SORT BY Relevancy
USGIF Member company GeoEye is always on the leading edge when it comes to providing imaging products, as well as services and solutions to customers around the world. Today, we have been fortunate enough to spend some time with USGIF Board Member MR. Matt O’Connell, who is GeoEye’s CEO and Director. Matt will be discussing key trends in the use of commercial imagery, and he is celebrating his 10th anniversary with GeoEye.
As the GEOINT community continues to grow, it is important to increase the involvement of the youth as they will become the future leaders of our industry, government and academic representative groups.
As such, in 2009, the USGIF Young Professionals Group (YPG) was formed to unite junior GEOINT professionals within the Defense and Intelligence communities. This group offers events and programs that parallel the Foundation’s mission of advancing the geospatial intelligence tradecraft by utilizing the unique dynamics of our young professional membership based off of their needs and wants from this group.
Today, we are speaking with one professionals who has played a pivotal role in the YPG, Ms. Julie Baer who is a Government Affairs Associate, GeoEye.
TerraGo Technologies and GeoEye, Inc. have formed a partnership to increase the access and application of digital imagery. This innovative partnership enables GeoEye to offer TerraGo’s GeoPDF production capabilities in the next version of its EyeQ online access platform. Demonstrations of this capability will be exhibited at the GEOINT Conference, held Oct. 17-19, in San Antonio in GeoEye booth 413 and TerraGo booth 567.
Following is an exclusive podcast with Tony Frazier, GeoEye senior vice president of Marketing, and Rick Cobb TerraGo's CEO.
Each year, the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation recognizes the accomplishments of industry, academia, government and military with its USGIF Awards Program.
Today we are speaking with USGIF board member and CEO, President and Director of GeoEye, Mr. Matt O’Connell. Matt received the 2007 Industry Award from USGIF and will be discussing the awards program with us today.
And a reminder that USGIF is now accepting applications. All applications are due No Later Than 5pm EST on Friday, August 19.
Recently a number of geospatial experts have authored articles that highlight the viability of commercial imagery – with the proposed U.S. defense budget cuts potentially having a significant impact on the commercial remote sensing industry. We are fortunate enough to have gathered three of these experts on one podcast today. We are speaking with Kevin Pomfret, Executive Director of the Centre for Spatial Law and Policy; Josh Hartman, Principal at the Center for Strategic Space Studies and the chief executive of the Horizon Strategies Group; and Dennis Jones, President of the Jones Consulting Group.
USGIF Member company GeoEye is always on the leading edge when it comes to providing exceptional quality imaging products. Earlier this month, GeoEye announced that it won a $3.8 billion contract award from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) for increased commercial satellite-imaging capacity. The contract is part of the agency's EnhancedView program, which uses high-resolution images gathered by commercial satellites.
Join Host Live Chats
- Bigfoot Hotspot (52 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (30 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (17 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (16 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (13 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (13 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (12 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (9 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (7 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (3 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Alabama Wedding Radio (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- Harvest Kingdom Builders (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- Tha Sports Junkies101 Sports radio (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (0 chatters)
- myCulture Radio Network (0 chatters)
- teamYahweh radio (0 chatters)
- Inspectah Ant (0 chatters)