SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Philosopher Dr. Diana Hsieh answered questions on psychological egoism, take two, the purpose of Atlas Shrugged, limiting another's generosity, and more in this episode of Philosophy in Action Radio.
Question 1: Isn't everyone selfish?
Question 2: Was Atlas Shrugged written to save America?
Question 3: How much generosity is too much?
To download or feed a high-quality version of this episode, plus show notes and other details, visit its archive page.
For more from Dr. Diana Hsieh on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life, visit PhilosophyInAction.com.
in Self Help
We spent all of February talking about matters of the heart, hardened hearts, circumcised hearts, and guarded hearts. One of the things that tends to reveal our hearts the most is money!
Matthew 6:24 says, "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
For the month of March, in honor of St. Patrick's Day and everything green, we are going to talk about our faith as it relates to our finances. In this 3rd episode we are going to look at the promises of generosity, and why it pays to be a giver. The Scriptures we will be referencing are Proverbs 3:9-10, Proverbs 11:24, and 2 Corinthians 9:6-15.
Get your pens and pads ready, as we align our faith with our finances!
Feel free to submit questions via firstname.lastname@example.org or via our live chat session during the show.
If something hits home during the show, feel free to tweet it, Facebook it, or Instagram it using the hashtag #destinedtofly.
Use this link to open a free listener account, follow the show, receive updates, etc! https://secure.blogtalkradio.com/register.aspx?type=listener
Reading Genesis 13. I mentioned previously that Abram was supposed to leave family behind, but he brought his nephew Lot. Well, it started making trouble by the next chapter. The two had to separate because they were so blessed and wealthy. Abram gave Lot the choice of where to go, and Lot chose the very best, choicest land. Abram agreed without any argument at all, and the next thing that happened was that God renewed a wonderful promise to him. And, by the way, Lot ended up in very big trouble as a result of his choice of where to live.
Abram gives us a great example of selfless generosity, which there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of in the world today. I think when we emulate Abram's example, we are also far more blessed than whatever it is we "gave up."
Assisting me is my spirit teacher Mary; we will answer questions and give love based advice on any subject. The primary intent is helping you deal with the fears that keep you from being truly happy. The focus will be on love, relationships, sexuality, money, health and spirituality. Love is: compassion, respect, and kindness, and forgiveness, generosity of spirit, humor, and appreciation. These principals of love can assist in any situation.
We will look at your past lives and what fear based beliefs you brought to this life. I will also present messages from those loved ones who have passed and what they have to say about your situation. The material they present is focused on love based answers and applying the law of attraction. I teach the art and attitude of success, a way of raising your vibration to what you desire.
Mike was reading about a friend of ours at Cape Christian in So. Florida. It brought to mind a great idea he witnessed at his local coffee hangout. He calls it a Generosity Stakeout. Waiting at a coffee shop, he, basically, bought the coffee or meal for everyone that came in. For the next hour to two, every guest ordered what they wanted and when they were to pay the cashier says, “Our friend (Mike or Tom) has picked up the tab today.” Then they point across the way to you just sitting at a table. The reactions range from a simple, “Thank you” to “Why?” – what a great way to open a door of conversation and friendship.
Mike Stickler is an author, consultant, philanthropist, pastor, and founder of the worldwide organizations Generous Life and The Vision Group Ltd. These two organizations offer Christian ministries and non-profits a Christian perspective while coaching leaders through some of their most challenging success. Mike is the author of over forty training videos and books, such as ©2013 A Journey to Generosity - 41 days to a Generous Life.
9 of 10 Americans confess Christianity as their religion of choice.
1 of 6 Americans live in poverty.
When I think Christianity I think generosity. If 9 of every 10 Americans practice generosity, would we have 1 of every 6 Americans living in poverty?
Too whom much is given, much is required. God tells us in this statement he expect us to be generous.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son... This statement is confirmation of giving, is it not?
God loves a cheerful giver
In our daily deeds generosity must have a place, if you are truely believers. If we have goals on the path to eternal life.
in Self Help
"Open hearts will open more hearts." ~Cat Forsley
Being truly generous means giving from our whole selves, from all that we have to offer.
Generosity changes the world, it changes the way we communicate and connect with others, but mostly it changes our heart.
Discover how you can offer more encouragement, support, and build a successful model for your life through generosity.
Robin Rice is a shaman, internationally published author, spiritual teacher, “social alchemist,” and mentor to contemporary visionaries.
She is the founder of the "Awesome Women Hub", and has traveled the world to study indigenous leadership so she can share her Generosity Model with us!
Visit her website at: BeWhoYouAre.com
Check out Robin's Costa Rica trip January 12th-19th
Listen to 7 Things You Must Do to Love Your Life
Download Robin's FREE ebook Venus For A Day
in Self Help
Open hearts will open more hearts. ~ Cat Forsley Being truly generous means giving from our whole selves, from all that we have to offer. Generosity changes the world, it changes the way we communicate and connect with others, but mostly it changes our heart. Discover how you can offer more encouragement, support, and build a successful model for your life through generosity. Robin Rice is a shaman, internationally published author, spiritual teacher, “social alchemist,” and mentor to contemporary visionaries. Founder of the "Awesome Women Hub", she has traveled the world to study indigenous leadership so she can share her Generosity Model with us! Visit her online: BeWhoYouAre.com
Today on Epic Love Radio relationship coaches and beloved co-hosts Tobin and Lorina discuss fun and powerful ways to increase the amount of love, intimacy and goodness in a relationship.
Enjoy a lively 1/2 hr discussion on what has served them and their clients in creating more postive, pleasurable and meaningful connections.
Tune in while they unpack such goodies like:
Talking about Emotions and Sensations
Play in everyday life
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (84 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (32 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (30 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (21 chatters)
- canadianglen (20 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (10 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (10 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (8 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (8 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- Hex Education (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (6 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (6 chatters)
- David and Wes (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (5 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- Sh Moore (5 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (4 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- Love Productions (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Opulent Network (3 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (3 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (2 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- SUBCONSCIOUS CHANNEL (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- AFTER*DARK*radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Mad Women of Smoking Hot Politics (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- rodolforoman (1 chatters)
- Red Broward (1 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (0 chatters)