SORT BY Relevancy
Who will it be? Tune in live Sept. 11, 2014.
A little about me: I've been a finalist in a cooking demonstration competition, prepped and plated up food alongside some famous Food Network chefs, volunteered at large food and wine charity events, and judged at World Food Championships competitions in California and the Finals in Las Vegas. But my greatest passion is for quality food that doesn't bust the average family's budget!
I am not a vegetarian, but I do like to balance my diet by eating healthier during the week. So, I observe #MeatlessMondays and #FishFridays because it's not just healthy, but also economical (and good for the environment)! If you're a die-hard meat-eater like me, you won't give up meat for even one meal a week unless the dish tastes great. So I search out dishes where you don't feel like it's missing something or lacking flavor!
I will also talk about what you can do with things on sale, or re-purposing leftovers. I once fed a hungry group of 20 poker players a corned beef & cabbage dinner on St. Patrick's Day, (yes, mostly men) for only $20. And a few went back for second and third helpings!
I have met some very cool, fun people in the food industry,and I hope I'll be able to share their stories - - starting with my own! I'll also tackle some of the food news or trends that pop up and share my take on these fads, while sharing information and recipes.
I have no formula set in stone about how this show will go moving forward, so if I get a lot of interest, I may address questions on air that you send to me! So please tell your friends about this show and let's have some fun while we save money!
@Ms_Terree aka The Frugal Foodie
We had an awesome show today! We talked a little bit about hot topics in the news, and shared about new site Frugal WAHMs Magazine just opening this week! We also had some sad news from Sue today, we are sad to announce her Daughter lost her baby. So we are asking that you contact Sue and send you condolescenses as this is very tough time for her family. You can email Sue at email@example.com
Also on today's show we were blessed to have with us a wonderfully funny lady Jenna McCarthy who is a wonderful book author. Jenna was such a warm and inviting and FUNNY lady to chat with this morning it was a geat interview. This was probably the funniest interview I have given over my last three years, Jenna was a down to earth lady who talk about the joys of motherhood in the funniest way. Before becoming a renowned book author Jenna started her career writing for large magazine publications like Mademoiselle and Shape just to name a few.Dont Miss this great interview!! A
in Self Help
Whether you're dealing with a mountain of debt (which there is no need to continue paying on) or trying to save money for your "retirement", there are numerous circumstances that can force you to have to live inexpensively. Frugal living is typically viewed in a negative light, where the word "sacrifice" becomes synonymous with "suffering." Most of the time, it is. So what can you do to change this? Reach out? Ask for help? What if there is none and you have no family or friends in the area? It takes people helping people, which rarely occurs. It is much easier in America to raise money for an animal than to help someone in need. Poverty will not change unless Americans change their thinking- and actually embrace the religions they subscribe too.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Annabel Ascher. Annabel Ascher is known as the Frugal Goddess. She specializes in simple and practical advice on saving money in an unsure world. Annabel started The Frugal Goddess blog in 2010 at the height of the great recession, to help regular folks realize that a good life is still possible even in tough circumstances. Annabel started cooking at the age of eight and often made meals for her large family. This led to a lifetime passion for cooking from scratch and for food in general. More recently she has been exploring the environmental impact of agriculture and the economic effects of the need for food on the middle class and the new poor. She is the author of “Whole Food at Half Price—30 Days to Healthy Eating Without Breaking the Bank”.
this episode Q&A includes:
• lichen sclerosus- autoimmune disorder- exhausted immune system on overdrive-astragalus, mushrooms and well cooked foods..
• acid reflux- slippery elm balls..
• 7 medicines..
• ginko biloba every day for 6 months reduces your chances of ovarian cancer by half..
• heartburn from medication- dandelion before meals..
• bladderwrack and nourishing seaweeds..
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (482 chatters)
- John Baptist (67 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (62 chatters)
- Channel Panel (51 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (32 chatters)
- The Portal (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (15 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (15 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (15 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (11 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (10 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- Living Off The Grid Radio (8 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (8 chatters)
- 63489 (7 chatters)
- AlimBey (7 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (5 chatters)
- alexas29 (5 chatters)
- Bellesprit (5 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (5 chatters)
- Thats Novel (5 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (5 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Angel Amy (3 chatters)
- In Defense of Freedom (3 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (3 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Matt4America (3 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- Soul Flower (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- EON Network (2 chatters)
- In Todays America (2 chatters)
- Grudge Incorporated Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Sisters4Life Blog Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (0 chatters)