio (2 chatters)
- churchboi (2 chatters)
- Firefly Willows LIVE (2 chatters)
- Laurie Smith (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Real Talk The Movement (2 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (2 chatters)
- Truth Education (2 chatters)
- The AE System The Ministry of Hair (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- mrmidnightmovie (1 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (1 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Bible Truth by Benny (1 chatters)