SORT BY Relevancy
in Pop Culture
It's been awhile but we're BACK and gearing up for a change and a new home. The grounds have been tested and it's time to take the training wheels off!!!! Join us Friday - April 10 as we discuss the comic book event of the Summer - Secret Wars and the END of the Marvel Universe as we know it. WHO SHOULD LIVE / WHO SHOULD DIE!!!! Also what's been going on over at DC? On the Video Game front - Are people WOW'ed by the PS4 & XBOXONE or have the next gen systems just been "MEH". Join us for a GEEK POWER HOUR :)
I am changing the format of my monthly TABRadio broadcasts to a live call-in show where you the listener can ask questions about technology and computers. My broadcast is designed to help you become more efficient, effective and productive users of technology and computers by overcoming whatever anxiety keeps you from doing so. Here the only "bad" question is the question that is never asked and keeps you from moving on to accomplishing the goals that have been set.
No scripts. No pitches. And no commercials! Just 30 minutes dedicated to taking listener questions, LIVE on the Internet!
Learn about technology and computers from Troy A. Burgher, a Microsoft Certified Professional, with over 20+ years of experience teaching and developing classes and course materials on Basic Technology and Computer Literacy for novice and beginner users.
Have you recently purchased a new desktop or laptop? Are you a new or beginner user of Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook? Are you looking to enhance your job search opportunities, but have limited knowledge or experience using computers? Using Microsoft Office Suite applications? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then call in to my LIVE TABRadio broadcast this coming Sunday [4/26/15] at 3:00 PM [EST].
On tonight's episode we will discuss the rise in Baltimore !!!
Call in chime in agree or disagree ...the call in number is 347-850-8030 ...don't let your t.v fool ya !!
in Pop Culture
So much geek-news going on these days, we thought we'd check-in with our favorite bear.
We may or may not talk about how Facebook's name policies suck and Teddy wants to talk Batman. Plus there's all this cool stuff happening on the Avengers front. Danimator is in the final season of Breaking Bad. Plus ... it's been a while! So let's get to it!!
This week we review Avengers: Age of Ultron the sequel to Marvel's smash hit. Joss Whedon is back at the helm as well as the cast of the first Avengers. Newcomers Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson take on the roles of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Tune in today at 1:30 PST to find out if Marvel will continue to decimate DC at the box office.
When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and it is up to the Avengers to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plans.
On April 29, my guest be Anna Murray, the President of TMG-eMedia. Anna is a nationally recognized technology consultant, speaker and blogger. One of an extraordinarily rare species—a woman who owns a successful softwaredevelopment company— she loves to combine her two passions, technology and writing. Anna writes on technology from a variety of vantage points, including its humorous impact on daily life, its serious business applications, and its role in changing the way people relate to one another. After spending several years as a teacher and journalist, Anna founded one of the earliest web-development firms, eMedia, in 1996. Over the years emedia has been privileged to partner with many national and international firms such as The Kellogg Corporation, Keebler, Del Monte, Bayer, Spire Capital, Wind Point Partners, National Cancer Institute, The National Institutes of Health, International Creative Management, Consumer Reports, Summit Business Media, Time Out, Harvard Business Publishing, Slate, and The Atlantic Group in developing strategy, implementing solutions, and developing cutting edge applications. Anna is a double winner of the Stevie Award for Women in Business, a recipient of a Mobile Marketing Association award for mobile app development, several Kellogg top agency awards, and most recently Folio's Top Women in Media Award. She also serves as the President of the Board of the International Women’s Writing Guild, a non-profit organization devoted to the development of women’s voices in professional writing. In addition to numerous articles for web sites and magazines, Anna has written several full-length books, including two business titles, Resume Builder & Career Counselor (Simon & Schuster, 1997), The eMarketing Guidebook (Marketing Sherpa, 2004), and a novel, Sarah’s Page (Sleeping Bear Press, 1998).
in Pop Culture
43 years ago office neil howie of the west highland police force die in a crash halfway between the mainland and summerisle island. We usualy cover movies on my show but this tragedy has always stricken me to the core so we will do a show based on this great tradgedy. with mutch thanks to writer anthony schaffer for his personal notes on the incident so tune on this weekend of the may day festival and sollemly respect the poor lost office.
Examples of Youth Culture
The term "youth culture" refers to the ways that teenagers conduct their lives. Youth culture can pertain to interests, styles, behaviors, music, beliefs, vocabulary, clothes, sports and dating. The concept behind youth culture is that adolescents are a subculture with norms, mores, behaviors and values that differ from the main culture of older generations within society.
Commonly-used Youth Culture Examples
· In the 1960's the wearing of clothes that indicated freedom
· Following of music groups that perform music that speaks to the issues teenagers perceive themselves enduring at the time such as Nirvana in the 1990's and The Beatles in the 1960's
· Hairstyles that exhibit a lack of conformity such as brightly colored hair, spiked hair, shaved heads
· Behavior that is contrary to what is perceived to be accepted and expected by parents such as drinking, smoking, using drugs
· Language usage that is bold in order to set themselves apart such as either excessive cursing or a usage of esoteric “cool” buzz words
· Behaviors such as cutting school or low grade criminal activity in order to assert independence and non-conformity
This week Steve and Mike jump into discussing the Apple Smart Watch, the Comic Heroes TV, Batman’s Suit, Comcast/Time Warner, among other things. Hope everyone listened to the last episode and enjoys this weeks as well. Thank you again to all who responded last week and we hope you join in the conversation this week ...
in Real Estate
LAND, they surely are not making anymore of it! This is precisely why you need to learn everything there is about how to locate, buy and sell land for profit. Imagine being able to pick up CHEAP DIRT all over the nation and then sell it to others on your terms. YES, this is possible and today we have the honor of interviewing one of the most PROLIFIC LAND BUYERS in the nation today: Mark Podolsky, also knows as the LAND GEEK.
Here is a bit of information about him: Mark J. Podolsky (AKA The Land Geek) is widely considered the country’s most trusted and foremost authority on buying and selling raw, undeveloped land within the United States. He has been actively investing in Real Estate and Raw Land since 2001, and has completed over 5,000 unique transactions. Mark’s company, Frontier Equity Properties, LLC, is an A+ rated BBB real estate company.
Mark has achieved this level of success largely due to his core business philosophy – “Happy Customers Guaranteed.”
Mark is the host of one of the top rated podcast in the Investing Category on iTunes aptly title The Best Passive Income Model. He is also the host of the Land Geek Podcast- Work Smart. Earn More. Learn How.
His mission is simple - to help his coaching students achieve their greatest financial and life goals by teaching the most effective and efficient land investing practices.
One of the key driving factors behind this mission is Mark’s passion for helping others break out of what he calls “Solo Economic Dependency.” Find out all about what SOLO ECONOMY is and why this knowledge is so vital in creating long-lasting wealth for you and your family.
Technocracy - a few people (elite) with a lot of knowledge about science or technology control who a very large group of people who don’t have access to the same technological knowledge.
Why has Western Judeo-Christian culture has developed such an extraordinary obsession with technology?
Does technology embody the tenets of religious millenarianism promising the transcendence of mortal life or immortality?
It is the achievement of this provocative thesis to foreground that religion and technology are not so much opposing historical projects but rather that they are deeply intertwined.
Let's take a look at my new book TECHNETRONICS!
Order your copy at http://store.payloadz.com/details/2265113-ebooks-science-the-science-and-metaphysics-of-technetronics.html
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (85 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (34 chatters)
- BeverlyD (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (19 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (18 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (15 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (13 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (13 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (8 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (3 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (3 chatters)
- Angels Of Light (2 chatters)
- Indigenousity (2 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Talk 101 (2 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (2 chatters)
- Silent Words (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- The Way Walkers (2 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (1 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (1 chatters)
- Is That Jazz Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- HMS Radio (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Denise and Janice Tunnell (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)