SORT BY Relevancy
Join Bonnie & Ja'Vonne with their guest, Tony Burroughs, CEO of The Center for Black Genealogy, noted speaker and author. Together they will look at how to research your family history and how to travel with a purpose as you research your own Family Tree. Also keep up on Travel News, Travel Tips, and all the features of this top weekly Travel Show. Heard nationwide on Sirius/XM #141 and WVON-Chicago and iHeartRadio.com. www.TheTavelingEye.com . #TheTravelingEye
Join participants of the professiolnal genealogy class of the Midwest African American Institute for an engaging and informative discussion on " Why Genealogy" with Matilda and her children.
"The Genealogy as a Profession class at MAAGI 2014 created WHY GENEALOGY? centered around a slave named Matilda asking her descendants why they were or were not trying to find their family. Sarah Cato is the producer and host. Cast members: Konnetta Alexander is the slave named Matilda from the Graham Slave Records. Myra DeShields-Moulton tells about her research findings and the family books she’s written. Camile Camille Genealogy Sista Johnson representing the X-generation’s interest or lack of interest. Flavia Frierson asks why should she research that old stuff. Roland Miller shares the migration path of ex-slaves. Audrie McRay tells why she researches her family and makes family scrapbooks.
Don Eckerle of the German Genealogy Group (GGG) and John Martino of the Italian Genealogy Group (IGG) join Jane this morning to talk about the mammoth indexing projects their groups took on when they decided to tackle Long Island records and then New York City vital records and then NARA NYC records and then some more. Don and John will discuss what records they have done, what records they intend to do, and what the differences in their groups' databases are. They will also tell us how they manage their indexing projects with more than 2,000 volunteers. They'll also share interesting stories from their indexing and tell us about unusual records or people that they came across in the records.
In May 2014 Don, John and their GGG partner Bob Boeckle received the National Genealogical Society's Award of Merit in recognition of exceptional contributions to the field of genealogy.
John and Don are pictured with the other New York attendees at the NGS conference in Richmond, Virginia. They are all members and volunteers for the GGG and IGG indexing projects.
For many genealogy can seem overwhelming, especially for those of slave ancestry. There are very specific challenges that African Americans researching family history face. Tune as the Sistas chat with African American genealogy expert Elon Cook about the challenges and resources for African American Genealogy. Elon Cook is an experienced genealogist; she received her Masters Degree from Brown University and is a newly confirmed member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. To learn more about Elon check out her website here.
Awareness Watch Talk Show for Saturday May 3, 2014 at 2:00pm EST - Genealogy Resources
This show will highlight my Subject Tracer titled Genealogy Resources and available directly from the Virtual Private Library. The Genealogy Resources Subject Tracer™ will keep you on the latest path to maintain resources for the latest genealogy on the Internet or give you the required guidance you need to stay at the leading edge of genealogy resources, sources and sites available over the Internet. We will also be reviewing the latest happenings from my blog during the last week. We will also discussing my latest freely available Awareness Watch Newsletter V12N5 May 2014 highlighting World Wide Web References and my freely available May 2014 Zillman Column featuring Bot and Intelligent Agent Research Resources and Sites. You may call in to ask your questions at (718)508-9839. The show is live and thirty minutes in length starting at 2:00pm EST on Saturday, May 3, 2014 and then archived for easy review and access. Listen, Call and Enjoy!!
African American Genealogy & Slave Ancestry Research (AAGSAR) is a technology-centric, collaborative for genealogists researching their slave ancestry.
A NO OBSERVERS Community we focus on 3 primary goals:
SLAVE ANCESTRY RESEARCH SKILL DEVELOPMENT
MIGRATING FAMILY RESEARCH ONLINE
We differ from most African Amercian genealogy communities in that all of our collaboration, research, teaching and sharing is anchored by smart technology.
To join the AAGSAR Community you must be active on Facebook, and have [or be willing to create] a family blog and/or website. Don't worry! Support is ALWAYS available should you need help getting started!
We’re a close-knit community and offer 1:1 coaching to drive your slave ancestry research forward! NO BRICK WALLS PERMITTED.
Please join us, every Sunday at 6PM ET for our new "You Got Roots?!" segment! We promise - genealogy + technology has never been this fun!:)
EDUCATE. ENGAGE. ADVOCATE.
The AAGSAR Community
For more You Got Roots?! program information: http://aagsaryougotroots.wordpress.com/upcoming-events
What should you consider in buying a new computer?
Why would a Boomer become one of the oldest new firemen in America?
What is the truth about the senior single sex scene?
Why is genealogy becoming so popular and how do you get started.
Find out about these subjects vital to all adults on this segment of Boomers Plus Radio and listen to our other programs for more 'adult' subjects.
GENEALOGY: Diversity In Black & White - The Solution (Part I)
WHAT: Part I of our VIRTUAL ROUND-TABLE discussion on People of Color engagement and representation in the online genealogy and technology space. QUESTION: How do POC researchers and the broader community work as CHANGE AGENTS to affect progress moving forward?
WHEN: Sunday March 30, 2014 | 6:00-7:00PM ET
You Got Roots?!
EDUCATE. ENGAGE. ADVOCATE.
GENEALOGY: People of Color Where Are We on the Journey?
WHAT: Dialogue with Cornell University Historian Edward E. Baptist about his recent Chicago Sun-Times editorial, American finance grew on the back of slaves and catching-up with genealogy blogger Taneya Koonce on her recent JET Magazine feature, Rooted In Family History. A pulse-check on where People of Color are on the journey to restore their family legacies - past and present.
WHEN: Sunday March 16, 2014 | 6:00-7:00PM ET
Edward E. Baptist | Cornell University
Taneya Koonce | Taneya's Genealogy Blog
You Got Roots?!
EDUCATE. ENGAGE. ADVOCATE.
Tonights show takes on an important Topic; of the historical backdrop in Genealogy. Genealogy is a word used to describe a line of descent traced continuously from an ancestor to you. There are direct ancestors and others on the branch who are blood relatives. For me Genealogy is not only locating ancestors but profiling them through the historical context in which they lived. This is important especially with Native and African Ancestors whose history is mirred with movements they had no control over.
Notes and Documents of Free Persons of Color and Black Minqua The Life and times of Henry Green are now available for purchase through Amazon.com or the Leboudin Site.
Available at Leboudin Site
Join members of the African American Genealogy Bloggers Circle for a discussion of the PBS Special - The African Americans - Many Rivers to Cross with Henry Louis Gates.
Join host, Angela Walton-Raji for a dynamic discussion of the African American Genealogy Bloggers reaction to the new PBS series. Ms. Walton-Raji is an author, genealogist, producer of the weekly African Roots Podcast and prolific blogger of the Native American blog - http://african nativeamerican.blogspot.com, and My Ancestors Name - http://myancestorsname.blogspot.com
Melvin J. Collier is a genealogist and author of 150 Years Later Broken Ties Mended and Mississippi to Africa- A Journey of Discovery. His blog Roots Reveals examines the many ancestral discoveries based upon new DNA results. http://www.http://rootsrevealed.blogspot.com
George Geder is a strong advocate for having all cultures and family lifestyles being heard and represented in the genealogy community. He is also an Evangelist for the African Ancestored Genealogy.
Nicka Smith's is a genealogist, family historian, lecturer, photographer and her blog can be found at http://blog.atlasfamily.org.
Terry Ligon, researcher specializing in Choctaw and Chickasaw Freedmen history and genealogy. Terry has given presentations on researching the history of the Indian Territory Freedmen, the Congressional Record as well as how to create video presentations of family history. His blog, Black and Red Journal is another opportunity to inform the general public about the unique history of the Indian Territory Freedmen and their descendants.
Join Director, Charles Brown, Jr. and the Coordinators of the second Midwest African American Genealogical Institute of St. Louis, hosted by the historic Harris-Stowe State University for an exciting discussion of the courses offered over a three day period. The faculty consists of individuals wth genealogy expertise with special emphasis on African American research strategies. The Institute will offer courses for the beginner, intermediate and advanced researchers to enhance their genealogy skills.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (147 chatters)
- John Baptist (98 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (60 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (27 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (26 chatters)
- RCRadio (24 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (13 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- DDP Radio (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (10 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (7 chatters)
- David and Wes (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- EBN Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- Odwirafo (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (4 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (2 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WGUM Glory United Ministries (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (0 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (0 chatters)