SORT BY Relevancy
eCareDiary will speak to Doris Haas, a Certified Professional Geriatric Care Manager, and the Owner and Founder of Atlas Care Management, about residential housing options for seniors.
Ursula Shaner, professional Geriatric Care Manager, talks about when a geriatric care manager can help families to determine whether a parent is safe in the home and what kinds of supports they need to help them live successfully.
Ursula Shaner holds a BSN, RN from St. Louis University Nursing School and Care Manager Certified (CMC) designation from the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers. She has been a nursing instructor at Jewish Hospital School of Nursing and St. Louis University and a staff nurse at St. Anthony's Medical Center. She worked as a nurse coordinator at LSS Hidden Lake Senior Residence. She has had her own Geriatric Care Management company named Elder Support Services since 2002.
She serves on the Board of Directors of VOYCE (formerly the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program) and is a member of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
Website to visit to find a Geriatric Care Manager in your area:
For other helpful links, visit the www.caringforparentstogether.com website.
Ms. Shaner is on the Board of the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program in St. Louis now named VOYCE. Visit them at:
Elder Support Services
TODAY'S GOP - NOW THE "GOP" ===> (GRUMPY OLD PEOPLE)
Today's speakers are:
Davangere Devanand, MD, Chief of The Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology at the New York Psychiatric Institute.
Dr. Gregory Pelton, MD, Attending Physician in the Late Life Depression Clinic Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr Gregory Pelton and Dr. Dev Devanand, will discuss what Neuropsychiaric symptoms in Alzheimers Disease (AD) look like, how they are currently treated, and future research and treatments.
For more information on treatment and research opportunities, please visit our memory disorders clinic website at
http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/pi/researchclinics/memory/disorders-clinic and our Adult and Late Life Clinic website at http://www.columbiapsychiatry.org/researchclinics/adult-and-late-life-depression-research-clinic or call us at 646-774-8668.
To listen to any of our previous episodes on assorted psychiatry topics such as child and adolescent mental health, OCD, eating disorders or substance abuse please go to blogtalkradio.com/columbiapsychiatrynyspi
Anna's Journey on Wednesday, July 2.
George Hennawi, MD, geriatric medicine expert at MedStar Good Samaritan.
1. What is Alzheimer's disease? Cause? Is it hereditary?
2. What is typically the first sign of Alzheimer's disease?
3. What are the stages in the development of Alzheimer's disease?
4. How is it diagnosed/importance of early diagnosis?
5. Can it be treated?
6. Can it be prevented?
Listen to the show live on air ... www.blogtalkradio.com/anna-renault
or listen by phone 1-661-554-9121
Remember shows are recorded and available for replay
Welcome to Alzheimer's Speaks Radio where we listen to all voices on dementia. Join the conversation!
Rita Anand, is the Founder and President of Beyond Golden Era, LLC, a company dedicated to educating caregivers and healthcare professionals on how to effectively serve the elderly in aspects of their lives.
Rita's newest venture is Dementia Angels, a premier information and services resource that personally aids and prepares clients for the varying physical, mental and emotional challenges inherent in the beginning, middle and end stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Contact Rita Email Beyond Golden Era Website Email Dementia Angels Website
888-297-6197 ( landline)
Our 2nd guest today will be filmaker Alban Maino. Alban, has produced a film collection along with a scientific committee of geriatric doctors called "Remembrance", dedicated to patients and caregivers affected by Dementia. The first collection of films is now available for online streaming.
Contact Alban Website
Visit Alzheimer's Speaks Website for more resources and information - Blog, Free Webinars, Tools, Resource Directory and more.
Meriflor Toneatto is a prosperity expert and wealth catalyst for women entrepreneurs and professionals.
Her new book, Money, Manifestation and Miracles: 8 Principles for Transforming Women’s Relationship with Money, is an Amazon Best-Seller in the business and money category. It takes a revealing look at what holds women back from greater wealth and success, and creates a new way for empowering women and celebrating the feminine approach to money.
Then we'll hear from Dr. Woodson. She is a physician with more than 30 years’ experience teaching and practicing Geriatric Medicine. She also provided leadership in eldercare policy, while raising a family, and navigating her mother’s ten- year journey with dementia. An informative, inspiring and entertaining speaker whom the New York Times called “a frank and funny woman,” Dr. Woodson shoots from the hip and from the heart, empowering family caregivers, communities, health care professionals, policy makers, and corporations to serve seniors successfully.
Ok we all know the NBA Finals is tonight, and we all know the Matchup! Well I just want to give a little preview to the game and get you guys hyped up to see what should be a very entertaining finals! Will the King be dethroned and will the Geriatric Spurs visit their fountain of youth and overwhelm the Heat with their overall team play! Just strap in your seatbelts and get ready for another wild ass ride on the All-New "Jay Byrd Show!"
In a return to Sunday Night after a much needed break at the beginning of May, Barbara Dee & Bram Sarkowski welcome 2 Democratic Nominees for U.S. Congress in the home state of NC.
*Our 1st guest is a regular contributor to The Social Spitball Show, though he has never had his own segment. Marshall Adame faces Incumbent Republican Walter B. Jones on Nov. 4. Marshall is a retired Marine & U.S. diplomat with the State Department, a devoted husband, father and grandfather. He knows the importance of the military families in support of their soldiers, having 2 sons in service, one a wounded warrior @ home & one serving honorably in Germany. Marshall believes that when military families have to rely on food stamps in the first place that are then cut, something is very wrong. Marshall is adamantly opposed to destroying our environment through fracking and other environmental assaults. Learn more about Marshall @ 7pm EST: http://www.marshall4congress.com/
*Our 2nd guest is fresh from a 3-way Democratic primary victory, securing her the title & honor Democratic Nominee for U.S. Congress in NC's 13th District, facing GOP Incumbent George Holding on Nov. 4. Brenda Cleary has a PhD in Geriatric Nursing and has first-hand expertise on the care of our citizens. She knows what it takes to strengthen the ACA and has great ideas on supporting the solvency of Social Security, Medicare, etc. She has great stances on many other issues as well. Learn more about Brenda ~ quarter 'til 8pm EST: http://www.clearyforcongress.com/
Patient Advocacy is an important area of specialization concerned with a patient’s knowledge regarding the use of health plans, insurance, understanding medication that has been prescribed to you as well as your diagnosis and treatment. With the Institute of Medicine reporting that anywhere between 44,000 and 98,000 hospital patients die every year due to medical mistakes, it is increasingly vital that patients have someone to help guide them.
In this episode of iNurse Radio, our host Jeff Allen chats with Ava Sammarco, LPN, regarding the importance of patient advocacy, how patients can avoid succumbing to the problems in our healthcare system and the questions you should be asking as a patient to ensure you receive above standard medical care.
Ava Sammarco, LPN
Ava Sammarco is a Licensed Practical Nurse at Park Creek, a residential care center located in Park Creek, Buffalo.
With more than 35 years in the field Ava is an expert in geriatric and acute care as well as patient advocacy, one of her favorite topics! She is also the host of a radio show called "Nurses Notes" and television show entitled "Health Focus".
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (481 chatters)
- John Baptist (96 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (49 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (28 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (12 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- R2C2H2 Tha Artivist (11 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (9 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (9 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (9 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (8 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (8 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (8 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (6 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (5 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (4 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- David and Wes (3 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (3 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Kennel Spotlight (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- chocmami (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)