SORT BY Relevancy
You know what the biggest question lots of people have about DIY projects: It's not about what to do. It's about how to get started.
What tools do I need? What kind of mess is this going to make? How long does it take? Can I really do this?
First, the answer to the last question: YES! Yes, you can.
If you're asking 'Where do I start'?, this show is all about you. But not just for you. Even seasoned DIYers benefit from hearing how other people rock their projects and how-to.
DIY Network's landscape, design, and DIY power broker Sara Bendrick joins power tool empower-er Pretty Handy Girl Brittany Bailey to talk DIY courage and share the things they've learned getting started on their DIY projects to help you get started with yours.
We'll cover the bases from Sara's beloved landscaping to tools to projects to working with your spouse, woodworking and more.
Oh, it's on! Watch this episode on YouTube.
1) Truth is a Person — Jesus Christ Himself. Our goal is to become acquainted with that witness, that “a-ha” within that testifies that what we have heard or read is Truth.
2) None of us has all the truth. We must be willing to admit and let go of the misconceptions we have about God, ourselves, and others.
3) Most of us don’t know what we believe. That which is truth, from God for us at this time, will stand the light of day.
4) We need to be practical — God is! There are things we can do, and stop doing, by which we can cooperate with what God is doing.
5) Wholeness, freedom and life are God’s provision for us — NOW! God wants us whole, complete and entire.
6) We are often fighting the wrong battles. We’ve been distracted by battles that have already been won, yet are not taking up the sword where we need to.
7) A lot of what we have chosen to believe is because it fits our temperament, how we feel, our history, and how we perceive our identity. As our perceptions change, our beliefs will also change.
8) We are all dealing with the same basic problems. We can look at what is really keeping us from entering into life: the flesh.
9) How Do You Spell “Success”? For most of us, we have no idea what it would look like to truly live the Christian life.
10) Is what you’re learning practical? Can you apply what you’re being taught to your daily life?
11) Man likes to make complex what God has made simple.
12) Accept what God reveals, even if it doesn’t answer all your questions or doesn’t seem to fit in with your other beliefs.
Please join Dr. Dave™ and Venus Quintana for another episode of Getting HOT In The Kitchen on Blog Talk Radio. This week, November 09, 2015, they will be discussing the history of KP duty and much more from the Battle Front over the years. We honor and salute our brave fighting men and women and all Veterans everywhere.
Please join us this Monday night, October 19, 2015 at 9pm for another fun episode of Getting HOT In The Kitchen with Dr. Dave™ and Venus Quintana.
We will be chatting about the "History of Halloween" and other spooky stories, including Icabod Crane, The Headless Horsemen and your most interesting superstitions.
Getting ready for a great show Monday evening - October 12th at 9pm
Please join us for a fun, entertaining and informative episode.
We welcome and love call ins... get ready with your stories, questions and comments.
Have a great Columbus Day weekend and to our Canadian listeners, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
Let us IGNITE YOUR PASSION FOR FOOD...
Dr. Dave™ and Venus
Please join us this Monday evening ( November 16, 2015 ) at 9pm EST as we discuss all the great things about cooking and celebrating Thanksgiving with your family and friends.
How much gravy should you make? How do I even make that gravy? What side dishes are best? What side dishes really suck...
Do you have a special recipe to share... if so, Call In To WIN... (323) 642-1296 **
** This week, we are doing something a bit different... Dr. Dave™ and Venus will be "donating a family dinner for Thanksgiving to a needy family" for EVERY caller that rings the show and talks with our hosts. Join us in celebrating the TRUE meaning of the holidays... giving back.
David Gardner, co-founder of The Motley Fool, on his investing philosophy, how he got started, and the etymology of the word “investor.” Plus Dayana’s update on her Comcast bill and why a Harvard economics professor says investing is really, really hard, even for him.
In this episode, we cover the common problems of actually taking action to get started with your own fitness business.
Thanks, very much, for joining us tonight.
Your hosts, Dr. Dave and Venus Quintana, will be talking about their upcoming shows here on Blog Talk Radio as well as plans for other media events on both TV and on Long Island.
We really appreciate you taking the time to help us work out any final "bugs" with our program.
Join Dr. Dave™ and Venus Quintana as they chat about their past week together, foodie related subjects and talk with their special guest, Captain Ralph Towlen, the creator of Seafood Safari TV.
Please join us this Monday night, October 26th, 2015 at 9pm for another fun episode of Getting In The Kitchen with Dr. Dave and Venus Quintana.
We will be interviewing and talking with Yusef and Nandini Austin of The Cocktail Architect. They run a high end cocktail consultancy and training company. They have been on FOX 5 news recently. We will have a fun, informative and entertaining evening. Don't hesitate to call in with questions, comments or stories.
Yusef Austin, referred to as the man in the know has imaginatively designed specialty cocktails for more events then one can count. From corporate events to private celebrity functions, weddings and soiree's all over the globe Yusef Austin’s cocktail empire can proudly state satisfied clients such as Tom Ford, Colin Cowie, Naeem Khan, Neiman Marcus, Ports 1961, Frapin, Amouage, and Bank of America, just to name a few.
Hoping that you get to tune in!
Dr. Dave and Venus
Join Host Live Chats
- Rivers Spirit Messages (7 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (6 chatters)
- SinclairDNA (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Conscious Black Business Network (2 chatters)
- Afrodeity Stone (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)
- Islamic House of Israel (1 chatters)